Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Valdent posted:

Blue death can actually be killed on gallo tower now. Even dropped a chest. Thanks super lancet

Only the 25 minute crab one

the 30 minute blue death is still immune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I am still pretty early on but I'm trying to decide what to upgrade first. I know I can refund and that there is an optimal path (money-wise), but that doesn't really matter too much right now. What is the most bang for my coin, at the beginning? I figure the spinach and the duplicator... yeah?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Duplicator and spinach are definitely the biggest damage boosts, but don't sleep on max HP and especially the passive regen- it's minor, but having to rely entirely on floor chicken is pretty rough

Steelion fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 25, 2022

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Chinook posted:

I am still pretty early on but I'm trying to decide what to upgrade first. I know I can refund and that there is an optimal path (money-wise), but that doesn't really matter too much right now. What is the most bang for my coin, at the beginning? I figure the spinach and the duplicator... yeah?

Take greed first for yet more money that you can then spend more efficiently on everything else. Extreme long-term planning, but it pays (heh) off.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Valdent posted:

Blue death can actually be killed on gallo tower now. Even dropped a chest. Thanks super lancet

The minute 25 Drowner (as well as the one at 20 minutes in the Bone Zone) could always be killed, if you had Gorgeous Moon or a Rosary, just like Stalker (the Green Death that appears sometimes in the Dairy Factory and the Bone Zone). In fact, the rewards are the same, that being a chest that, if you get a 3 or 5-item chest, can evolve up to three weapons at once rather than one at a time, as well as a chance to unlock Toastie if you've already unlocked Exdash.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I just really like the new “Out of Bounds” arcana. Even if I don’t want to mess with upgrading the Lancet it’s fun watching it delete groups of enemies, and turning the watches into bombs is really helpful.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love how every patch it feels like people are talking about a completely different game

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yea I was super confused at the posting until I got into the newest patch.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I like how white death doesn't have a face and just goes for pure creepypasta.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I haven't played in two patches, what the gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't even seen white death yet but holy forbidden was very spoopy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The saddest thing is going to be when they finally enter full release and there are no more delightful biweekly updates of random nonsense. That said still basically the best $3 I've ever spent.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
HELP

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wait just how?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

can anyone tell me how to unlock toastie. i play with a gamepad so i assume i have to really quickly put it down to tap down + enter

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Beasteh posted:

can anyone tell me how to unlock toastie. i play with a gamepad so i assume i have to really quickly put it down to tap down + enter

Use Steam controller settings to map one of your buttons to down+enter 👍

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Annointed posted:

Wait just how?

A combination of Awake arcana (3 revives and get stat boosts every time you revive, I had 6 revives total with the powerup one and tirgasu's 2) + new laurel evolution + whip evolution meant that I could only take 10 damage per hit, further reduced by the armour I got from my revives. After using my last revive I left the game to run for 30 more minutes, with multiple deaths unable to do enough damage to outpace my healing. Fortunately, I found out you still get any unlockables you were eligible for if you quit.

Sorry, got gifted the game a week or so ago, so I don't know what's considered a spoiler or not yet =P

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
How long does it take to kill Death? I had him locked up in the Bone Zone for 5 minutes until I couldn't handle all 6 adds. It was easy keeping him frozen, but even not picking up or choosing anything that increases enemy hp and intentionally keeping my character level low, I got nothing. I've seen in some guides that you want to do it before the second one shows up, implying that it can take less than a minute, so is it only possible on some stages?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

BrianRx posted:

How long does it take to kill Death? I had him locked up in the Bone Zone for 5 minutes until I couldn't handle all 6 adds. It was easy keeping him frozen, but even not picking up or choosing anything that increases enemy hp and intentionally keeping my character level low, I got nothing. I've seen in some guides that you want to do it before the second one shows up, implying that it can take less than a minute, so is it only possible on some stages?

The old level 2 clerici method takes around 2-3 minutes to score the actual kill after waiting out 30 minutes to see if the rng fucks you. The new method with evolved laurel and evolved clock lancet can take less than a minute with a strong build. For best results use a character with a cooldown bonus. No need to get fancy with keeping enemy levels and curse down, at most you're going to add a few seconds waiting for another hp halving from the lancet.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 26, 2022

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BrianRx posted:

It's extremely quick if you get the evolved clock lancet. Like you can easily kill it before a second one spawns.

Killing it normally takes forever unless you use one of those annoying low-level strats, since its health is your level x 655k.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The leda method was pretty good

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Pumpkinreaper posted:

A combination of Awake arcana (3 revives and get stat boosts every time you revive, I had 6 revives total with the powerup one and tirgasu's 2) + new laurel evolution + whip evolution meant that I could only take 10 damage per hit, further reduced by the armour I got from my revives. After using my last revive I left the game to run for 30 more minutes, with multiple deaths unable to do enough damage to outpace my healing. Fortunately, I found out you still get any unlockables you were eligible for if you quit.

