Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The lighting in my apartment is poo poo right now so here's a pic from Google:

I gave this teaset to my mom when I was younger and then she gave it back to me when I gave her a fancier, more advanced teaset from a NYC Chinatown store. I find it very cute and the small size dissuades me from drinking too much coffee. Presently I am using this mug to enjoy a nice oolong tea.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I'm drunk and I've had a difficult day but JSYK I'm gonna rate/review all these mugs soon.

POST MUGS

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Buds I am experiencing housing insecurity this very second. I will rate your mugs tonight you dogs

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

kntfkr posted:

why, what's up?

I bitched in E/N but basically my cats are Maine Coons, their zoomies are loud, downstairs neighbors complained and while I'm not exactly in trouble yet it is compounding my other troubles. Alas poor goon.

I am going to make a drink and then I will check out y'all's little ... situations. :colbert:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Posters can view my mental breakdowns in E/N. Today it's a mug breakdown.

This mug is cheeked up. In these horny times, a grave necessity. 7/10 docking points because it's not what I would call a "fat rear end"

5/10. Lazy and yet somehow inspired. A squarely middle rating.

Now this, this is a mug. 9/10.

Nooner posted:

I have a coffee mug i use at work it is blue and it has a picture of the LA Rams logo but the old one not the lovely new one and it says "L.A. RAMS" on the handle it is probably my favorite coffee mug because i use it most every day (monday through friday) (i dont use it on the weekends because it is at my office and i dont take it home with me)

Retro Rams logo would do well in my book but we're not grading without pics.

oldpainless posted:

My Bob Ross mug that has a painting show up when you pour in hot coffee

See above re: no pics no points.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this one (ignore the lovely lighting, i keep the lights in my office OFF)

6/10. Do bands still sell mugs as concert merch anymore? This rating feels generous but I enjoyed the brief implication you had seen the Beatles live in '62, which in posting years makes you as old as the gods themselves.

Empty Sandwich posted:

one that I made. the glazing is incredibly aimless or I'd have sold it. it's a good size for pourover.

Torn because I respect handmade artisanal muggin but am not sure I "get" it as a piece. I like the handle. 7/10.

I'm at work, mugless, sightless. Post mugs. Enjoy a hot cuppa on a cold day.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This mug is offputting but it's also familiar. I think this may have been in my parents' home at one point. Are you my dad? If so, 6/10 and thanks for the hug yesterday. If not, 5/10. Its expression betrays weakness of character.

I have a soft spot for this cartoon dog. However, like all licensed products, it suffers from making absolutely sure you know where it came from. 6/10, points docked for the inside branding. Try and wear it away with some powerful coffee, or perhaps paint thinner.

Brother Tadger posted:

Photo doesn’t do them justice; they have a silvery brown/black smoke color to them and the white is more of a bone color. Handmade by Tire City Potters in Augusta GA.

E. These were the “seconds” so they are a little janky but they were much cheaper :)

These are pretty dope. No notes. 9/10

By popular demand posted:

As a basic bitch I just got one that reads "A moment of coffee" with fancy diacritics.

This would be a somewhat boring mug, charming only for what it implies about the personage of its owner, but for the lined rim. A subtle but effective aesthetic touch. 7/10.

Peggy Edson posted:

I drink my coffee slow, so I prefer an insulated mug

It was only a matter of time before "Slow Drinkers" started showing up in here. How to even begin to assess these? It's like asking me to compare ceiling tiles. 4/10. It has an unusual shape and it's red, the color of heroes.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I used to have a mug of similar shape:

Since this doesn't seem to be presently in your possession you have been saved from my cold and discerning eye.

10/10. Would that this were in every kitchen cabinet in America!

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Ralph Hurley posted:

Good Morning!

What the hell is going on

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I will return tonight.

All ye who lurk, post and be judged.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Look at his smug fuckin face, it's awesome

Christ. Who is he? Where did he come from? What does he want? 8/10

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I drink out of the blue version of this every day for coffee in the morning and tea at night.

Ugh, just ugh. 5/10 and that's only because it's sensibly sized. My recommendation is to commit to mug culture.

great big cardboard tube posted:

It's this one I had growing up and took years to realize the rabbits were loving. I told my girlfriend about it and she ordered a reproduction one from somewhere for me as a gift so I have my favorite mug back.

Hahaha hell yeah. Horny but tasteful. 10/10

I don't like Garfield so this is a 5/10, but in this scenario my rating does not matter. This mug exists out of necessity, like a force of nature, and I can no more question its purpose than I can question the wind and trees.

Great shape, like the little peak and trough of the lip, the colors are exciting. 8/10

Bad Purchase posted:

i usually drink coffee from a simple glass cup like this one, which i made myself

You misread the brief, but you will misread the brief your whole life. The story is compelling. I cannot rate it as Webster's dictionary defines a mug as a cylindrical cup with a handle. Honestly this is a hosed up thing to post in the mug thread. I don't feel like I can rate this. Anyone here an expert in glasses? Because this bitch is a glass.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's 16oz bitch!

4/10

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

you just made it sound wide

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

A stickied thread... My very first. Don't embarrass me out here kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

No longer stickied. It was good while it lasted.