Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
I would like to play! Sign me up please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
##Raid Bandit Camp

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lmao it's only hours into day 1, playboy. Try again later.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Don't know who is scum. Feels about yami tammy then g4g and deadmeat.

But nothing concrete.

Find this odd. Sort of feels like be baited you into it. Why not just stick with "its hours into day 1 this is bait!". There's a grand total of 5 posts that arent you between these two, what changed?

Also someone tell me if IA superficially inflating post count posting just one sentence posts in a row is normal.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Voodoofly posted:

##vote bird

I don’t think she’ll is trying to avoid posting content by talking mechanics in a very unique mechanics game.

And I don’t think bird really thinks that either.

I think the mechanics are a trap mostly - especially day 1. its really easy to talk and overanalyze the what ifs with them but we aren't going to know how they work mostly until after both of the missions flip so it all reads as idle chatter/appearing busy to me day 1.

(in before there is no scum team, this is 100% rimworld and were just against a clock to get rescued without literally murdering ourselves in the process.)

Yami Fenrir posted:

Sorry for being kinda lurky, not feeling all that hot today.

Did keep up with the thread though.

I agree with the points on Shell rn but I haven't reread them yet. It'll be more obvious with them over time anyway, overly cautious scum.

Feel Better!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I also know Sandwolf's gimmick is not reading anything, but they're also not really making sense with the mission stuff either so... also on my list.

I'm not a fan of the interaction in this series of posts between hambeet and sandwolf. Relationally if one flips scum I'd probably vote the other, later in the game. It reads manufactured to me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I also don't think Birdstrike is wrong about shell at all (even if I personally would not have pushed that yet) so I don't really understand that push on them. I'll definitely be looking in this area tmrw.

I don't see scummy in Shellception, but maybe that's just cause I nod and agree re- her takes on IA.

Sandwolf posted:

I see you naysaying two “””big””” votes Maer, so who is scum?

Also never really a fan of "Well you dont think its them? TELL US WHO IT IS THEN HUH?"

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

I liked what Akay posted earlier (actual thoughts about people, not just mechanics) and also they don't play much right?

Hi I haven't played here on SA in a decade (... I think literally.)

##vote Birdstrike

Id rather vote Sand over Bird, but I dont think thats happening in 30 minutes. Bird is less scummy then Sand and I think we'd get more interaction info from Sand regardless.

I have more town reads then scum reads on people at this point, namely Shell and Voodoo - both are pretty solidly in my Town list for now.

Voodoofly posted:

I forgot Akay was in the game.

Is Akay new?

Define "New."

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

TammyHEH posted:

gently caress just cuddle me idc birdstrike will do more for town ##vote tammy

:////////////////////

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Hal is at... -6?

Not a fan of this last minute push and Hal reads as more lazy then scum to me, looking over his post history.

Judging by the people around, do we even have 6 votes to swap?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's kind of telling that almost everybody on bird isn't here posting at deadline. I wonder how many are quietly watching though?

I'd prefer not swapping, though to prevent a NL I will. So yeah, I am in fact sitting here just watching quietly~

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

hambeet posted:

what about the stellar argument that people voting birb smell like poop?

will you swap to hal now?

If someone else swaps to Hal ill hammer to prevent the NL, basically.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Shellception posted:

This was my position too, but eh. We're not changing gears at 5 minutes to lunch so it is what it is.

unless someone comes over to Bird i think you and I are the only two around to swap to Hal

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I got the gun from the raid, I was hoping for the drugs.

I got the drugs. They are quite something. *shrug*.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

What the gently caress shut up stop saying all of this oh my god

No. :v:

hambeet posted:

i think you can assume, by virtue of not knowing birdstrikes flip, that it's a janitor in some description. anything else is just noise.

I am disliking that I'm agreeing with hambeet.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Hi, Discord ping has made me realize in my Covid-booster-induced-being-dead-period I should probably catch up. Reading now~

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Anidav posted:

I'm not too sure they are scum and if they aren't then scum are simply having fun making events occur around them?

No one has reported any odd mission outcomes which might imply scum don't sabotage outcomes further than the expected result?

Unless they can rig who gets the item or something to that nature. But I don't want to lose my brain in rabbit holes.

Mechanics speculation and it isnt even really scumhunting mechanics speculation, its just "Hey what if..." speculation.

Anidav posted:

Beet pokes
Birdstrike posts
Tammy lurks
Bowmore lurks
Anidav assumes 4 days in advanced due to modbrain.

That's your auspol mafia ready reckoner.

Moving on, why do all these events such as birdstrike being put up and bowmore being stabbed only happen when Sandwolf is about to be put up as the primary lynch?

