Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

this looks ridiculous and will probably be a mess but sure, I'll join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##raid bandit camp because more powerful raids later when we have fewer people able/willing to volunteer sounds bad

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I've confirmed with our mod that missions that don't meet minimum manning requirements are automatically failed (i.e. the colonists required on the first row of the wound table). That means that if nobody else volunteers for the bandit raid future raid missions will require more manpower to succeed when we have fewer people and they're probably not gonna just let us coexist for very long. 10 for defending the crash site and 9 for raiding or 7 for defending the crash site and 12 for raiding the bandits minimizes the wound count in total to just two people.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

G4G has a point about scum preferring to volunteer for safer missions but frankly I'm more suspicious of the people who aren't even bothering to sign up for something; they're preventing missions from reaching better breakpoints so less people are injured in total or so that future missions are more likely to fail.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

okay, I miscounted - birdstrike and me makes 6, so the raid won't fail, but one of us will be incapacitated unless we get three more

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

bowmore posted:

I think #Defend Crash Site because we need more people so nobody gets wounded

There is no way for everyone to avoid wounds unless we intentionally botch the raid mission. Best we can do is 2 total; 1 on both missions or 2 on the raid.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

give it time i'd say.

I have no problem with people possibly hesitating a little before jumping on this since it's complicated but it's not a great sign of cooperation to come when we'll need it a lot more to stop, say, half the camp from blowing up or whatever (I have heard much of Rimworld and none of it bodes well for future missions being light on the possible penalties for failure). the deadline is in 21 hours and it's gonna expire during my work day

bowmore posted:

yeah but risk vs reward

though i'm starting to be tempted

if we go 7 for defending the camp and 12 for raiding, it's 1/12 chance for a given raider to be wounded vs 1/7

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

yeah i'm saying, give it time because people in different timezones could be busy. they'll see it later.

fair enough, no worries

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

bowmore posted:

Noice

I'm not sure why you would go raid the bandit camp when the only benefits are a gun or insanity pills, seems like a trap

failing that one means the raid missions get more powerful. I'm pretty sure that would mean the next time a raid mission showed up, failing it would equal random wounds in addition to the missions getting more powerful and maybe take, like, 8 people to succeed as a floor. putting it aside just because the only consequence is a change to later missions is a great way for us to be short manpower to run essential missions later after we've gone through multiple eliminations. call it a long term investment in keeping a potential serious source of pain later managed, unless you like the sound of the raid's failure penalties later involving multiple incapacitations and taking more people to succeed than we have to throw at it for some reason, in which case do tell

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tobbs we just finished Meaningful Song Mafia where you flipped town after doing poo poo just like this so you're not on my list right yet but I really can't help myself

How the gently caress do you go from this, which you presumably had in mind prior to your vote post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also notice how Shell doesn't call me scum. She just rationalizes that I'm voteable.

to voting someone completely different???

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're wrong but you do you.

I slept on it and I'm gonna ##vote Hal

Is this just what you do all day in every game or is there a reason for it?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Meen is worth a look too. Literally all mechanics posts except for when he saw Yami and Shell pushing me, then he goes after me hard but doesn't vote me. Looks like maybe he's setting himself up to jump on the bandwagon later.

I'd thought the thrust of my post was clear but apparently not. I didn't vote you when I was sure you were scum D1 in our previous game and said as much and I'm not voting you now on D1 when you're acting the same exact way. Got a lot of pings to sort through so I haven't settled on a vote yet but I'm thinking:

bowmore
Maerlyn
IA
Yami
birdstrike
Shellception

as people who look suspicious and I'd vote without reservation. I have work for another 5 hours or so and I don't know when I'll have time to post more before its over.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

to be clear and quick too, these are gutreads I don't mind explaining but call center work doesn't really permit the time to focus on posting fully

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##vote birdstrike to avoid NL

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

bowmore posted:

hello i'm bowmore nice to meet u

hi bowmore I'm Meen nice to meet you too

why didn't you vote anyone yesterday?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Lol at IA going for the weakest vote ever instead of looking at like, anything about the sus af end of day poo poo

Also at this point i kinda want sandwolf shot, regardless of alignment, for this loving idiotic stubbornness about "hurr durr defense scum" when people keep telling him its in fact idiotic, which it is and always will be

That said meen please do explain what the gently caress that driveby vote was about! Let's not forget that we were at least attempting to get tammy up and then bird got suddenly dogpiled in a hilariously scumny way.

