Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hey, it's your deep fryer here. Wasn't making cheese sticks and corn dogs with your kids fun? If you set me up again, I'm sure they'll come back. I even have the same oil ready to heat and fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
I am telling you, fresh ground coffee just TASTES BETTER. Why do you keep buying the pre-ground stuff when I'm right here, in the cupboard under the coffeemaker? We can recreate the opening credits of Dexter together! COME ON!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Need some potatoes riced? How about a cauliflower? Could you please buy something for me to rice? You don't have to eat it. You could just dump the mush in the trash like you do with all your cooked vegetables.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

It's not my fault that storing liquids in me is messy and impractical. I'm shaped like a cow. A cow! Look at me, I'm fun and novel! You can pour cream out of my nose. Or gravy. Or syrup, maple or chocolate. I'll take any fluid, I'm desperate.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yes hello I am a baking stone purchased during the 2020 covid lockdowns. I made a loaf of bread and a mediocre pizza. I am buried under food storage containers and my owner says "I should make more bread sometime" but they never do.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Hello I am the Instapot your mother in law decided you needed three Christmases ago. I appreciate that I'm in front of the crock pot on in the cabinet, even if it's just so that your mother in law can easily see me when she visits. I also appreciate that you call me by my actual name when you need to move me to get to the crock pot, even if it's only to ask "can we donate the loving Instant Pot? It takes up too much goddamn space." And I appreciate that due to your spouse's inability to stand up to their mother, I go right back to my cozy cabinet home - no stews or waves made.

Would be nice to boil some eggs for you someday, maybe make some quick ribs? Super Bowl's coming up...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm the immersion blender, just checking in to see if you need any sauces or soups smoothed out. you know you can put me right into the sauce pot on the range, right? if you're careful, this time i won't splash around and make a huge mess and burn you with boiling hot tomato sauce splatter.

no? you're just going to dump it all into the vitamix again? ok...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Semi-Protato posted:

Hello I am the Instapot your mother in law decided you needed three Christmases ago. I appreciate that I'm in front of the crock pot on in the cabinet, even if it's just so that your mother in law can easily see me when she visits. I also appreciate that you call me by my actual name when you need to move me to get to the crock pot, even if it's only to ask "can we donate the loving Instant Pot? It takes up too much goddamn space." And I appreciate that due to your spouse's inability to stand up to their mother, I go right back to my cozy cabinet home - no stews or waves made.

Would be nice to boil some eggs for you someday, maybe make some quick ribs? Super Bowl's coming up...

instant pot rules!!!!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I use my instant pot like every day its the only good gimmick cooking item

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
I'm stuck her in the cupboard, why are you to me so mean
I swear i shall revenge it, I shall make myself unseen
and patiently awaiting the moment when you reach

for the dusty soda stream

I shall rise to the occation, I shall surely make you scream
As i cut your finger tips off, perpendicular and clean
You shall once again remember, that you own a mandolin

I'aint no dusty soda stream

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm the 50 Tupperwares
I'm the 50 Tupperware lids
I'm the lack of combination between 50 tuppers and 50 lids

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

i use mine pretty often too, and yet i still can't shake the paranoia that it's going to explode and kill me every time i walk past it during the ~30 min it's at pressure.

a thin piece of drywall separates my master bedroom from the water heater tank in the garage, which somehow never concerns me.

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Sid Vicious posted:

instant pot rules!!!!

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I like mine a bunch too but I know a ton of people who have theirs collecting dust. I can turn around pulled pork in no time with it and it makes awesome hard cooked eggs.

I also have never heard anyone over 60 call it by its correct name. There's no such thing as an Instapot goddammit

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I use my instant pot to cook rice 90% of the time and occasionally make roast beef with it.

Lorthdon
Feb 20, 2006
Hello, fridge here. The lonely old lady in the rent controlled apartment that I reside in died six months and so has the cat that was feasting on her corpse. The stuff inside of me has turned quite sour and the building has so much mold that no one is noticing the smell coming from the apartment.

Lorthdon fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 19, 2022

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
WEl[p.... Looks like its another Epic 2012 bangerino!!!!

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I'M SO loving READY TO SPIN SOME SALAD

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm the mini waffle machine you got for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. I am impossible to clean, do exactly one thing, and get so hot that the paint on my outside is flaking off. The manufacturer fixed this by putting "hot" on the paint that flaked off.

I have been used exactly twice - once on Christmas morning to make Pillsbury cinnamon buns into waffles (actually pretty good) by the person who gave you the gift, and again on a snow day. The waffles are fine but everything takes twice as long because they're cute and mini.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hello its me the loving KNUCKLE ANNIHILATOR mandolin slicer, I promise i won't maim your hands in gnarly ways again

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
I'm the air fryer around which you have based your personality.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Rejoice! After five long years, my owner has finally plugged me in once more. I'm going to toast him so many slices of bread! Right after the two of us get out of the bath tub.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I’m so pumped to process some food, as soon as I’m out of this cardboard box!! I’m sure it’ll be any day no—

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm the immersion blender, just checking in to see if you need any sauces or soups smoothed out. you know you can put me right into the sauce pot on the range, right? if you're careful, this time i won't splash around and make a huge mess and burn you with boiling hot tomato sauce splatter.