I get this post is trying to cast suspicion on Sandwolf, which, makes me torn-
But it reads like such a roundabout way to do it. Distancing maybe?

Anidav posted:

Is the timing of these events a coincidence? I would imagine a janitor woudk be odds or evens, or limited shots and if it is limited shots why use it on birdstrike.

Many questions but never an answer.

"Hmm, Curious! Anyway..."

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Maerlyn posted:

...I don't feel as though Meen is scum or Tammy for that matter...it doesn't really make sense for someone to basically implode in the last hour and draw a bunch of attention to themselves if they are scum just trying to survive the day.

I agree with this, Rereading IMM or Tammy doesn't really read as scum to me, well as of the time of this post.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Shellception posted:

Ok, I too am feeling over here, and it also gives me a good feeling of Mae - this is the kind of play I know and like from her, and I think if she was scum she'd have jumped more onto Sand for the points she raises there.

I was there in deadline. Mae swapped with three minutes left on the flip. There was no "cutting discussion" there, we were all talking over another at that point. The only argument was if Akay or me would swap to Hal or someone would swap to Bird.

Agreed - I don't think anything in the last 10 minutes of D1 was scummy, more just trying to guarantee it didn't end in NL.

Shellception posted:

I also had assumed the order was mission, then lunch, and that was why the flips were oddly timed. I was a bit lost D1 on why Sand was saying we were dooming a mission, but I assumed I had missed some stupid detail (I do have a tendency to that). Honestly, the whole argument about voting people based on their mission feels... eh. It was a good way to kickstart things D1, but taking it that seriously feels odd.

Beet does raise very good points, but Sand is also being very very earnest on his answers on a way that feels kind of... frustated town maybe? I do need to see more from him today that's not heated self-defense today, tbh.

I get the opposite impression of Sand's aggro from it - Reads to me like frustration from playing well as scum but feeling like you're getting singled out on bad logic. Caveat - I agree with Beet on the whole argument and really the over-the-top angryposting is not helping anyone's case. My List has Sand on the Scum side and I think Beet goes on the town side, for now.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

First off, I don't claim to be always correct. Town works with incomplete info and is often wrong.

Second, nice moving of the goal posts.

Lets summarize:

Here Meen says that my play reminds them of a game where they thought I was scum. Which would be fine, until the part where I was town that game, just wrong. When I pointed this out?

They want me dead anyway. Meen is LITERALLY justifying a town lunch here, because 'it wouldn't be a big loss', despite THEY THEMSELVES saying it looks similar to my play in a game where I WAS TOWN.

:psyduck:

Okay actually I am a fan of this, Moving IMM from "probably not" to "Maybe, yeah." Yami goes on the Town side of the board!

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

TammyHEH posted:

##vote tammy

Oh come on!

My pawns in Rimworld are suicidal, let’s not be in this, we still have like 31 hours left in deadline.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Shellception posted:

Honestly, agreed. I'm feeling the same way on Anidav - lots of speculation and gamespeccing, but not much else. He did a couple posts earlier that made me feel momentarily better about him, but he's definitely come back to the old ways. Hm.

I’d be fine with an Anidav lunch, though at this point I think we’re fighting against a Tammy one.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Sombrero, I know that it wasn’t you that specifically claimed but your predecessor, but, does your investigation have a hard limit of once per night? I guess same question to Dead with tracker.

I got the Luciferium from the mission day 1, and I can use it not just on myself but someone else. Doing so gives them 4 actions instead of 2 at night and also makes them immune to wounds or incapacitation for the duration. It lasts three days until possible side effects happen if not dosed again.

Ideally I’d like to use it on one of you two.

Thoughts?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TBH unless something really heinous comes out I'm sticking with the person who didn't sign up for a mission. Why risk a wound?

Unless I’m missing something there’s already 13 on defend and there’s no penalty for 0 people failing the trade caravan?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Shellception posted:

##stone knife Somberbrero
##stone knife Deadmeat5150

:ese: :ese:

Did you just stab both claimed investigators?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Shellception posted:

Just checking if our colony's bulletproof vests are up to code. Nothing to see here, carry on.

How would you know they have bulletproof vests, and if you did, why would you waste two knives in the process?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

It’s weird because deadmeat has only voted once all game and isn’t voting anyone right now. Somber replaced in but hasnt voted either

Yeah Binus, the weird part about this is definitely that neither of them have vibrant voting records.

:psyduck:

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Voodoofly posted:

So maer and I are town confirmed masons and we shot shell last night (technically maer did)

We figure with 9 alive it’s worth coming clean at this point to narrow things down.

