Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright so ive been working on that playlist generator and i got a serviceable version up and running that should tide you over while i make it Better And Cooler
use it here: https://music.fyad.club (i cba to rent a new domain for it)

when you feed it a thread it hasn't seen before, it'll scrape the first page of that thread and give you that. under the hood, it's adding that thread to a database that gets checked and the playlists in that database are updated an hour after the last update. you'll know if it hasn't been seen before if it takes a little longer to load, i might add an indicator for it, too

try editing your thread OPs to include a link to its playlist - the link'll just be https://music.fyad.club/playlist/[THREAD_ID] - that way people new to the thread can get caught up quickly

if you're a deranged schizo who wants to help for some reason, here's the repo https://gitlab.com/hbag/playlist-generator

Some playlists to try out:
2022 Best rap song of all time Tournament. [nominations]
DOOM
Weed Songz

hbag fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

a lot of videos are listed as "not available" by the youtube iframe API and thus skipped so until i or someone else comes up with a workaround they'll get skipped
i imagine its people using "official" uploads that have "allow embedding" disabled or some poo poo

edit: or maybe not since it plays something i uploaded from an "official upload" perfectly fine - either way its probably the videos disabling embedding but i guess theres no consistent pattern for it

hbag fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 17, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

has come to my attention that it Doesn't Work for some people
i got no idea why and i havent slept in 24+ hours so ill deal with it later and/or let someone else handle it if they want to

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/gd703wL.mp4

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

That's gross

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

nice. already found some good songs. im playing it in the background while gaming

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shibawanko posted:

nice. already found some good songs. im playing it in the background while gaming

yeah i found some pretty good poo poo while i was testing it
im redoing some poo poo under the hood so that itll be able to use threads longer than 5 pages lmao

it'll need you to tell the site to "generate" the playlist in advance and you'll be able to play it immediately but as time passes it'll add more to the playlist (as it scrapes more and more of the thread - it goes page by page rather than all at once so it doesnt DoS anything lol)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

updated, should now work with most threads but itll take a while to scrape the entire thread because, again, i dont want to dos the forums lol
you can view it even if it hasnt finished scraping, you just wont have the entire thread worth of a playlist

Epic Prison Guy
Aug 1, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

I can speak for the best song of rap playlist, it's incredibly good with only a few songs (if that) not firing on all 10s

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

btw, edit a link to your thread's playlist into the OP like this
https://music.fyad.club/playlist/[THREAD_ID]

will let people get into it faster

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

i did that link thing on the funk/soul thread. it's cool and works well. waow

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i did that link thing on the funk/soul thread. it's cool and works well. waow

please for the love of god get a new av theyre like 5 bucks man

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

hbag posted:

please for the love of god get a new av theyre like 5 bucks man

dunno what you're talking about, mine is completely tasteful

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

dunno what you're talking about, mine is completely tasteful

finally

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

hey, this is great

just a suggestion (not sure if this would be more trouble than it's worth) if there was a way of compiling the list of the titles to each youtube video on the playlist, then that would help archive these.

some of the older music threads on SA are suffering from pretty severe link rot and are just page after page of now deleted youtube videos. i don't think there's a way of accessing the title of a youtube video after it's deleted, so it's usually a total mystery what music was posted in the first place if the post is more than a few years old.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gonna work on the player more, just been focused on university poo poo atm

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Goldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

k there was a bug with the scraper that made it eat poo poo and die whenever the forums returned an error
cant believe it took me this long to get around to fixing it considering this was the entire fix:

Python code:
    except HTTPError:
        pass