Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

mysterious frankie posted:

GOON: Alright, so, it’s your second night on the job. Heard you had a rough first night.
TRAINEE: Oof, yeah. Boss sent me out on a job without any training whatsoever. Batman showed up while we were robbing the bank. He foiled the crime and beat the poo poo out of everyone. I’m lucky I saw him slipping through the skylight ahead of time. I hauled rear end out of there before he could catch me.
G: oof…
T: What?
G: Listen, you know how you saw The Batman coming?
T: Yeah?
G: No, you didn’t.
T: Huh?
G: From now on, no you didn’t.
T: I still don’t get it.
G: You said you got rushed right out into a job and you were the only one who made it out?
T: Riiight?
G: So your confusion makes sense. None of the other goons had time to tell you. So I’m telling you now. From now on, act like Batman isn’t there when he’s sneaking up on you.
T: That… makes no sense.
G: It does. Trust me. Here. *hands trainee a packet* Fill that out and mail it. It’s SASE, so you don’t need a stamp.
T: *squints and reads* Wait… this is a WayneTech application?
G: Yeah, try to get that in asap. You don’t want to be working too much before your benefits kick in.
T: So… the boss works for WayneTech? Is he… Bruce Wayne?
G: No, we do. And Batman is Bruce Wayne.
T: …bull!
G: It’s true, man *waves to passing goon* Hey, tell the new guy who Batman is!
GOON2: Bruce Wayne! Wild, right?
G: Yeah, thanks Barry! *resumes speaking to the trainee* See? I told ya.
T: …and everybody knows?
G: The villains don’t, but every goon working in the city does. Well, except the real screwed up ones. Dollotrons are NOT on the payroll, for example. But most underlings who can speak in complete sentences probably are. How’d you come to find out we were looking to bring new guys on?
T: Somebody down at the bar mentioned it.
G: You and them go way back?
T: No. He just started coming in a few weeks ago.
G: Did he say he worked with our outfit? Have you seen him around the hideout?
T: No…
G: That was a representative for WayneTech. You were headhunted. This whole thing… think of it like a job service for- no offense- scumbags and losers.
T: …
G: You’re sort of like a babysitter who gets a lot of hazard pay because you’re babysitting a lion.
T: You mean the boss?
G: Yeah. Them and Batman.
T: Batman?
G: Yeah, you know. Bruce Wayne? The guy who owns WayneTech? See, it turns out Wayne is a real nut. Likes to go out and personally fight crime. Something about how his parents died drives him to do it; you’d think a guy that rich could afford therapy, but maybe when you’re wealthy enough to dress in bat-themed body armor and fly a stealth jet through Gotham airspace without fearing repercussions you’re sort of beyond the realm of people who have to deal with their problems in a healthy fashion. WayneTech top brass and a few investors know about it, know they can’t shift him from his place without hurting stock value. Also, guy’s got a tank and is crazy. You ever try mustering up the courage to tell a guy with a tank and a proven track record of using it bad news?
T: N-no?
G: Well, you will: the boss has one with a giant replica of his face on the front. The eyes spray mustard gas. It’s friggin terrifying. Anyway, they start researching options and come across a startling fact. Not only is Batman secretly a rich twerp; most of the crime bosses in the city are rich twerps, or they were driven insane and/or mutated while working for rich twerps. Almost all Creative Criminality in this city turns out to start mainly at the economic top and sprinkle down like so much loose crap from a leaky private airplane toilet to the bottom. Go figure. WayneTech starts reaching out to the companies and families these rich twerps are from, find out they all have a shared interest; keeping the twerps busy and satisfied so that the money keeps flowing smooth and easy, same as ever. The come up with a scheme. That’s where we come in.
T: We do?
G: We do. Everyone agreed they can’t stop their rich twerp scions, geniuses, figureheads, and failed science experiments from playing cops and robbers without risking exposure. Easier to let them play, but with us backing them. Employees paid to “work” for the crime bosses, but not do too good a job actually committing crimes, and take a sacrificial beating whenever King Rich Twerp shows up. WayneTech runs the whole thing like a clandestine division of the company, sending plainclothes guys out to the various crapholes of this city to find- again, no offense- suitable dirtbag replacements whenever another yuppie goes rogue, or one of the current ones starts running low on goons.
T: Run low? Because they di…
G: What? No. Nah. Well, I mean, sometimes. Usually when they do it’s down to incompetence on the goons’ part. Please don’t die, by the way, because I hate having to watch that workplace safety video. Usually they start looking to hire because a goon gets another job, or they decide they can’t keep getting beaten up night after night. The pay and benefits are actually pretty good. No surprise here, the healthcare is maybe the best in the state. This is actually a cherry gig if you can stand working for homicidal fruitcakes.
T: …huh
G: Lot to take in, right?
T: …yeah.
G: Yeah. Anyway, just get the packet filled out and mailed to WayneTech and try not to think about it for now. Their HR will go over all of this and more once they’ve processed it, and they do a better job than my prattlin’ rear end. Just concentrate of getting those asteroid themed guns filled with, ugh, Meteor Missiles for tonight’s heist.
T: ok. Alright.
G: Super, and tonight remember; if you see Batman?
T: …n-no I didn’t?
G: attaboy, you’re gonna do great!