I shot Shell with a Short Bow I got night 1

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

what the gently caress that scum are allowed to pull off, so far, four daykills, but town can't even do poo poo during the day

This does feel very fucky for sure.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Uh. How again? I cant! whoo. The only "proof" would be theres mention of an arrow in Shell's flip.

##defend Camp

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
I am willing to just hammer Bee at this point, is there any benefit to keeping the day open longer for conversation?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
Okay does it actually matter if anyone is australian or not? this seems like an awful meta.

Anidav, jump on the Defend camp mission, please.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Nope, I’m town. Tbh idk what I was thinking by voting you. I got a little giddy when submitting the day kills. ##vote akay n1 stole a machine pistol from akay. N2 upgraded it to dual wield. N3 loud redirected any action towards me to shell. That’s why I know voodoo and Mae are scum. I know I’m gonna die but I guarantee you they flip scum

Are you somehow insinuating that I started with a machine pistol? cause this is pretty ridiculous.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

He’s scum, Akay, he’s scrambling to try to survive cuz he scumclaimed with the kill and then realized the flips don’t come later so he should have always tried instead of the scumclaim being reversed into him hitting “two scum.”

tbh im basically just waiting for Anidav to do their mission thing then im planning on just dropping the hammer anyway. actually does it even matter if Anidav does the mission...

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
I shot Anidav last night with an LMG from the Mission.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I am absolutely not voting Akay today.

Every full claim and say what you did last night.

I am a Town-Aligned Bodyguard. Actions made against a person I target are redirected to me.

Night one, I protected Voodoofly and searched for an item - I got A Short Bow.

Night two, I protected Maerlyn, and Used the Short Bow on Shellception.

From yesterday's mission I got an LMG.

Last night, I Used the LMG on Anidav, and protected Yami.

I also have in my inventory the Luciferium from the first days missions - Its good but this game went way more wild then i was expecting so i had hesitated using it due to the downside and figuring this game would go longer... had I known we'd be at Mylo most likely day 4 I would have popped that.

What are you claiming, Sandwolf?

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Akay posted:

I have more town reads then scum reads on people at this point, namely Shell and Voodoo - both are pretty solidly in my Town list for now.

My Day 1 - I just randomed between protecting Voodoo and Shell night 1, landed on Voodoo.

Akay posted:

I agree with this, Rereading IMM or Tammy doesn't really read as scum to me, well as of the time of this post.

My day 2 - just chose Maerlyn on a hunch night 2, i liked her post I referenced in this one and it felt the most level headed read.

Akay posted:

Mechanics speculation and it isnt even really scumhunting mechanics speculation, its just "Hey what if..." speculation.

I get this post is trying to cast suspicion on Sandwolf, which, makes me torn-
But it reads like such a roundabout way to do it. Distancing maybe?

"Hmm, Curious! Anyway..."

This Plus his end of day 3 stuff is why I shot Anidav.

It should be very obvious why I stuck an arrow in Shell, despite my now-apparent wrongness on her alignment up until that point.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
I need to do re-reads. My issue is I want to lunch Sandwolf but I'm not sure if its because i just have an aversion to aggro-play and just consider it scummy out of hand or if I actually think he's scum. Either way I owe him a re-read.

My "gut" says Yami is town over Tobbs. I owe them both re-reads as well at this point, especially with a few scum dead for interactions sake.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

I need to reread still but they were the one that started the push on anidav yesterday while nobody else was really looking at them, so my gut says probably town.

i feel this too - it would be a real gamble to bus your scum partner going into MYLO, unless they didn't expect Anidav to die last night. honestly if that was the gamble it worked.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
The only mission that even makes a lick of sense is the fortifications and, to be honest, I don’t like the idea if we choose to NL today of potentially handing a sniper rifle to scum.

I would be fine foregoing missions altogether today.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Keep in mind these two are in the chronological order:

This seems a little odd.

The latter quote implies that they aren't sure that either of us are town, so why protect me then Akay? And not like, IA or something.

Never had an ok feeling on IA, didn’t think IA would be a target honestly. My list for last night was basically you and Tobbs, and, you seem more town of the two of you. Sandwolf is too divisive a figure to be the target, I’d think.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, no, that's just how bodyguard works usually. Just attacks.

I went for clarification, it is just attacks. So standard bodyguard I guess.

Akay
Apr 7, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't think we can do that. That risks instant loss via someone getting a new weapon.

New weapon or one still in storage, would be an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akay
Apr 7, 2009
That said, I think I’d be fine with the risk NL presents, I won’t live the night, by force I think, so we can, other fuckery not withstanding, pretty much guarantee I get NKed.