Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pipe puzzle AND a sliding tile puzzle? Now that's terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I've seen that tentacle before.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

No puzzle to not get shocked by the thing that shocked the gremlin? Very disappointing.

Feels like more adventure games could skip over the whole "walking around" part. Certainly makes things go faster.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As breezy as the game is it does take a certain talent to keep such an irreverent tone and not have it get annoying, although McQueen seemed particularly fond of the "..." response in this case. I was actually kind of disappointed that all 3 locations' puzzles weren't linked, seemed like a natural progression for the (original) finale.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was wondering how they would reach 20 screens and then the vents happened. If it wasn't a Die Hard reference I'd consider that cheating.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"I wish I didn't have to go back to work" seemed like a perfect set-up for "You're fired." McQueen and Dooley could set-up their own private agency! But that's not a good cliffhanger I guess.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Multi-location puzzles, fancy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm perhaps sensing a theme of emotional health here.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Dooley's family has weird but important traditions.

They've announced the release of a new bonus case this week!

I'm catching up from the episode I missed but that bit with the countdown and literally every character having dialogue for it was :discourse:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

There's a secret scene at the well you can trigger during the countdown, too, apparently.

It's time for the clown show to get really weird!

Featuring a naked rear end.

A surprisingly long wait for that inevitable naked butt. That said I'm very disappointed it wasn't McQueen and Dooley in the love boat together.

SelenicMartian posted:

Its the event everyone's been waiting for!
:vince:

I'm certain I'm missing so many wrestling references here.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So that was definitely (vaguely) I Was a Fool right? I'm not going crazy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I did not need to see Dooley say mouth babies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

By the way both games are currently on sale on Steam (and probably elsewhere).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Slaan posted:

Baby Nigel :kimchi:

Unfortunately I think those baby dinosaurs are about to go on a heartbreaking story of self-discovery.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how all this massive sexual tension between Dooley and McQueen gets cleared up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do enjoy some good irreverence. Seems like McQueen and Dooley solve at most 25% of the cases in Twin Lakes.