Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

PD808 posted:

Boys, I've been a henchman for almost 10 years, and I haven't gotten away with whatcha'd call a successful crime the whole time...excepting maybe a crime of fashion? Look at these loving tights!

Did you guys know Bernie Madoff stole over 60 billion dollars? Billion! And did it without making his henchmen dress up like they worked at the circus. They probally got to wear Armani or something.

Why don't WE ever try white collar crime? Betcha Madoff never made his guys bake bombs into birthday cakes to take a opera house hostage during the Gotham centennial celebration.

It took us nearly 4 days to get the recipe right, and I lost some good friends when one of the ovens exploded. I asked Mr. J if we could maybe just buy some cakes and hollow them out and put the bombs inside, but he got real mad. Turns out he wanted to disguise himself as a pastry chef and make a joke(?) about how his cake recipe was so good your taste buds would explode...it didn't really land, but I guess Mr. J is used to being the only one in a room laughing.

Natchurally, in swoops the Bat and defuses our bomb-cakes and bam, zap, pow, sends us all back to the prison medical wing. No joking boys, the nurses there see me so often that when I get rolled in they just start writing my medical history on my chart without asking me about it. All patting me somewhere I'm not bandaged: "What'd the caped crusader do to ya this time, hon?"

And for what? So the boss could threaten to blow up a bunch of innocent people if the city didn't give him 10 million dollars? 10 million? Even if it had worked, he only would have netted 6 million after salary, health care, bomb materials, baking supplies, party favors, confetti, etc. And sure, I done some bad things, but I didn't want ALL that blood on my hands if the bombs had gone off later like he planned. If you asked me now if I'd blow up 500 people to have $200,000, which mighta been my cut, the answer is probally no. I guess I just get caught up in the excitement of his plans?

So now I got CTE, a permanent limp, and my neck don't turn to the right no more from all the times the Bat has beat me up foiling the boss's capers, and I can barely afford my painkillers.

The Bats never broke all Madoff's ribs kicking him through a window. In fact, pretty sure Bats didn't even know Madoff was a crook! Probably because all the crooks he knows wear colorful costumes and have crazy accents and gotta advertise their crimes before, during, and after. Madoff didn't get caught by "the world's greatest detective," it was the IRS or something, and it took them like 20 years.

I know the boss always blames our problems on the watchu-call brilliance and tenacity of the dark knight, but at some point maybe we all need to look in the mirror and ask: Am I my own Batman?

I don't think you "get" the whole being a henchmen. Branch out with a gimmick and I'll come work for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

So I'm thinking I've henched for a couple years now, and it's time to step up and lead a crew. But you know the hardest part? Thinking up a gimmick! All the good ones are taken!

So I like trains, I think, maybe I'll be like an old timey engineer, we can blow whistles, wear pocket watches, you know? But then someone says, "Eyyy, don't do ANYTHING with watches, or clocks, or whatever. The Clock King don't like that. He'll come and close you down."

OK, so I think, what should I be doing instead? I'm from New Orleans originally, before moving to Gotham (what a mistake THAT was!), and I think, maybe I do some kind of bayou act? You know, get a crocodile, yeah, you know where this is going. Croc King just ate the last guy who even thought about getting some trained lizards. So that's out.

Maybe we don't have a gimmick? We just, I don't know, hit banks and stuff on holidays, when everyone is home with their families? You know, run jobs just on Christmas, Easter, --- what? Wait, WHAT? You're kidding me. You've gotta be kidding me!

Maybe I should just stick to henching.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I used to do some henching for Stalingrad, turns out there's some kind of loophole for legacy and tribute acts.

Of course any new face is gonna have trouble getting henchmen until they prove themselves and get money up front. Getting paid after the job is just asking for the boss to shoot you so you don't get a cut.

And don't make the mistake of working for a grad student on spec, there's no money in stealing rare books on stalinology from campus libraries. Dude just get an interlibrary loan.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Listen, I'm not complaining about a free meal, but uh.... Joker fish? Are these things safe to eat? No, I know they're cooked. But the drat thing was smiling when you tossed it in the pan, that ain't normal.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So I says to the boss I says "Boss" I says "what if we captcha da Bat and we all get in a circle and then we all masturbate to completion while he has to watch and then we jerk him off too and he can do NUTTIN about it!"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Listen, I'm not complaining about a free meal, but uh.... Joker fish? Are these things safe to eat? No, I know they're cooked. But the drat thing was smiling when you tossed it in the pan, that ain't normal.

They're The Snack That Smiles Back!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

poisonpill posted:

So I'm thinking I've henched for a couple years now, and it's time to step up and lead a crew. But you know the hardest part? Thinking up a gimmick! All the good ones are taken!