:cripes:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

kecske posted:

hello its me the loving KNUCKLE ANNIHILATOR mandolin slicer, I promise i won't maim your hands in gnarly ways again

Just get some cut resistant gloves. They are cheap and machine washable

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It’s me, the coffee grinder that’s a pain to clean so now you buy pre-ground coffee, chillin with my homie the espresso machine that’s a pain to clean. We hope you enjoy your Community coffee made in a drip machine every morning.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my *ahem* "strawberry stem remover" gets used a little too often, if anything

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Another reject niche cooking gizmo purchased from Tuesday Morning's weird appliance section being walked to the checkout so I can use it three times and discover it's easier/less cleanup to just make whatever I was making the traditional way:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*pssstt* Hey, remember me? No, you’re not hearing voices, I’m the GE Spacemaker radio you bought new and installed underneath the cabinet back in 1996. Look, I know there’s this whole “Bluetooth” and “Spotify” fad going on right about now, but when’s the last time you really immersed yourself in some music with a CD? How about the radio? There’s got to be some good stuff still on the radio, right?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

LuckyCat posted:

It’s me, the coffee grinder that’s a pain to clean so now you buy pre-ground coffee, chillin with my homie the espresso machine that’s a pain to clean. We hope you enjoy your Community coffee made in a drip machine every morning.

I grind coffee every day and I have cleaned my coffee grinder twice, it's really not necessary

numberoneposter posted:

my *ahem* "strawberry stem remover" gets used a little too often, if anything

Hey, I know the guy that designed that!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
I'm the fancy drip coffee maker with the timer and the built in grinder that jams every time. Oh what's that? You just dissassembled me and cleaned the coffee gate? You think I work now? Lol. lmao

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
IM still the soda stream would you like to buy some cartridges lol. do they even make those anymore lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm the dusty ultrasound water glasses and jewelry cleaner. You got me for Christmas and put me here next to the paper tower holder. I'm too big for the bathroom counter, and too full of water for the bedroom. My plug is a non-standard oval that doesn't fit any other devices. Would you like to clean your glasses? My manual is right there, in the dusty bag behind the paper towels.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Gladys, is that you? Oh, you must be one of her grandchildren. I'm the ancient electric carving knife with the frayed fabric power cord that your gran-gran used on the pot roasts she made every Sunday. Since you never make pot roast, I've begun to crave the taste of human flesh. Why don't you let my blades soak in the sudsy dishwater and forget they're there until you carelessly reach your hand in for the sponge. yes....yess....Gladys is smiling down at me from heaven.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey, remember that franchise you were obsessed with a few years ago? It's me, the tie-in cook book they sold to make a quick buck on a handful of overpriced recipes. You only baked a couple of them before putting me away for good. Guess the less common ingredients were too much of a pain to make a special trip to the store for. Remember that one dish from the show that became a meme? Haha, yeah, that's in here just waiting for you to make it.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Ni hao! That's what we say where I am from. It's me! Your massive wok, made of cast iron maybe! Use me for stir fry, it doesn't matter if I am rendered moot because we don't have an industrial burner setup. And don't fret! I'm sure you won't flip the food out of the pan as you try to do the cool moves from Iron Chef. You can even use the chopsticks, the cool metal ones that are fun! Did I hear you say "Goodwill?"

🎶worthless🎶

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i'm glad my owner has stopped loving me, the cheese grater. good luck, mandolin slicer.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Pumpkin scraper here, how ya doin? Anyone in the mood to make a jack-o-lantern? Oh, I should wait 9-10 months? I could totally make a melon lantern, or even a zucchini lantern! Summer vegetables more like s'more vegetables! Just lemme know!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm your avocado slicer. I sit buried in the back of the utensil drawer because the only time you eat avocados is in guacamole and the store bought stuff has preservatives to prevent it from rotting three minutes after being made.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm a single corn cob holder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Peggy Edson posted:

I'm your avocado slicer. I sit buried in the back of the utensil drawer because the only time you eat avocados is in guacamole and the store bought stuff has preservatives to prevent it from rotting three minutes after being made.

Add lime or lemon juice on the top after making it and then press plastic wrap directly onto it so air doesn't touch the gauc. It'll keep it good for at least a few days. I actually got this tip from Malory Archer. RIP

content: I'm one of the incredibly large one use appliances your in laws give you every Christmas even though you live in a tiny apartment. Am I the comically large bread maker? The electric grill bigger than your counter? Or the serving set that's clearly never been bought by anyone but boomers?

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 22, 2022