Sorry, got gifted the game a week or so ago, so I don't know what's considered a spoiler or not yet =P

Yeah it turns out that evolved laurel without evolved lancet can get you into a stalemate against Red Death. Here's what I ended up with on Il Molise (where Death turns up at 15 minutes)

This is by no means optimal but at time of writing I'm at 42 minutes and still haven't used any revives. Might leave it running while I'm at work this afternoon and see if my computer melts.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I havent played for like 2 weeks, are there any new cheese methods to kill death then? I still havent unlocked the red reaper. I have Toastie/Leda though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Not cheese methods, this is now a legit method. There's a new arcana that does damage when an enemy is frozen, and the evolved Clock Lancet halves an enemy's health which makes a legit kill much more possible.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ah that sounds good, so this would be best with a character with increased cooldown stats?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

With the best build I've found you don't even need that, I think the same arcana gives the wand a freezing chance and with that you're grabbing CDR anyway. So that will have Lancet going off about every 10-15 seconds while you can just focus on DPSing the poo poo out of death.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Party Boat posted:

Might leave it running while I'm at work this afternoon and see if my computer melts.

Checking in and it looks like after a certain point extra Deaths don't really do anything because they just get in each others way. I guess the only way this ends is if one of the Deaths eventually dies.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Checking in and it looks like after a certain point extra Deaths don't really do anything because they just get in each others way. I guess the only way this ends is if one of the Deaths eventually dies.

It doesn't stop if you just kill one... You have to take them all out.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

They've changed it so that after you kill one red death a white robed death shows up and kills you

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

That has not been my experience. I was piling up red death bodies in the new 15-minute level.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Breadallelogram posted:

That has not been my experience. I was piling up red death bodies in the new 15-minute level.

No, it's definitely just one dead death that sets it off. I've consistently killed one Death shortly after the second one spawns, and the other death dies at the same time despite only having taken one or two blasts of the Infinite Corridor (and thus still having millions upon millions of health). Were you using Infinite Corridor? It's the only way to kill death in under, like, ten-fifteen hours, and it pretty much always takes out death in about forty-five to ninety seconds, depending on the rest of your build.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

What's the best way to farm a bunch of gold? I'm thinking of either farming or editing my save. I've already got all the unlocks and just need to unlock a few characters so this would be for golden egg buying.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCZTYZe_XAU

thats a nice guide on goldfarming if you're in the endgame.

I'm at the point where sometimes my last HDD to be replaced with an SSD wakes up to do something, makes some noise, and I think 'aw yeah baby blast those bibles". It's eerily close to the game SFX.

e;

Qwezz fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 27, 2022

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Any suggestions for good farming when you’re not in the endgame? Like, maybe around the point where you can’t finish the Dairy Plant? :)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Chinook posted:

Any suggestions for good farming when you’re not in the endgame? Like, maybe around the point where you can’t finish the Dairy Plant? :)

The library for sure. I usually would run left for an early cooldown book, get all of them (there are 3 to the left), then run back to the right and get the mask item (+gold) as an extra after I already filled my passive items. Get clover for extra gold and farm to 30, destroying a million candles for gold sacks along the way.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

No, it's definitely just one dead death that sets it off. I've consistently killed one Death shortly after the second one spawns, and the other death dies at the same time despite only having taken one or two blasts of the Infinite Corridor (and thus still having millions upon millions of health). Were you using Infinite Corridor? It's the only way to kill death in under, like, ten-fifteen hours, and it pretty much always takes out death in about forty-five to ninety seconds, depending on the rest of your build.

This is the run I'm thinking of

Breadallelogram posted:

You can do some crazy poo poo with the new items and level. The reapers start showing up at 15:00. Look how long I lasted against them, with 3 active items.

I had nothing but red deaths on the screen and my kill count would go up occasionally. I could survive hits from red death but wasn't doing enough damage to kill them before more would spawn. Eventually I just started moving around so they'd kill me and end the run.

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

Chinook posted:

Go for the arrow on the dairy plant to unlock the compass if you haven't already. Then do stage 1 Mad Forest, take pentagram asap and go for the question mark / coffin, defeat the guards (pentagram works on them), walk over the coffin, unlock BayonettaPugnala, you're halfway there. living on a prayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK3OoV5F1Y4

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks for the advice all.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

This is the run I'm thinking of

I had nothing but red deaths on the screen and my kill count would go up occasionally. I could survive hits from red death but wasn't doing enough damage to kill them before more would spawn. Eventually I just started moving around so they'd kill me and end the run.

At level 83, each Death would have about 54,400,000 hp. Your total damage for the entire round was less than 20 million. So unless you did some sort of low-level strat, you literally didn't do enough damage to get a single death to even half health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I must be misremembering something then, unless there's something else that would cause the kill count to increase.