In the words of a wise man, that looks like scum shook to me

lol

1. don't have a scumread on Tammy, did on birdstrike, and I said as much earlier in the day
2. you should know drat well I drop in on poo poo at weird times all the time
3. I don't exactly rate my scumreads' scumreads as worth changing my mind over, and you're one of my scumreads
4. as town if the wind is blowing towards one of my scumpicks and a lunch is needed I have never been particular when the alternative is no lunch

this is some weak poo poo Yami

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah but you just completely disappeared after that vote. Between that and the timing I find it pretty suspect.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

bowmore/Tammy/other people who aren't familiar with me: I work the 1040 call center line for the IRS. it drains my social batteries to talk to people all day, but I've done it long enough that they tapped me for leadership BS aka being part of meetings which sometimes allow me to relatively kick back, so sometimes I have greater freedom to post or check in during the day and sometimes less. My first game I was away long enough the only person who thought I was town got turboed, and I died the next day. Since then I've aspired to be more present for things at critical times regardless of whether it looks weird or not

Who GM'd that game again? oh that's right YOU DID

##vote Yami go sell your transparent horseshit on another planet

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Shellception posted:

Ok, I do fully believe you on the busy part, but this here seems like a big OMGUS overreaction. If you really think Yami is scum here you will need a better argument than "didn't remember things that happened in a game he GMed in what, June?", because right now I'm seriously not seeing it and I'm wondering if this is a good excuse to park a vote on him.

The Yami I scummed with was really really aggro. This game he is not at all sounding like it to me. Yeah, people can change between one game and another, but you of all people have a great memory for past games, so what gives?

(Also please, don't feel rushed to answer me. I know it's late over there)

It's almost 2:00 AM so I kinda need to be asleep and then work a while after I wake up... long story short, I don't think the Tammy alt choice felt like a town pick, more choosing a lurker out of a hat and not the most clear of the bunch, among other things. I haven't fully reviewed that part of D1 though so if there's more to see then I'll have time to concentrate for certain in about 14 hours. As for your claim about Yami's scum vs. town meta I didn't read or play in that game; I haven't seen Yami's scum game in a game I've played or observed, but this reminds me of a game I also thought he was scum and Bif isn't around this time to explain it. I have receipts from the Gnosia confessional that show he's not really kosher on the claim he barely pays attention to people's confessionals generally but I would like it to be the proper weekend first before I bother with that.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not going to comment on this hilariously silly OMGUS that much more but in case you're talking about Monster Mash, please do try to remember that I was, in fact, town there Meen

you believed Bif was town with reads worth trusting and I was the SK when neither of those things were true. admittedly I'm not good at distinguishing wrong town from scum but I'd argue that wrong town can really easily be worse than scum for town so if it's a misfire it's one I will live with.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

still decompressing but in the interest of 0 wounds ##defend base camp

even if it weren't for Hal getting shot and bowmore becoming incapacitated, we'd have to agree on the elimination first before staffing both missions and that ain't loving happening

this way we just need two more on the mission to be free in choice of lunch

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hambeet posted:

i think we just hit 13 with you?

11. Sandy
12. Somberero
13. you

didn't count before posting, but if one of the 13 is lunched, the mission goes back down a peg to doling out a wound between the other 12. that's why we need one more person to join at least

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

so all that fighting about missions yesterday didn't get any clear resolutions but this time Tammy isn't showing up to make sure the lunch doesn't result in someone getting wounded presumably per her claim she's a pacifist. I don't know what kind of pacifist can join a defense mission where one of the rewards is a spear but uses their pacifism as an excuse to sit out another. don't have a particularly scummy read of her but I can't think of a town reason to act like this so ##vote Tammy

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

watch as she suddenly appears out of nowhere to join the mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

This was fun and town thief is a great role. Shame I couldn't steal scum's weapons for myself but them's the breaks