Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

loving THIS perspective on 4-3

just got to this part. this is the product of a diseased mind lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

alright well still pick a new game Arrhythmia

:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

played through the first world thi smorning, this was definitely a game i rented a half dozen times as a kid and never finished, same with the sequel. i remembered why pretty quick...these bosses...woof

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

super fun game, the bosses were pretty tough and some of the puzzles were pretty obtuse, or maybe i'm just a loving idiot. the last world was a bit tedious with all the back and forths. i definitely don't have the patience to go for 100 cards lol

tmfc posted:

trophies

edited to include my final gold card count

tmfc fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 22, 2022

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

loving THIS perspective on 4-3

this sucked so much!!!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

got the passive aggressive bad ending and watched a city full of bomberpeople get demolished during the credits lol

am I going to try to find 37 more cards? maybe...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

tmfc posted:

this sucked so much!!!

I realized in like the last 5 minutes of this level that it was much much easier to just walk forward and rotate the camera to get around

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I'm gonna do this

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

I'm gonna do this

drat so close

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Do we have the next game yet?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
we do know, I'm just waiting for Arrhythmia to answer my PMs lol

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I forgot to check how many cards I ended up with probably only around 25 tops. I had fun but somehow my work is already busy getting ready for memorial day weekend so hopefully the next game is nice and short too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I forgot to check how many cards I ended up with probably only around 25 tops. I had fun but somehow my work is already busy getting ready for memorial day weekend so hopefully the next game is nice and short too.

oh I'm sure it will be

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

rodbeard posted:

:mrgw:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

rodbeard posted:

heh heh heh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh boy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hope the next game is for gameboy or phone since thats all i have access to for the next 2 weeks

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Game 10

Dark Cloud (PS2) - 2001 - Deadline 5/24/22 11:59EST

Dark Cloud is an action role-playing video game developed by Level-5 and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 2. Originally intended as a launch title for the system in March 2000, the game was eventually released in Japan in December 2000, in North America in May 2001, and in Europe in September 2001. A spiritual sequel, Dark Chronicle (called Dark Cloud 2 in North America), was released in Japan in 2002 and worldwide the following year.

Uniquely combining the mechanisms of action role-playing games with elements of city-building games, Dark Cloud tells the story of a group of adventurers who band together to fight against the Dark Genie, who has attacked and destroyed many villages. The main protagonist and player character is Toan, a boy who is given a magical stone called the Atlamillia by Simba, the Fairy King, granting him the power to rebuild the destroyed lands.

In December 2015, the game was made available via emulation for the PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network.

The game has an incredible soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VyQyUeBRg

This game was picked knowing that is a 30 hour RPG - so we are giving it the full month treatment and we really haven't done a JRPG yet. I don't want it to be all the time but I feel like playing 8 hours a week should be enough to clear this for most people.

Challenge Badges this week by Sub-Actuality

: Clear the first dungeon

: Beat the game

: Clear the Demon Shaft

Note on the Demon Shaft:

The Demon Shaft is an extra dungeon, only found on US releases of this game. You can find the Demon Shaft after you beat the game, view the ending, and save it: the option will now be in the middle of the world map when you reload that saved game. The Demon Shaft is a long, 100-floor dungeon that has an extremely difficult boss battle at the end; after beating this boss, you will be given access to Toan's Chronicle 2 weapon, his ultimate weapon.

Thanks for the pick Arrhythmia and have fun everyone! Game starts on 4/27/22 at 12AM EST. Good Luck!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
updated the OP

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

looking forward to maybe actually completing a JRPG

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i will not be able to play as i will need to play at least 16 hours a week to make up time once i get home. its on my to-play list anyway

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

i will not be able to play as i will need to play at least 16 hours a week to make up time once i get home. its on my to-play list anyway

thats only uh.. *counting on fingers* 2... 3 hours a day ? its doable

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dark Cloud is dope and it's also one of those games where I ended up getting like 80% through the game before dropping it for one reason or another

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Trophy Case

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 20, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
never played dark cloud and i'm not much of a jrpg head nowadays, but hell, how hard could the first-dungeon badge be?

manual
no-interlacing patches for pcsx2 (makes this game and many others less blurry. throw into "cheats" folder and check system > game settings > enable cheats)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Game 10

Dark Cloud (PS2) - 2001 - Deadline 5/24/22 11:59EST

Dark Cloud is an action role-playing video game developed by Level-5 and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 2. Originally intended as a launch title for the system in March 2000, the game was eventually released in Japan in December 2000, in North America in May 2001, and in Europe in September 2001. A spiritual sequel, Dark Chronicle (called Dark Cloud 2 in North America), was released in Japan in 2002 and worldwide the following year.

Uniquely combining the mechanisms of action role-playing games with elements of city-building games, Dark Cloud tells the story of a group of adventurers who band together to fight against the Dark Genie, who has attacked and destroyed many villages. The main protagonist and player character is Toan, a boy who is given a magical stone called the Atlamillia by Simba, the Fairy King, granting him the power to rebuild the destroyed lands.

In December 2015, the game was made available via emulation for the PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network.

The game has an incredible soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VyQyUeBRg

This game was picked knowing that is a 30 hour RPG - so we are giving it the full month treatment and we really haven't done a JRPG yet. I don't want it to be all the time but I feel like playing 8 hours a week should be enough to clear this for most people.

Challenge Badges this week by Sub-Actuality

: Clear the first dungeon

: Beat the game

: Clear the Demon Shaft

Note on the Demon Shaft:

The Demon Shaft is an extra dungeon, only found on US releases of this game. You can find the Demon Shaft after you beat the game, view the ending, and save it: the option will now be in the middle of the world map when you reload that saved game. The Demon Shaft is a long, 100-floor dungeon that has an extremely difficult boss battle at the end; after beating this boss, you will be given access to Toan's Chronicle 2 weapon, his ultimate weapon.

Thanks for the pick Arrhythmia and have fun everyone! Game starts on 4/27/22 at 12AM EST. Good Luck!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dank Cloud

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
shart cloud.

just playin :) wanted to try this a while

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drew Curtis' Fark Cloud

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Dark Cloud 1 and 2 are decent.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats only uh.. *counting on fingers* 2... 3 hours a day ? its doable

im going to try, but really I'll probably finish it 4 months from now lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

seriously determined

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

seriously determined

What’s left

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Just one card to find in the 2nd lava level & the fifth cards on 2 bosses. You have to get all 5 boss cards in one fight and I’ve only managed to get 4 for the last boss & the harvester robot

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Just one card to find in the 2nd lava level & the fifth cards on 2 bosses. You have to get all 5 boss cards in one fight and I’ve only managed to get 4 for the last boss & the harvester robot

The boss cards on t he world 5 cards are stupid hard yeah: it’s where I gave up years ago

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

got 100 cards, I don't honestly know what I did differently to get the 5th one on the last boss. pure dumb luck

going to try out the rainbow palace but I have a bad feeling lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
o7 dude

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sub-Actuality posted:

got 100 cards, I don't honestly know what I did differently to get the 5th one on the last boss. pure dumb luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

nice work, wonder how that last level plays. gonna go for the extra 20 cards?