So I like trains, I think, maybe I'll be like an old timey engineer, we can blow whistles, wear pocket watches, you know? But then someone says, "Eyyy, don't do ANYTHING with watches, or clocks, or whatever. The Clock King don't like that. He'll come and close you down."

OK, so I think, what should I be doing instead? I'm from New Orleans originally, before moving to Gotham (what a mistake THAT was!), and I think, maybe I do some kind of bayou act? You know, get a crocodile, yeah, you know where this is going. Croc King just ate the last guy who even thought about getting some trained lizards. So that's out.

Maybe we don't have a gimmick? We just, I don't know, hit banks and stuff on holidays, when everyone is home with their families? You know, run jobs just on Christmas, Easter, --- what? Wait, WHAT? You're kidding me. You've gotta be kidding me!

Maybe I should just stick to henching.

They ain't kidding, you shoulda seen how Calendar Man got steamed over the Holiday Killer, they say the Bat himself consulted the guy in Arkham and everything.

Then again, last I heard there's three Jokers runnin' around all at the same time. Maybe explains why they never seem to die, there's a new one waitin' in the wings every time...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eyy, I GOT it!
How bout dis.
'Pretzel Man' . No no, now hear me out ova hea. See what we do is, we get a guy dressed in a pretzel costume and get him on da news, just, jaywalkin', appearin' at da mall, bein' all weird. Jus ta get people's attention yous know.
Den we offa 'free pretzels' around da city. At da ball pahk, door ta door, at hot dawg vendas, all ova! Dat SAME DAY, Jimmy ova hea, well he works for da city, see? He turns off all da wata! All ova town!

Now everybody ate dem pretzels and dey ain't got nuttin ta drink! See! Den we get Pretzel Man on da nightly news and HE says 'Deliver me a ransom and I'll turn ya precious wata back on, see!'

Whadda ya mean 'how much'?

I dunno? 2, maybe 3 hundred dollas? How much you think all them pretzels'd cost us? Probably 'bout dat I guess eh Jim?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

OK, I gots it. I'm gonna be "Emerald Man", or sommat like dat. Maybe try'n do one o' dem Irish accents; you know, like my cousin Fin, over in Star City has? Gonna only steal emeralds or whatever.

Yeah, yeah, you're right. Any color of gems is fine. That works. I'll put dem in like a leprechaun kettle, you know? Those pots, or whatever?

So maybe we lean into that? I wear all green? I get a little green hat, and a green suit, and---

-- "Riddler"? Who? What?

OH, COME ON!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Hey, what about things that are, like, out of copyright and poo poo. Take something from, I don't know, Alice in Wonderland? No one's gonna have taken something from that!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ok, ok...

"Jawnny Appleseed". You can't eat da seeds, theys poisonous! Who's gonna fight a poison guy? Nobody! You just walk in and be like 'yo I'm toxic gimme whatava'.

PD808
Aug 21, 2021
Hey new guy, you want to last around here, there are few simple rules.

First, never just look him in one eye. If you stick to the nice side, he'll realize you are grossed out by the nasty side and it hurts his feelings. If you only look in the big crooked pus-dripping eye, you're gonna make yourself sick, and that's even worse than avoiding it. Just focus on the bridge of his nose. I always try to look at a bunch of burn victims on the internet before I'm going to have a long conversation with him. Gets me ready.

Second, if you need something, always give him 2 options that don't set you back. Need a car for a job? Propose he spring for a shiny new Mercedes, or a dirty used BMW... it's all about framing his choices.

Third, if there are any twins among your friends and family, do NOT let him know. He gets a little creepy. Also, one of them will probably end up disfigured eventually.

Fourth, just go along with it when he talks about what a good person he used to be. Most of the boys got prosecuted by him and his deputies back in the day, and he was a real piece of poo poo. Overcharged cases and fought for high bail so indigent defendants had to plead out just to go home; constant Brady violations; he would recharge cases after the Gotham Innocence Project exonerated some of the people he wrongfully convicted; he seemed to relish separating families and inflicting generational trauma with long prison sentences even for non-violent first offenders... You know prosecutors can do as much damage to minority communities as racist cops, right? Read *the New Jim Crow* sometime. poo poo, he's a better person for Gotham NOW. I mean, 50% of the time we end up giving our loot to charity! But just go with it when he laments about what a saint he used to be, no need to rock the boat.

Finally, and this is THE most important rule, if he pulls out his coin and you don't know WHY. you gotta make an excuse to get out of there before he flips it. He may be choosing between decaf and espresso, or he may be about to kill us all in the name of "good." Or maybe "evil"? Who loving knows...

