Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

i ordered a everdrive 64 a while ago but usps just says this

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i will be playing this on ORIGINAL HARDWARE

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i still have my 64, but i might have sold my cart to someone when i got my ps2. just foolish

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I got the tude now posted:

i still have my 64, but i might have sold my cart to someone when i got my ps2. just foolish

you should get an everdrive

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
its on the menu for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bomberman 64 owns.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a 64 but I don’t have this game or an Everdrive. Sad!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a 64 but I don’t have this game or an Everdrive. Sad!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154096090954?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i will have to see if this runs on the wii n64 emulator

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

i will have to see if this runs on the wii n64 emulator

:pray:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

i'm gonna pick a weird one, Bomberman 64

a deceptively challenging puzzle platformer on the 64, you can beat it in like six hours if you just go to the ending, but if you learn to stack up bombs, you can bounce across gaps, up stairs made of bombs and find secrets everywhere. bosses are also interesting, where you earn gold cards not just by defeating them quickly, but finding hidden interactions in the fight. i think you could make 3 badges, one for finishing, one for 100 cards, and one for the true ending (psychos only)

it's also my favorite version of bomberman multiplayer

hell yeah good choice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need to beat TokiMemo before the deadline but I don’t wanna sit at my computer to do it. Does it work on SD2SNES

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i haven't played bomberman 64 in seven forevers but i remember it being super charming, i'll have to give it a shot

elf help book posted:

they started shipping pre-war orders again recently after moving their stuff to a place that isn't a smoking crater

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1509808187117117441

best of luck getting yours

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

it is ahh... problematic. i know my rpi3 probably won't fare any better so guess ill play on my compy if i feel like it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Game 9:

Bomberman 64 (N64) - 1997 - Deadline 4/22/22 11:59PM EST

Bomberman 64 is the first 3D game within the Bomberman series. It implements a different single-player mode by incorporating action-adventure and platforming stages instead of arenas in which enemies or other elements must be destroyed. This new variety of single-player game was well-received by critics for its imagination and depth, though most critics also deemed the multiplayer mode to be lacking compared to previous entries in the series.

When Bomberman takes damage, he dies

In every stage there are five gold cards to collect (100 total). Once all gold cards have been collected, the player can unlock the secret world, Rainbow Palace. After all the gold cards have been collected from there (an additional 20, making a grand total of 120 Gold Cards) the player unlocks more courses in multiplayer mode plus the "Full Power" cheat option. With the cheat activated, Bomberman starts with 8 bombs, 5 flames, power bombs, and remote bombs.

I love late 90s game soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3rROqsZnTs

Challenge Badges this week by Sub-Actuality

: Beat the game

: Get 100 cards

: True Ending (Psychos Only)

Game starts at midnight EST on 4/16/22

Good luck and have fun!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Updated OP with link to game 9 as well as updated determination list picks

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thanks for running this, it's been cool to read even I couldn't participate. also, good picks, all. :cheers:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You want one of us to rename the thread now, or wait for the 16th?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
just wait because we have some stragglers to Tokimeki lol - want to give them time

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Debating getting a Shiori run in before the deadline but the disappointed expression she gives is killing me

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

it is ahh... problematic. i know my rpi3 probably won't fare any better so guess ill play on my compy if i feel like it

rats… i’ll have to go the pc route.

this game rules though. my brother and i spent hours and hours in the multiplayer, but i never really touched the single player so this’ll be fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got Tokimemo on my SD2SNES and it works perfectly. I'm going to get a badge before the deadline

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Just started playing tonight, got to Summer year two. Aimed for Yuina but might actually end up with Shiori, go figure.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

Just started playing tonight, got to Summer year two. Aimed for Yuina but might actually end up with Shiori, go figure.

oh? :smugmrgw:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

Oh you stupid, stupid gently caress lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Oh you stupid, stupid gently caress lol

I had a solid two weeks where Shiori asked me to walk home every other day. I still have a pretty good score with her but I probably am locked into Yuina at this point.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i'm gonna pick a weird one, Bomberman 64

a deceptively challenging puzzle platformer on the 64, you can beat it in like six hours if you just go to the ending, but if you learn to stack up bombs, you can bounce across gaps, up stairs made of bombs and find secrets everywhere. bosses are also interesting, where you earn gold cards not just by defeating them quickly, but finding hidden interactions in the fight. i think you could make 3 badges, one for finishing, one for 100 cards, and one for the true ending (psychos only)

it's also my favorite version of bomberman multiplayer

nice pick, this should be fun!

might try to cram another TokiMemo run in before the end of the day, gotta get them IZGC badges.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Probably not gonna finish anything for the deadline but I see myself playing more tokimemo for fun down the line. It's really well crafted as far as the balance between the stat building and bomb management stuff and the silly character moments. There's probably a temptation to cram constant special events and dialogue into a project like this, but they wisely held back so you'll have a few weeks of just studying math or whatever in between alligator attacks and heartfelt confessions. At the same time though they gave everyone enough charm and personality that you aren't just mashing skip through dates without paying attention. Konami made a full fledged Game here.

Looking forward to Bomberman.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

everything was going fine until my final year... everyone was happy and it was going great with shiori :negative:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

god drat IT

tmfc posted:

trophies

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

everything was going fine until my final year... everyone was happy and it was going great with shiori :negative:

welcome to the virgin club lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

god drat IT

lol

Year 2:

Year 4:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Year 2:

Year 4:

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Year 2:

Year 4:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Year 2:

Year 4:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Year 2:

Year 4:

lol