Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

When I moved out all those years ago I chucked 95% of my childhood in the trash. But I have never been able to throw out my unfinished model of the USS Enterprise-D. I guess it's symbolic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

When my grandpa died, I by default inherited all his pens, including a Parker Vacuumatic from 1944 that still works perfectly. It will forever be my No. 1 pen.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah, $200 seems to be the going rate for a functioning, bog-standard Vacuumatic, at least from what I have seen in fancy pen shops.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

bossy lady posted:

I traveled for work for 4 years and got a shot glass from every place I've been to.

I was in Boston at my friend's local bar where they had the perfect glasses for sampling beers. For some reason I said I would like to buy one of these glasses. "We only have four. No can do," says the bartender, who then as a consolation gives me one of their shot glasses to keep for free. No logo or Paul Revere House etched on it. Just a plain shot glass. And in hindsight it's the best travel tchotchke I could ask for.