Ur sayin Bruce Wayne...... is The Bat?

R U fuckin' kiddin' me??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

redshirt posted:

R U fuckin' kiddin' me??

Oh you stupid putzes are on this bit again, are you?

Look, I've SEEN Bruce Wayne. Heard him talk. Guy's nothing. Empty suit. His parents getting killed didn't make him The Bat, it made him some hollow gently caress who just does nothing but screw around. He ain't some brilliant supergenius, he's a loving failson who's still too big dicked to go tell someone he misses mommy and daddy. One day it will come out he died choking himself while jerking off like that David Carrid guy, and Batman will still be running around that night, and then what story are you going to tell?

(Out of thread gimmick aside, that long post from Frankie reminded me of a friend who once posited something similar for G.I Joe and Cobra, that G.I Joe wasn't an elite strike force with all sorts of special 'toys' (ie specialized tanks and planes and fancy future vehicles and so on), but actually all of the richest people's failsons and whatnot who wanted to play hero but would just gently caress everything up, so they basically made up Cobra and G.I Joe as a literal gigantic war game to keep them entertained and out of the world's hair, hence why no one ever died and the fight 'never ended' no matter how many times Cobra's schemes were thwarted)

naem
May 29, 2011

what kinda 401k match does dis cobra offah

are youse vested like or do ya gotta put some years in

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm from Boston and I've got to tell you something, Gotham...

Keep your loving pets out of our yards!

About 10 times a year the Batman or one of his villains rolls into city and makes trouble. We don't want that. We got a nice little town here run by the mob. We don't need the Batman running in here and taking down the mob, leaving all the crazies and cults to pick up the 'secret rulers of the city' baton from them!

Seriously, stay the gently caress out of Boston.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is there hr in this gang? One of the other guys was screaming rape threats at bat girl, and I don't think I want to encourage that kind of hostile work environment with my silence.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm from Boston and I've got to tell you something, Gotham...

Keep your loving pets out of our yards!

About 10 times a year the Batman or one of his villains rolls into city and makes trouble. We don't want that. We got a nice little town here run by the mob. We don't need the Batman running in here and taking down the mob, leaving all the crazies and cults to pick up the 'secret rulers of the city' baton from them!

Seriously, stay the gently caress out of Boston.