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I got it. A Lovecraft based villain.

No, I won't be calling people that word. Yeah, guess I better keep thinking.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*flipping through an encyclopedia*
Penguin?
No.

Pig?
Eh? There's a 'Pyg'? And he looks like a pig? I'll keep that as a maybe.

Poison! Poison... Poison Ivy?
No.

Professor...Professor...
Naw, he's got a couple o' professor enemies already.

Who knew this would be so hard?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

poisonpill posted:

*flipping through an encyclopedia*
Penguin?
No.

Pig?
Eh? There's a 'Pyg'? And he looks like a pig? I'll keep that as a maybe.

Poison! Poison... Poison Ivy?
No.

Professor...Professor...
Naw, he's got a couple o' professor enemies already.

Who knew this would be so hard?

What about….da poisonous pill? You could do some riddler choice stuff,kidnap people and make em choose between 2 pills?

Ooh we could all dress up as pill boxes with big PP’s on em!

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Either that or he really thinks that anyone's fooled by a mask when there's literally only two guys in Star City who have that beard.

And that rear end, those tights aren't hiding anything Oliver.

*Lifts clown gas canister into truck*

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I am sickened by the heinous crimes I've committed, even though I was forced into them by my family being threatened by the Penguin's goons. Now that they're all dead because of a Joker gas attack, I can dedicate myself to the cause of vigilante justice, inspired by the Darknight Detective himself! I'll embrace nonlethal means and cerebral investigative work, with an eye toward collecting untainted evidence that can be used by the justice system to send irredeemable crooks away on solid cases while trying to rehabilitate those who haven't been lost for good. This is how I'll balance the scales of justice for the wrongs I've done, even under terrible duress!

*Two weeks later, is found dangling by his ankle from a lightpost, tied up by a Bat-rope, pockets bulging with planted cocaine, for daring to try to improve on someone's shtick*

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Just once I would like to wear gloves that don’t leave my fingers bare.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hey, uh, Mr. Scarecrow, sir. Sorry to interrupt you, but uh... I'm putting in my two weeks notice.

Oh jeez, sorry, didn't realize you had guests! Woah, is that gorilla talking? Holy poo poo. Wait, is that freakin' Lex Luthor? The businessman?

Oh man, my cousin is gonna love this! He's always telling me CEOs are evil!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What about….da poisonous pill? You could do some riddler choice stuff,kidnap people and make em choose between 2 pills?

Ooh we could all dress up as pill boxes with big PP’s on em!

I love it. We can start going after the big Pharma family that lobbied doctors into overprescribing joker gas for everything, leading Gotham into an epidemic of clown gas addiction

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poisonpill posted:

I love it. We can start going after the big Pharma family that lobbied doctors into overprescribing joker gas for everything, leading Gotham into an epidemic of clown gas addiction

Hey hey, now, uh I mean we're still gonna NEED poison pills made though so like...I dunno maybe don't get em TOO riled up

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

We just have to start cutting Joker Gas with fentanyl, and we can double our profits.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I'll set up shop in the abandoned...pharmaceuticals factory?

They have one of those in this town, too? Man, the recession really must have hit Gotham hard.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

poisonpill posted:

I'll set up shop in the abandoned...pharmaceuticals factory?

They have one of those in this town, too? Man, the recession really must have hit Gotham hard.

There are like three of them. I can't understand what any company would willingly set up shop in this shithole city. They must be getting amazing tax breaks.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

No wonder security at Arkham is so terrible. They’ve had three escapes this month and still laid off half of their staff. Meanwhile Bruce Wayne gets ANOTHER tax break for, you gotta read this, and I quote: “Establishing a committee to explore private sector solutions to Joker Gas emissions.” What the hell does that mean?!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh you'd think after getting 30 million in a bank heist you'd have it made.

Not accounting for clown makeup

PD808
Aug 21, 2021

Outrail posted:

There are like three of them. I can't understand what any company would willingly set up shop in this shithole city. They must be getting amazing tax breaks.

Youse gots it all backwards... the Joker and Riddler and Penguin and Freeze and Bane and all us guys and our dastardly deeds, we are HELPING these corporations with the tax breaks!

Thanks to the crown prince o' crime and his buddies, Gotham has been flooded, gassed, burned, frozen, sent insane, and what have you so many times the feds made it a permanent disaster relief area. Dese fat cats get to build factories here knowing they will never stay open, they get huge writeoffs and government loans to be "job creators," then when Harley or Killer Croc or whomever blows up the neighborhood the corporation gets to write the whole place off as a loss, putting whatever inflated value on it they want. Then they sell it to the next guy who's going to "revitalize Gotham," and Bob's yer uncle.

