Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
talk about target

i think it funny that in lots of places theres way more targets than there is walmarts

like for example ITT where i live there is three (3) targets within 3 (three) miles. they are all on the same road. 1 mile apart on the same road. im not kidding and then there's also like 4 or 5 others within 5 miles... i'm serious!!!! theres only two walmarts and theres actually 7 targets

anyway i guess post deals too cause they do got em sometimes

they had the LEGO Seinfeld set on sale for 57 bucks

that's a good deal, jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Yaldabaoth posted:

Wal-Mart is a layer of Hell but all Target stores are designed like an alien, liminal space that makes you doubt reality is actually real.

of the 3 targets on the same road.. it's like okay get tthis... now it gets tricky

one of them... when u go up to it... u ENTER on the RIGHT and EXIT on the LEFT... and the groceries? are back and right. beef on it, pallio

so then but okay the next one... down the street anyway u enter on the LEFT and exit on RIGHT and the grociers are in the opposite corner.

i really can't see any way this isn't purposeful. this is on purpose

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
also my ex and their highschool best friend were the first people i heard call it "tar-zhay" this was in like 1999 i think there's a good chance they started it. i'm so sorry

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
that oesn't sound very plausible to me. youre suggesting that target knows people are stealing, keeps records of them havng stoled, and waits until the records show they stole enough, and then... calls the cops...?

like... they'd have to employ a bunch of people at every stage of that... people to have eyes on all that data

im pretty sure thats an urban legend... or maybe for people who steal TVs? but like... i just really doubt the whole mechanism proposed here... i think they would just call the cops when they see u stealing or not... it seems like way too much work and employees to do anything complex like that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pug Rodeo posted:

If I don’t go to Target how will I expand my comic book character graphic tee collection?

they have good t shrts too tho i gotta purple rain anna wu-tang shirt there

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

i don’t shoplift anymore but my thing that I do frequently is get really high end produce and then enter it as the shittiest possible version of that produce, like I get fancy organic heirloom carrots and enter them as lovely regular carrots, or I get Asian pears and enter them as regular pears. never been questioned and if anyone ever does i’ll just be like hurr sorry i thought it was a different pear. What are they going to do, kill me

the perfect crime...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
its true, target shopper are more attractive on average than walmart shopper

after all i shop there

:grin:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

it’s definitely not standard practice but there have been cases of targets and Walmarts that build a case on a shoplifter until they accumulate a certain cash value and then drop the hammer. This only happens if you’re stealing an absurd amount of stuff though I’m sure

right like i don't doubt they do this for people stealing high dollar stuff repeatedly... like TVs or laptops...

im just saying for lierally everything else it would just cost them more money to do all this...

there are ppl who go around stealing literally dozens of TVs in a holiday season... itt those are the only ppl who should be worried about it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
as soon as these weed gummies wear off i need to go buy an RF cable...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i could walk but it's like 1 degree outside with the wind chill :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Big K of Justice posted:

They track data and all transactions. They only go digging when things get weird in reporting like the guy who racked up felony charges for doing UPC swaps for lego.

Imagine being the VP of loving SAP the tech/payroll company in the bay area and then get busted for stealing legos via UPC swaps to sell on ebay...

https://www.slashgear.com/sap-vp-arrested-over-lego-scam-at-target-23229502/

lmao drat. that seems like an extremely lot of trouble to go through to make that much money. like... literally any other crime would pay better

i'm eating some of target brand pork buns and they actually kind of own