Ah come on that's like a holiday for us. The villains rarely bring their goons (do they hire local?) so if your full time gooning it just a relaxing paid for break. If your gooning for a villain who makes you do paper work fantastic time to catch up on that.

naem
May 29, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Is there hr in this gang? One of the other guys was screaming rape threats at bat girl, and I don't think I want to encourage that kind of hostile work environment with my silence.

no no it’s in the contract, it’s all scripted.

in fact our last HR complaint was from the first guy we asked to yell the threats, made him feel SUPER uncomfortable. Poor guy claims he got PTSD

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Who the gently caress supplies all the vintage tommyguns anyways?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tommyguns? All dey gave me wuz dis baseball bat. First day I walk in and everyone starts cryin' out "it's da bat!" Made me feel real good.

Felt like a real dummy when I woke up in da hospital da next morning.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
duh gee bwoss how many deez barrels we gotta move?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Since I been drivin my Cherry Pickah around I been noticin' all the inefficiencies in da system. Like I see Riddler thugs hanging from a building but I ain't suppose to pick em up, we ain't got a deal. But there I am just idlin, watching that guy dangle, when I could be helpin.

Same for medic calls. Sure Joker's got a good medic staff, but I saw one of his thugs bleed out cuz he was on the wrong side of town, in Bane territory, and the Joker medics couldn't make it in time, alls da while Bane medics are playing pinball in da lair, 3 minutes away.

We henchmen should form a collective response team that could respond just to our needs, regardless of Boss.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

redshirt posted:

R U fuckin' kiddin' me??

It’s the truth, man. And the boss? He’s this day trader whose dad owns Newton Advanced Analytics. He was in over his head with his career and didn’t want to go crawling back to daddy to admit he couldn't hack it in the real world, so one night he broke into the NAA R&D lab and tried plugging into the neural interface of this shelved experimental stock analysis AI. Drove him nuts, now he’s the Black Market Maker. He has no clue his dad’s sunk a mint into WayneTech’s little scheme and is basically bankrolling this whole operation. None of them ever wonder why we work for scale. It’s like… do they not think about it now because they’re crazy, or were they always like this?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Not to bring up a difficult topic or nothin, but do youse guys thinks the Joker is like... into Batman? I gots no problem with it but I'd like to know if we's is part of some weird romance thing.

I usedta work for Catwoman, see, and this one time she got the Bat all tied up and was whipping him and, I dunno, seemed like the Bat was maybe into it. Made me pretty uncomfortable.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Not to bring up a difficult topic or nothin, but do youse guys thinks the Joker is like... into Batman? I gots no problem with it but I'd like to know if we's is part of some weird romance thing.

I usedta work for Catwoman, see, and this one time she got the Bat all tied up and was whipping him and, I dunno, seemed like the Bat was maybe into it. Made me pretty uncomfortable.

What, are you just figuring it out now? It's all a weird rich person sex thing, they're ALL into it, it's one of them S&M things I heard about. All our bosses like dressin' up in showy fetish getups and committing big elaborate exhibitionist crimes so that the buff guy in a black rubber codpiece can beat them to a pulp and tell them they've been a bad boy. It's an Eyes Wide Shut deal.

Back when I was workin' for Riddler, there was a time that da Bat really laid into him after he tried knocking over Gotham First National, like really worked him over, he even spat on him when he was done, you could see the boss had the biggest hard-on under the green spandex. And after Bats left, but before the cops arrived to pick him up, I swear to God Riddler just started jerkin' off, like right then and there. I was lying in a crumpled heap a few yards away after gettin' hit with a Batarang, and it was the weirdest fuckin' thing hearing him just whisper to himself "riddle me this, riddle me this," over and over, eugh.

After that joined up with Mr Freeze's crew. Sure I had to learn how to ice skate, but at least he ain't no pervert, guy lives in a perpetual cold shower.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

naem posted:

what kinda 401k match does dis cobra offah

are youse vested like or do ya gotta put some years in
Theoretically there's a lead-in for company matching but it's one of them full body suit & face helmet deals so slip a 50 to Marie in accounting and she'll backdate your start date as an "unpaid internship".

Speaking of body suits I used to work for the foot clan. International union, good benefits, pretty sweet. Then we show up one day and we've all been replaced with robots. Literal robots in purple pyjamas. Bastards.

Jokes on them though, I'd signed out half the dimensional coils for degaussing the night before. Oh no my swipe doesn't work, better turn around and head home with my truck full of severance packages lol.

ikanreed posted:

Who the gently caress supplies all the vintage tommyguns anyways?
Me. I've only got a three/four dozen but they're mainly for rentals and when I do sell they always seem to find their way back.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 15, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A Fancy Hat posted:

hey cant blame em you knows cuz they say cats got 9 lives but she's a 10 outta 10 you know what im saying

she scratched my face once. Kinda liked it

Anyway the Jokes got real mad cuz the papers printed he made a boner. I said everyone makes mistakes and The Jokes said "whose talking about mistakes". I offered to beat up the newspaper man whose wrote it to change the subject but he waved me off

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hey, guys, this is embarrassing but I’ve been getting more and more worried lately. I think the last Bat knockout blow to my head might have really messed something up in my brain or something… but…

What YEAR is it? I can’t figure out when we live? We all gots Tommy guns and drive Packard Station Wagons, but then some of us got jet packs and lasers and ice beams? And nobody knows what a cell phone is, but then, they says Batman has some kind of supercomputer that he can talk to and solve crimes with? I feel like I’m losing my mind here.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

poisonpill posted:

Hey, guys, this is embarrassing but I’ve been getting more and more worried lately. I think the last Bat knockout blow to my head might have really messed something up in my brain or something… but…

What YEAR is it? I can’t figure out when we live? We all gots Tommy guns and drive Packard Station Wagons, but then some of us got jet packs and lasers and ice beams? And nobody knows what a cell phone is, but then, they says Batman has some kind of supercomputer that he can talk to and solve crimes with? I feel like I’m losing my mind here.

Oh man, this is gonna sound weird, but…do you have memories of us sometimes… stopping a fight to dance with Batman? I can’t recall a time when I’ve actually done it, and it makes no sense, but I dunno… I feel like it’s happened. A lot. Can’t say when though. It’s the weirdest thing, and my brain refuses to let it drop. My wife shook me awake a couple months ago because I kept screaming “Batusi”. You’re not the only one who feels like they’re losing it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Course we got a cell phone, one of the riddler henches rigged it up with some wire offa costume last time we wuz in lockup.

Just keep it down when yuze calling out, dont wanna have the pigs find it

naem
May 29, 2011

poisonpill posted:

its da 19’40’70’90’s everyone knows dat

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hey uh, im filling out the customs forms so we's can get our new outfits at the docks and are we's wearin' uniforms or disguises or costumes, cuz theyre all different codes

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

depends on the outfit. if you gotta wear a mask then it's a disguise. if you're dressed as something you're not, like a baker or a bird or something, it's a costume. if you're dressed as a thug and all the other thugs are dressed the same, it's a uniform. if you're dressed as a thug and all the other thugs are dressed as thugs but they're dressed differently, it's casual wear

if it's a uniform or a costume and it has a mask, you gotta check both boxes. covid got a lot of cbp heat put on the bosses

The Voice of Labor fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 16, 2024

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Joker went nuts (more than usual) when reading a Fox News article online about how horrible and violent Gotham City is.

It wasn't the article, per se, but the comments section full of people going, "Well, I've lived in Gotham for years, and this article is just fear mongering. We've never been held hostage by a costumed criminal," and "No one is leaving Gotham because of crime," and "Batman is a terrorist."

Joker was pissed. He felt like he was doing all this 'great work' in the city, and people didn't actually fear and respect his craft and were giving Batman all the credit.

That night the Joker killed like 20 cops and blew up an office building. You know what happened when he read the comments section?

"Dead cops AND I get to work remotely for the next year? The Joker is a hero in my books!"

Joker was just wondering if someone was playing a joke on him.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

*record scratch*

Yeah, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

And how you can get into this situation too, amiright?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dere's a lady Bats now?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

All I's sayin', for too long da struggle for gender equality has been polarizin', as unnecessary divisions an' fears, an' p'raps most damagingly, been viewed as solely da responsibility of da unda'class to react in opposition to their circumstances. Now le's quit yappin' an' start movin' dis clown gas! I don' wanna be out here all night!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Guys, I've been thinkin' about this too long, and I dunno if the Bat broke something in my head or I just saw somethin' I woulda been better off not seeing...

Okay, the Joker, you know his bit right? The one bad day thing. Life has no meaning because nothing matters and all it takes is one bad day to turn a man into a nutcase, so you have to laugh and treat all life as a joke, blah blah, and you hear bits and pieces that Joker says that because it happened to him, he was just some schmo and then he had one bad day and he became Mr. Clowngas.

But, see, there was a time when he got a bunch of make clowngas stuff chemicals, but he decided to then gently caress off with Harley or his daughter or someone and told us, okay boys, YOU make the clown gas! Now we're all making GBS threads ourselves, because this is the boss' thing, he got the chemicals, we don't have a loving clue how to make loving clown gas or ANYTHING. But we basically decide we're probably better if we try and fail rather than run away or don't try, so we do. Didn't work. We made a bunch of mess, Hooper burned the poo poo outta his lungs and still wheezes, and the best we got was some punk named Popper made something that smelled real bad, like, farts on steroids bad. And like after ten hours of trying Joker shows back up.

What's he do? He asks what we're doing. We tell him. Joker looks sour, then he complains about the smell, then someone said it was Popper's fault, and Joker decided that was completely hilarious and laughed for like two minutes. I think he said something like it should have been Pooper instead of Popper. Maybe that saved us, I dunno, but he told us to go get some trucks and stuff and he'd handle the clown gas. So we clear out and go get some trucks ASAP to make up for all our fuckups, get back in less than an hour...

Boss has a fresh new supply of clown gas. He took all our mistakes and waste and he MIXED IT UP INTO CLOWN GAS ANYWAY. Like, I dunno if he had some second secret stash of stuff that he pulled out while we were gone to trick us but even if he did he mixed up the stuff he needed in like, an hour, and it sure as hell LOOKED like he'd used all our fuckups.

But that is not the scary part. Because the night after that was that time five months ago when Supes was in Gotham with Bats. They do teamups sometimes, you know, world's fine guys or what? I mean, the Bat is bad enough, but the cape? You just stand there and give up, because you could MAYBE escape Bats or get in a lucky shot, but you sure as gently caress ain't doing poo poo to Superman. Boss though? He just goes and hucks a container of clown gas at big blue and...

IT WORKED. Oh, it didn't make him laugh to death like normal people. He basically started coughing and laughing a bit, eyes went a little watery, he actually got the Bat distracted for a little bit. Oh it was a waste, boss just got a truck and drove it into the guy, and he was still stronger than a train and boss went flying out and fell into a dumpster, and we all got arrested, but since Supes was there Bats just threw ropes and some of those Batrangs instead of putting us all in the hospital, and even as the cops took us away Superman was still giving off a giggle every now and then. So yeah, like, the gas barely worked and didn't help us at all, but...

Joker took a bunch of us fuckups' mess and made stuff that could AFFECT loving SUPERMAN. The guy who punches people who break mountains and has mountains dropped on him and he just gets annoyed! That's not some guy who had one bad day! That's a guy who's a supergenius chemical guy, even if it's just how to make clown gas! One bad day does not produce that sort of stuff! You have to have things before it, right? Because if he didn't, and his 'one bad day' somehow opened his brain in some ways that...

...gently caress, the clown gas is leaking again. No wonder my brain's so dummy.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Moon Slayer posted:

*record scratch*

Yeah, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

And how you can get into this situation too, amiright?

Does uh... Nightwing do this?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Sourdough Sam posted:

Does uh... Nightwing do this?

I've never seen it but follow your dreams, bub.

I'll be honest though, when the bat girl swoops down on a crew there's always three or four guys who "accidentally" "trip" and wind up on their knees facing away from her. Now I'm not too proud to say I haven't pulled this trick a few times myself (no point in denying it since there's a picture, heh) since getting choked out is a heck of a lot better than the TBI or fractures the bat man will give ya, but at least I'm not one of them mooks who call 'er "mommy" while she's doin' it.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Guess someone traveled here after that Joker recruitment table at Gathering of the Juggalos. I'm tasked with em and am scared about anything setting the boss completely off.

Would Juggalos be violating some kinda First Commandment type thing regarding other clowns?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Yvershek posted:

Guess someone traveled here after that Joker recruitment table at Gathering of the Juggalos. I'm tasked with em and am scared about anything setting the boss completely off.

Would Juggalos be violating some kinda First Commandment type thing regarding other clowns?
The Joker likes funny guys, just play the magnets song at him and he'll be cool with it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Any of youse guys got a porkpie hat I can borrow?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cornwind Evil posted:

Guys, I've been thinkin' about this too long, and I dunno if the Bat broke something in my head or I just saw somethin' I woulda been better off not seeing...

Okay, the Joker, you know his bit right? The one bad day thing. Life has no meaning because nothing matters and all it takes is one bad day to turn a man into a nutcase, so you have to laugh and treat all life as a joke, blah blah, and you hear bits and pieces that Joker says that because it happened to him, he was just some schmo and then he had one bad day and he became Mr. Clowngas.

But, see, there was a time when he got a bunch of make clowngas stuff chemicals, but he decided to then gently caress off with Harley or his daughter or someone and told us, okay boys, YOU make the clown gas! Now we're all making GBS threads ourselves, because this is the boss' thing, he got the chemicals, we don't have a loving clue how to make loving clown gas or ANYTHING. But we basically decide we're probably better if we try and fail rather than run away or don't try, so we do. Didn't work. We made a bunch of mess, Hooper burned the poo poo outta his lungs and still wheezes, and the best we got was some punk named Popper made something that smelled real bad, like, farts on steroids bad. And like after ten hours of trying Joker shows back up.

What's he do? He asks what we're doing. We tell him. Joker looks sour, then he complains about the smell, then someone said it was Popper's fault, and Joker decided that was completely hilarious and laughed for like two minutes. I think he said something like it should have been Pooper instead of Popper. Maybe that saved us, I dunno, but he told us to go get some trucks and stuff and he'd handle the clown gas. So we clear out and go get some trucks ASAP to make up for all our fuckups, get back in less than an hour...

Boss has a fresh new supply of clown gas. He took all our mistakes and waste and he MIXED IT UP INTO CLOWN GAS ANYWAY. Like, I dunno if he had some second secret stash of stuff that he pulled out while we were gone to trick us but even if he did he mixed up the stuff he needed in like, an hour, and it sure as hell LOOKED like he'd used all our fuckups.

But that is not the scary part. Because the night after that was that time five months ago when Supes was in Gotham with Bats. They do teamups sometimes, you know, world's fine guys or what? I mean, the Bat is bad enough, but the cape? You just stand there and give up, because you could MAYBE escape Bats or get in a lucky shot, but you sure as gently caress ain't doing poo poo to Superman. Boss though? He just goes and hucks a container of clown gas at big blue and...

IT WORKED. Oh, it didn't make him laugh to death like normal people. He basically started coughing and laughing a bit, eyes went a little watery, he actually got the Bat distracted for a little bit. Oh it was a waste, boss just got a truck and drove it into the guy, and he was still stronger than a train and boss went flying out and fell into a dumpster, and we all got arrested, but since Supes was there Bats just threw ropes and some of those Batrangs instead of putting us all in the hospital, and even as the cops took us away Superman was still giving off a giggle every now and then. So yeah, like, the gas barely worked and didn't help us at all, but...

