Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Gennaro is my favourite character and if I had to unlock him again, I would do it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Gynovore posted:

We could really do without having to stare at fireworks for 15 seconds each and every time we open a chest. This isn't a mobile gatcha game.

It's Magic Survival doing a castlevania cosplay tho

Unfortunately there's no skipping with the slowdown glitch, once you attempt to open a chest that run is done.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I haven't had the slowdown glitch but hammering Esc will get you through chests faster

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Same. Escape works on every chest except for quintuples.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I was streaming a little bit of Vampire Survivors on Twitch earlier and right at the end I realised that some of the artwork in the game is traced.

I thought some of the sprites in the game looked a little bit suspect (the vampire siblings look almost exactly like Alucard sprite in Symphony of the Night), but this is extremely blatant. :sigh:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully any new maps will have hyper mode already unlocked, I can't go back to normal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I was streaming a little bit of Vampire Survivors on Twitch earlier and right at the end I realised that some of the artwork in the game is traced.

I thought some of the sprites in the game looked a little bit suspect (the vampire siblings look almost exactly like Alucard sprite in Symphony of the Night), but this is extremely blatant. :sigh:

I’m astonished Konami hasn’t come screaming from the sky on a thousand lawsuits already, honestly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JordanKai posted:

That looks homaged for sure, but it doesn't look traced. The proportions are more realistic on the VS picture.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

JordanKai posted:

Some of the sprites like giant green zombie/whatever and Count Orlox in the library are just straight up ripped from SoTN.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah they shouldn't be doing that but something tells me they weren't thinking their game would explode online like this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah they shouldn't be doing that but something tells me they weren't thinking their game would explode online like this.

I am hoping the more blatant examples were meant to be placeholders.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Hahaha they added NFTs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Gynovore posted:

Hahaha they added NFTs.

I was legitimately scared that they added this for real but no :allears:

quote:

The NFT

In commemoration of the 35th (day) anniversary of the Vampire Survivors release on Steam,
we decided to jump on the hottest trends in gaming and release our own NFT.

From game patch 0.2.9, the Nduja Fritta Tanto can randomly drop from candles/braziers to add 10 spicy seconds to your runs. Terrible pun, great item.

Excellent, mock lovely scams all the time

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Garlic evolution :popeye:

It's my time to shine.

e: Garlic evolves with Pummarola.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 22, 2022

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The two birds have an evolution now.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

:bubblewoop: posted:

From game patch 0.2.9, the Nduja Fritta Tanto can randomly drop from candles/braziers to add 10 spicy seconds to your runs. Terrible pun, great item.

Unlike real-life NFTs, this one actually delivers. Trash mobs vanish instantly and bosses die in 5 seconds.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Game keeps locking up on me now after the latest update. Especially sucks when you are 20 mins into a run. Think I'm going to put it down for a bit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

tithin posted:

The two birds have an evolution now.

What do they evolve with? It's fairly important if it's the same item for each of them, as you can have both Peachone and Ebony Wings at the same time (and it's hilarious).

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

They can evolve when you have both of them at the max level. They turn into a more powerful bird that shoots rainbows, you can then level that one up again. Also means at that point you can get another weapon since a slot frees up

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Im in favor of this kind of weapon evolution. I really want some more difficulty options though. The game's pretty much solved now, doesnt change that its still a chill 30 minutes for a podcast kind of game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vandalier is Strong :lovebird:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Trip report on Soul Eater (the evolved Garlic): it did just over 1k damage, which is 10 times as much as regular Garlic but half as much as Hellfire or Vesper and barely more than level 8 Lightning Ring. If you're damaged it will steal HP on kill, but that doesn't appear to be very effective. It thus falls off hard in the last few minutes of Library, although it's amazing on trash waves where you just munch everything in perpetuity.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The NFT is pretty fun.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Im in favor of this kind of weapon evolution. I really want some more difficulty options though. The game's pretty much solved now, doesnt change that its still a chill 30 minutes for a podcast kind of game.

Agree, a hyper++ mode would be cool. On the other hand, playing without any passive boosts (or even minimal) is still pretty difficult, especially the garden.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

withak posted:

The NFT is pretty fun.

The first good nft

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jedit posted:

Trip report on Soul Eater (the evolved Garlic): it did just over 1k damage, which is 10 times as much as regular Garlic but half as much as Hellfire or Vesper and barely more than level 8 Lightning Ring. If you're damaged it will steal HP on kill, but that doesn't appear to be very effective. It thus falls off hard in the last few minutes of Library, although it's amazing on trash waves where you just munch everything in perpetuity.

Soul Eater does seem pretty weak. I think it either needs a damage boost, a boost to its HP regen, or an even larger base range. As it stands it gets outclassed by the evolved bible pretty heavily.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
It doesn’t scale with anything. Bible gets buffed by projectiles, area, duration, cooldown, and damage, and bible‘s passive buffs runetracer, bones, water, birds, and bible itself (maybe some others too).
Garlic gets buffed by damage and area, and the passive buffs playing badly. Woo.

I will say that evolved bible/birds/garlic together is pretty funny

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

awesmoe posted:

It doesn’t scale with anything. Bible gets buffed by projectiles, area, duration, cooldown, and damage, and bible‘s passive buffs runetracer, bones, water, birds, and bible itself (maybe some others too).
Garlic gets buffed by damage and area, and the passive buffs playing badly. Woo.

Worse; Vespers gets buffed by its evolution item, but Soul Eater is actually made weaker by its evolution item because if you do need healing Pummarola is already providing some of it. In fact, Pummarola heals for way more than Soul Eater does.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Does Garlic not scale with cooldown reduction? I thought it did, since it doesn't provide a constant stream of damage but instead ticks every so often.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

JordanKai posted:

Does Garlic not scale with cooldown reduction? I thought it did, since it doesn't provide a constant stream of damage but instead ticks every so often.

“Ignores amount duration speed” okay so cooldown does affect it

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Soul Eater supposedly deals more damage while you are recovering hit points, but it didn't really feel that way to me. Which is a pity, because providing an incentive to take some actual damage would add a little tactical depth.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Why is the dedicated health regen evolution item worse at healing than Bloody Tear? :negative:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I cant believe this game was only £2.something, it was so much fun

I don't have patience for games that don't drop me right into the action anymore and this is one fires all the right neurons right away

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This is the spiritual successor to “I made a game with zombies in it!” that I didn’t know I needed.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I've got all the achievements and I'm not sure I want to grind gold to get all the unlocks. Great time, would spend $3 again.

I don't think I fought an actual vampire? Are all the survivors the real vampires?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I assumed that we joined our character after they survive the vampire, just as they realize that the vampire was only the prequalification stage and there are plenty more monsters to come.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the real vampire survivor was inside us all along

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Double birds casually getting 11 million damage in a run

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
pain.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU