Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Cowman posted:

What's the best way to farm a bunch of gold? I'm thinking of either farming or editing my save. I've already got all the unlocks and just need to unlock a few characters so this would be for golden egg buying.

Don't farm and definitely don't save edit just to buy golden eggs. The dev has explicitly stated they're just a small extra thing for people who want to keep playing even after exhausting the new content, they will NOT be necessary for future stuff. If you check the subreddit (admittedly a terrible idea even on the best of days) you can see a bunch of posts of people who grinded or save edited a ton of eggs and now their favorite characters are ruined because there's no way to take that back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Well rip to them. I can't think of a game that needs cheating less than VS. The entire point of the game is you become an untouchable death machine less than halfway through a run, who is out here trying to grind and hack through that. Absolute degenerate behavior.

e: The tone of this post is flabbergasted and incredulous, not hostile.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It does however demonstrate there should be a way to play without golden egg bonuses because you can easily end up with 100 or more which changes things drastically for that character.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah just add it to a toggle at the map screen or whatever. I imagine something like this will happen sooner rather than later anyway.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

New character has some nice synchronized dagger flying

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I spent my gold reserves buying eggs for Leda because go big or go home

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Whats a good character for the special stage after killing the boss in Moonglow? I had Krochi and got destroyed trying to get through it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Whats a good character for the special stage after killing the boss in Moonglow? I had Krochi and got destroyed trying to get through it.

I had a super easy time with... crap, I can't remember his name. Starts with daggers and + projectile guy

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

FrickenMoron posted:

I used Poe since garlic hits all around. You do need to pause for a second from time to time to let it kill the candles for chicken.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Just refund curse and walk through it.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I noticed there's a black tome or something in the upper part of the tower outside the boundaries of the floor. I don't want to spoil it just yet, but is it useful and is the way to grab it something I might figure out, or does it have weird requirements you have to read about?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

RBX posted:

Just refund curse and walk through it.

Wait its affected by curse? Yeah that might be a good idea.
But I also just redid the stage with Leda to get to that area again and the boss didnt spawn, instead I got 3 seperate bosses that dropped golden eggs... Mysterious.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

BrianRx posted:

I noticed there's a black tome or something in the upper part of the tower outside the boundaries of the floor. I don't want to spoil it just yet, but is it useful and is the way to grab it something I might figure out, or does it have weird requirements you have to read about?

If it's what I'm thinking of it is useful, and if you keep your eyes peeled you'll get there

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

FrickenMoron posted:

Wait its affected by curse? Yeah that might be a good idea.
But I also just redid the stage with Leda to get to that area again and the boss didnt spawn, instead I got 3 seperate bosses that dropped golden eggs... Mysterious.

Secret characters can't access the stage. Also, you could try using Pugnalo, since he has a built-in speed buff and his guns are pretty good at breaking light sources, so you get more floor chicken. It's how I got through.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I did it with Concetta since the level design and how the light sources are laid out are both very linear. So if you stutter step correctly to launch pinions the direction you want, they'll generally clear out an entire area since everything's low health.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a positive to curse btw? I haven't messed with it yet

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

RBA Starblade posted:

More enemies means more XP crystals to hoover up.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

more enemies = more xp

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

tbh unless you're going for something like evolved guns + evolved birds + evolved lancet + evolved laurel you'll probably be done with your build by like 15-20 minutes in even without curse anyways so it's more like a choose-your-own-challenge modifier in my opinion.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Even fullbuild, more gold (or more chickens) rarely hurts.

That said, curse isn't a linear increase or decrease in difficulty. Rather, it's an overall increase in exp combined with particular breakpoints based on weapon selection/upgrades/map/wave that make particular safe strats no longer safe as your AoE no longer kills poo poo faster than it spawns--this is mostly visible in early garlic going completely to poo poo after a few curse upgrades, but can also come up with song's reliance on the curse accessory to upgrade, especially with the song/lancet/laurel combo in the tower.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
More enemies is more fun. Everything else is irrelevant, imo :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

higher difficulty means higher honor

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So here's something fun:

With just evolved whip and evolved laurel, the 3 revives arcana and tiragisu, death can't kill you anymore. 140 minutes of letting this run while I played other video games.

How long does it take to defeat death?

e: gently caress it, I can move and not die. I'm getting the second ring unless death stops me. I know I can't upgrade it any further, but it's the spirit of it, dammit.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
In the milk plant or tower, time up doesn't even prevent upgrading, you can still trigger traps which still drop exp.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

thecluckmeme posted:

So here's something fun:

With just evolved whip and evolved laurel, the 3 revives arcana and tiragisu, death can't kill you anymore. 140 minutes of letting this run while I played other video games.

e: gently caress it, I can move and not die. I'm getting the second ring unless death stops me. I know I can't upgrade it any further, but it's the spirit of it, dammit.