Joker took a bunch of us fuckups' mess and made stuff that could AFFECT loving SUPERMAN. The guy who punches people who break mountains and has mountains dropped on him and he just gets annoyed! That's not some guy who had one bad day! That's a guy who's a supergenius chemical guy, even if it's just how to make clown gas! One bad day does not produce that sort of stuff! You have to have things before it, right? Because if he didn't, and his 'one bad day' somehow opened his brain in some ways that...

...gently caress, the clown gas is leaking again. No wonder my brain's so dummy.
How dumb do you have to be to screw up clown gas? The hardest part is getting the loving pills since all those supply chain issues started but he gave you the ingredients and you still ballsed it up? Did you eat the loving wood chips or something? Huff the borax? Think the boss left his precious little boys some greens for your loving health? Jesus christ I just... how do you gently caress up the gas? Do you know how much clown gas I've made by accident? I can't wash dishes without filling the sink with clown water. I tried to paint the back room and now I'm up to my eyeballs in dissolvable clown tablets. I woke up in the middle of building another loving cannister launcher and now my exercise bike is hosed. And you're all Oh I hosed Up ThE cLoWn GaS you lovely loving argh I'm so mad right now. gently caress.

E: that was uncalled for and I'm sorry. I had a rough week last week and all this clown gas everywhere isn't helping. I'm going to step away from the screen for a bit, maybe take a walk by the water plant or something. You have a good one.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 18, 2024

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yeah, here yas go.

Just as a tip since yer new around here. Just put all this crap in your trunk and leave it here. As you start henching more and more for different bosses, you’ll have more costume crap than you know what to do with, and it really pays off down the line when you branch out into some of the weirder new bosses who ain’t got the budget to outfit their crew. “Oh, you all need to come in tomorrow with snorkels, flippers, and chefs aprons,” and you know what? I had two full costumes right there, ready to go. Won me the job over some bigger, tougher goons, and I didn’t have to spend a dime.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I have very reasonable costume rental rates and I'm actually looking to sell off floor stock right now to free up some storage for all this clown gas.

E: n/m it looks like I went on a bender yesterday and converted all my costume stock into YET MORE loving CLOWN GAS YAAAY

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Splicer posted:

I have very reasonable costume rental rates and I'm actually looking to sell off floor stock right now to free up some storage for all this clown gas.

E: n/m it looks like I went on a bender yesterday and converted all my costume stock into YET MORE loving CLOWN GAS YAAAY

Ya know the clown gas poo poo has an expire date right? I dunno what they put the joker puts in it that expires, but yeah it does. you don't want to use old clown gas.

If ya think you got a batch that's just about to go, what I do, I add in a bit of laughing gas, then at least they all get the giggles. With the expired stuff all that happens is everones eyes start twitching super fast, and they look real sad.

It's really weird. I don't like. If they're laughing at least you don't notice the eye twitch thing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I always knows da Clown Gas huffahs who are danglin' before I even get da Cherry Pickah up dere. All wigglin' and convulsin'. It aint a pretty sight.

I was thinkin' of namin' da Cherry Pickah somethin' cool, paint it on da side, but I aint sure if it'll draw too much attention from da wrong people.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Takes my advice and DON’T do what I did and stencil “PROP OF GOTHAM” on the side to avoid the capes. Dat t’ing got robbed ten minutes after I painted it. Saw it again about three months later when I temp henched over with Penguin. Their team nabbed it so that he could reach guns on the top shelf of his warehouse. Well, after having a good laugh, I couldn’t be mad about it.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Its da freakin bat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

God drat IT! I ain’t even DOIN’ anything! We’re swapping stories in our own-
*gets skull fractured by flying metal bat-shaped projectile*