Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Cubone posted:

sure

(said in the tone of a character in a video game where characters say sure or ok when you select them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFhxgSGXrc

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Went into a tiny door in a tree and got immediately attacked by a bunch of bees. This game seems incomprehensible so far.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
literally me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I hath discovered Gems

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm starting the game now and immediately jumped into the room above the spawn point and lost half my health trying to figure out how to open the chest at the bottom, giving up, and getting out again..please send prayers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He paused it and left the NES on and also placed a shoe in front of the NES so his mom wouldn't see the orange light and turn it off overnight.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Enemies spawning seemingly infinitely is super annoying yeah.

Note: I haven't made it out of the tree yet, maybe it's different outside of the tree.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's the 24th homies. Cool your jets lest we end up with a suggestion of Borderlands 3.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll make the trophy icons since you already hosed it up.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Joan posted:

Oh god.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright, finally playing this turd for real now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's wrong? Couldn't find a Simpsons screengrab to post about it? :twisted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You wanna play? It's free on Game Pass. I'll invite you. C'mon bro, just log on.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dagger of Throwing ftw. This game rules now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Alright, just made it to the tree with the plinko rear end roots. This game sucks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pressing Select to kick a giant skull in the face(?) for maximum damage ftw.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Died because I accidentally picked up Lavawalk boots. Restarting to try and bang out the challenge run. Lmao at how much better the second level is than the first. What the hell were they thinking?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Esmerelda saved. Immediately fell into a volcano and died, thank God your items stick with you after a continue. I don't think I could live without my Dagger of Power.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh my God I'm back in the plinko tree only this time I'm going up it?! Christ on a cracker!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's great that when you find a hidden gem it actually impedes your jump like a kaizo block in Mario. Thanks a lot guys. Love it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This castle wall section is deranged. I'm going to kill myself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I made it to the top but I don't have the pink key? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bro the map stopped updating but there's still more levels? This is loving bullshit.

Also lmao but I thought for a second that Larry was gonna be the final boss.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did I softlock myself or does the game really expect me to sit here farming this enemy spam for 10 minutes just to pay the gem fee? Bullshit!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Great final boss arena. Who the gently caress designed this? A two year old?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
IS HE HEALING?!!!?!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Muscle Wizard posted:

beat the first level and it merely took 3 continues.
Bro you got 2 hours lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

It is done. Surprisingly great feeling platforming which is rare for an NES game, but the enemy spam is just atrocious. The levels were cool enough but could have benefited from a minimap which was probably a bit before its time. I found a suspicious pink chest in the second to last area that I never found the key for, kinda curious if there was something cool in there or if it was just more gems.

Oh also, extremely generous continue system. I was worried I was gonna have to climb that drat castle wall again but it basically spawns you right where you died.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

you can kick open the chests
The only place I ever found boots was the first area and I lost them when I picked up another item that overwrote them. Is there a way to see what's in the chest before picking it up or cancel getting an item or something. Otherwise you'd just have to memorize which chests had the bad items in them.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had the levitation juice and I still couldn't get up there to get it (kept slipping down the hill). I ended up riding a perfectly positioned bubble all the way up and then jumping at the right time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Muscle Wizard posted:

update: i did it.

Muscle Wizard posted:

bro the lil gap before the red key...are you serious?
I thought that's what you meant when you said I did it lmao.

You can keep trying the bubble or kill a bunch of flames and hope they drop a blue potion which gives you a speed boost.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The dust, methinks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Gah! He's stretching my face-body!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyUninterestedChipmunkPMSTwin-S_5KktMdgqpNAxnR

That reminded me, does the scroll actually exist in the game? I don't think I ever saw one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sorry, the electron microscope is booked this week.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
hltb says 1.5 hours so I'll be starting this challenge in exactly 6 days and 4 hours.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I read it as beat it on hard OR beat it without continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Have you tried attacking the weak point for massive damage OP?