Death's HP is equal to about 655,000 times your level at the time it spawns. So, your level is 122 in the screenshot, so a Death spawning at that moment has about 80 million HP. Figure out your DPS and it'll tell you how many hours it takes to kill death. Generally, people taking out Death that way end up taking around ten hours, according to posts on Reddit, if you want a benchmark.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Death's HP is equal to about 655,000 times your level at the time it spawns. So, your level is 122 in the screenshot, so a Death spawning at that moment has about 80 million HP. Figure out your DPS and it'll tell you how many hours it takes to kill death. Generally, people taking out Death that way end up taking around ten hours, according to posts on Reddit, if you want a benchmark.

I'll just go for the opposite build where I kill him quickly instead of over 10 hours with the other upgrade.

I did get the second ring and kept it going for a full marvel length movie's timerun, but i wish you could just let this game run in the background with the timer still ticking. Whenever I alt-tab out it hard stops it all, give me an option to idle this fucker

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

thecluckmeme posted:

I'll just go for the opposite build where I kill him quickly instead of over 10 hours with the other upgrade.

I did get the second ring and kept it going for a full marvel length movie's timerun, but i wish you could just let this game run in the background with the timer still ticking. Whenever I alt-tab out it hard stops it all, give me an option to idle this fucker

Windowed mode will keep going even if it's not in focus

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I bought this game. I don't miss my family.

Oxxidation posted:

me: kills a bat
me: gets a gem
me: i'd like to do this forever for some reason

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You just move around while the computer kills bats. This is what we’re want to keep doing forever.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think this game needs a panic button ability for when you're about to get overwhelmed, not because the game is too hard but because I caught myself reaching for one and then realizing it doesn't exist. Like a giant meteor falls on your location, kills everything and heals you to full, but you only get one cast per game and that's it. Let me summon the meteor, Poncle. Give it a punny name in Italian. Or I don't know, it doesn't have to be a meteor, it could be the pentacle effect. That'd make a lot of sense! Naturally, picking the pentacle on a level up would turn the panic button into a gorgeous moon proc (minus the windup).

I honestly wish the dev had released some of this extra content as DLC I could give him money for. He could have sold the bonus and challenge maps, a handful of the unlockable characters, and the arcana system all as a separate bundle for 2 or 3 more dollars and it would have been more than fair.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

You might panic, I reach for my Rosary and pray. We're just built different I guess.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just lol if you use rosaries instead of pentagrams

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I just eat the floor chicken

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

So here's something fun:

Be careful if you actually decide to mess around with this and actually try to kill death the slow way. Each death will drop an egg, and... you have no idea what that egg is gonna do to your guy. Whoever you use might end up in a terrible space.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I put this game aside when Elden Ring came out and just picked it back up. It's like a whole new game. Last time I played there were 2 levels, no arcanas and the last character I unlocked was the skeleton. I really like the panda with the fire crackers.

What are the most useful arcanas to unlock? Need to get on getting hyper mode unlocked on all the new levels.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I put this game aside when Elden Ring came out and just picked it back up. It's like a whole new game. Last time I played there were 2 levels, no arcanas and the last character I unlocked was the skeleton. I really like the panda with the fire crackers.

What are the most useful arcanas to unlock? Need to get on getting hyper mode unlocked on all the new levels.

It really depend on what build you want to play with, but VII (Iron Blue Will) and XI (Waltz of Pearls) are very general good ones since they make projectiles bounce (VII is for Axes and Knives, XI is for Magic Wand and Hellfire) and are unlockable with characters you already have for sure.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just completed The Bone Zone. It's a good thing I tried it out after unlocking evolved Laurel :shepface:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How do you evolve Laurel and Lancet? I've heard people mention items, but those items don't seem to exist in my game and I'm 100% on achievements.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

You need to have the item that allows you to see 'hidden' items on the map, that's the gold and silver rings and the red left and right facing pieces spread in all directions

You need to pick up all 4 pieces and level them to 9 (two of them give bonuses but the other two only increase enemy speed hp and damage so level those last)

Once you've evolved laurel and lancet congrats you are become more powerful than God and you can smack down red death and survive past 31 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Beasteh posted:

You need to have the item that allows you to see 'hidden' items on the map

... there is no such item in my game.