If we waz smart, we'd be asking GM and Amazon and Tyson to pay US for our capers...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PD808 posted:

Youse gots it all backwards... the Joker and Riddler and Penguin and Freeze and Bane and all us guys and our dastardly deeds, we are HELPING these corporations with the tax breaks!

Thanks to the crown prince o' crime and his buddies, Gotham has been flooded, gassed, burned, frozen, sent insane, and what have you so many times the feds made it a permanent disaster relief area. Dese fat cats get to build factories here knowing they will never stay open, they get huge writeoffs and government loans to be "job creators," then when Harley or Killer Croc or whomever blows up the neighborhood the corporation gets to write the whole place off as a loss, putting whatever inflated value on it they want. Then they sell it to the next guy who's going to "revitalize Gotham," and Bob's yer uncle.

If we waz smart, we'd be asking GM and Amazon and Tyson to pay US for our capers...

I'd rather take a job with loving Scarecrow before getting close to an Amazon warehouse. I've got standards.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bezos is just Lex Luthor's secret identity i mean duh.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tunicate posted:

Bezos is just Lex Luthor's secret identity i mean duh.

Isn't your secret identity supposed to be less evil than your villain persona?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Dat woke dork Clark Kent just did a whole report on Cat woman’s new costume. It just ain’t sexy no more!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I can't figure something out. Last week, Batman burst through the skylight into the abandoned warehouse hideout and got some of the boys, but not before Big Tony gave him a couple across the jaw and Rico slashed him with a knife. I have to give him some credit, he's a tough sonuvabitch and good in a fight even when you've got four-five guys trying to dogpile him.

But I just saw on the news that earlier today while the Justice League was captured and powerless, Batman escaped and took out three "White Martians" without a scratch before freeing the rest of his pals, who then saved the Earth. I don't know what a White Martian is, but besides sounding like it wears a robe and hood if you know what I mean, they sound like bad news if they could capture the whole Justice League, and I bet three of them are tougher than Big Tony and Rico put together by a drat sight.

So what's the deal? Is "our" Batman some sort of understudy or apprentice or something? Or is he just loving around with us and letting us think we've got a shot?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I bet this “justice league saves the planet” crap is just an excuse for them to go and have big expensive orgies on an island somewhere.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey did you guys hear that Mr Freeze started his own Justice League? Yeah he calls it the Gotham Society for Legal Fairness and Oversight.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Admiralty Flag posted:

I can't figure something out. Last week, Batman burst through the skylight into the abandoned warehouse hideout and got some of the boys, but not before Big Tony gave him a couple across the jaw and Rico slashed him with a knife. I have to give him some credit, he's a tough sonuvabitch and good in a fight even when you've got four-five guys trying to dogpile him.

But I just saw on the news that earlier today while the Justice League was captured and powerless, Batman escaped and took out three "White Martians" without a scratch before freeing the rest of his pals, who then saved the Earth. I don't know what a White Martian is, but besides sounding like it wears a robe and hood if you know what I mean, they sound like bad news if they could capture the whole Justice League, and I bet three of them are tougher than Big Tony and Rico put together by a drat sight.

So what's the deal? Is "our" Batman some sort of understudy or apprentice or something? Or is he just loving around with us and letting us think we've got a shot?

It's all fake news, there's no aliens and poo poo that's just some douchbag in a rubber mask and some special effects.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I need 18 more of youse henches. we're gonna be the covid 19 and terrorize old folks homes

e: no it ain't topical, it's endemic

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Voice of Labor posted:

I need 18 more of youse henches. we're gonna be the covid 19 and terrorize old folks homes

e: no it ain't topical, it's endemic

Don't think the union will let us work with biohazard-themed villains. Batman is scary and all that but I ain't loving around with OSHA.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

We’re the poison pills, you hear me?

We do pill-themed robberies, we hijack medicine shipments, and we wear pill bottle costumes and pill capsule masks.

And the best part, our gimmick, is that if we get arrested, it’s all part of the plan!

Hey, where are you all going?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I think I am going to go work for a Captain Planet villain and just dump toxic waste in the river or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

poisonpill posted:

We’re the poison pills, you hear me?

We do pill-themed robberies, we hijack medicine shipments, and we wear pill bottle costumes and pill capsule masks.

And the best part, our gimmick, is that if we get arrested, it’s all part of the plan!

Hey, where are you all going?

These idiot villain bosses are getting to your head. Can we just sell fentanyl like every other criminal underworld?