Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

companies like Microsoft making "big bets on the metaverse" feels like reaching the end of something as a society

i really think this is entirely nonsense, they're buying game pass into the netflix of gaming, they won't actually do anything other than get day-1-on-pass and some exclusives out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

couldn't have gotten it on the cheap then though.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

I think we're getting to the point where gamepass is going to pivot to getting worse

remember when netflix was 8 dollars and had marvel movies? now it's $20 and mostly true crime podcasts with pictures

yeah, i am enjoying it a lot, but very much already expecting that turn

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i don't know what a metaverse is, and i don't think satya or mark do either, but they definitely know what an in-app purchase is

and they *definitively* know what recurring subscription revenue is. kind of gives me hope for game pass continuing to be great actually, because o365 is the microsoft crown jewels and remains extremely competitively priced at every tier.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

game pass might stick better than netflix really, because in addition to the bigger games i am making my way through i'd also have to buy slay the spire somewhere else to take a month off, which means it'd have to be a couple of months off to even break even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

man, putting cortana in a popular console shooter would be wild