Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wizards & Warriors

: Beat the game
: Beat the first two levels without continuing

Pocky and Rocky 2

: Beat the game.

Code Name: Viper

: Complete the first stage on Difficult without killing any enemies (0 pts scored)

Tokimeki Memorial
: Kissless, Hugless, Hand-Holdless Virgin for Life

Dark Cloud

: Clear the first dungeon

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
: Beat "Birth" Mode (clear the game once)
: Beat "ReBirth" mode (clear the game a second)

Metal Gear
Beat the MSX (or PS2 port) game:

Escape the final sequence without cigarettes:

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Beat the game -

Find the Hidden Tape -

Metal Gear Solid

Beat the Game -

Save Meryl -

Text Adventure Week

Beat 1 game :
: Beat all four text adventures

Nightshade

: Protect all four Artifacts and complete the Staff of Ra

Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
: Finish every level, including secrets (31 on the save screen)

Wario Land 4
: Beat the game on Normal
: Collect all 16 CDs (aside from Karaoke)

Dragon Quest

: Rescue Princess Gwaelin
: Find Erdrick's Armor, Erdrick's Sword, and the Silver Shield
: Accept the Dragonlord's offer

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
: Rescue 50 slimes
: Defeat Slival once and for all
: Beat Tank Masters Ultimate Rank

Super Metroid
: Get the best ending

Super Mario World
: Bring Autumn to Dinosaur Land

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

loved ths game as a kid, it'll be cool to see if it holds up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

: Beat the first two levels without continuing

that gor real close lol. dagger of throwing ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

man i gotta ask you something you were like one of 5 people ive ever had on my ignore list and ive got no idea why did you used to suck massive amounts

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

also don't try to fight this guy

when i ws a kid i'd stand there and try to fight him for as long as i could, longest i made it was two minutes m'lord

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

The game is kind of a dogshit mess but it's fun so I beat it a hundred times as a kid

its a cool mess with some neat stuff in it which makes it better thn like 70% of nes games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

went back and did the other challenge (was risky since on my last life of first continue)

Week Completed

hell yeah dude. stage 2s so much easier than stage 1 going continueless imo, the flies and hornets in 1 are the scariest things in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the bees in the second half of stage 1 kicked my loving rear end even though I knew what to do

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeh shoutouts to the larry cameo in stage 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-WtpRb82v0&t=246s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thre we go, found a screencap

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

kuros' mighty boot

boot ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joan posted:

I thought about it today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

iron sword is kind o cool with how big the levels are but the bosses can all suck me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I think we will get the next game picked on Monday so I have time to make challenges and trophies, probably have people pick a RNG between 1-20 and have the winner decide

maybe like go in placeholder post order for the rng so people dont have to pick numbers?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

dont like seeing those evil goblins in the treetop 😒

boost off a bee, get up there and kick their rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished it off, had to walk back in forth in the hallway before the final boss for 5 minutes to get enough gems lol.

yep

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Nominating 'dying to the purple ghosts that appear when you kill a boss' as one of the worst feeling gaming fails

this happened to my on the last boss and i just went to bed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps, don't gently caress up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

playing this now. if i'd started earlier i think i would have gone for the no continues because it feels like it just would have been learning level 1. it's not even all the climbing, it's figuring out where everything is so that you can fall to stuff from the right door, lol. i'll probably beat it, infinite continues owns.

yeah its basically all routing to spend as little time s possible in the main forest area nd the tree before the boss. honestly it only took me like an hour and a half but i played the hell out of this as a kid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

this was about how far i got without losing a life and then i game over'd while i was trying to figure out where to jump next, lol.

i made some notes, though. if i can get to the end early enough, i'll try.

tbh thats pretty good, you just need to figure out how to get a couple of key items from there nd get some gems. that's like 40% of the routing done tho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th treetops arent bad if you get good at bouncing off insects for the boost to get up there, you pretty much just run through nd get the shield/gems

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

furthermore, it is both absurd and disrespectful to present galadriel in such away. do the stamper brothers really expect me to believe that the lady of lothlorian galadriel the fair princess of the noldor, one of the few eldar remaining in middle earth who were blessed to see the light of the two trees in valinor and crossed the seas to take part in the war of wrath against morgoth, was captured by a giant googley eyed boot or w/e??? get real.

this. to say NOTHING about the misinterpretation of th keingdom of elrond

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you're crazy, its atleast in the 90th percentile of good NES games lol

i like this game but thats barely a compliment

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goggle-eyed pervert who runs rare: come, step into my van and play the game that kicked hydlide, festers quest, and deadly towers rear end!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joan posted:

Oh god.

welcume 2 imp zone motherfucker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

deadly towers aint too far off from this game, its sloppy but pretty lenient

deadly towers is 100% incomprehensible wthout a guide and this at least has an ok manual

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i remember hearin axelay was cool, good pic rookie

oh yaeh i put together a list of games from th first two game clubs:

super punch out
alien soldier
the legend of zelda
symphony of the night
super hang on
gargoyle's quest
mystical ninja starring goemon/goemon's great adventure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

>games that should be easily cleared
>goemon's great adventure

lol for real. and you had to beat mystical ninja he same week lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

:hai: imo games like sotn also shouldnt be nominated because its something everyone has either played or intends to, people should be using it as a chance to nominate fun little games that might easily have been missed

see, i liked playin sotn because it gave me an excuse to do the luck run that i'd been meanin to do for a while. i definitely agree that most of them should be little gems and short games but its nice to have a classic now and then. like if someone picked mario 64 i wouldnt mind playing that for a week or two

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actually ify ou do the run to the end strat only one of the medium bats spawns in the big swarm and two shots with the dagger should kill all the little ones before they come next to you, flailing wildly wth the sword should kill the other medium one pretty quickly. from there its just dodging the two medium bats that spawn and then the big bat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its badass that in a game with six select button items three of them basically dont do anything and one of the others sucks completely

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joan posted:

Does the Cloak of Darkness actually reduce the damage you take? It didn't seem to for me

it does but it reduces damaged 1 iif the attack would do more and theres like three enemies in the game that do more than 1 damage at a hit lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

The cloak also doesn't work on bosses which are the only enemies who reliably do > 1 damage that you might want to tank.

lol cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joan posted:

Excerpt

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i had the mega man 2 one, it was badass but it gave the wrong boss order as an "exclusive tip" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6_XJHcHg7I