Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jimmy G deserves more credit for only throwing one atrocious red zone pick against the Packers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
So what about Mr. Rodgers? He spoke with media after yesterday's loss and said he doesn't want to be part of a Packers rebuild, if that's the direction in which the team chooses to move.

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-on-future-in-green-bay-i-don-t-want-to-be-part-of-a-rebuild-if-i-m

He's not a free agent yet, though. There are some speculating that Aaron wants to become Ben Roethlisberger's successor in Pittsburgh, but it would take a trade to make that happen. The Steelers have plenty of cap space but also some big decisions to make about resigning veteran players.

The Packers are hosed at QB without Rodgers, however. Jordan Love hasn't shown signs of being "that guy." They'll either cling to Rodgers for one more year or maybe land a promising QB through a trade.

Nov 6, 2002

Even under contract Rodgers holds all the cards over the Packers organization.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm honestly kind of hoping the Colts sign Foles just to see if Carson's head explodes

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jimmy G deserves more credit for only throwing one atrocious red zone pick against the Packers.

His final line doesn't look great, but the 49ers receivers also had stone hands early in the game and kept dropping passes. Kittle in particular was wide open and had room to run down the field for a while IIRC

The INT was uh.. awful. Just throw it away handsome one :doh:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jimmy G has a relatively weak arm but he is above average in what he does well, he's good before the play, he's accurate and has good touch and placement on the short and intermediate routes and Shanahan for the criticism he gets has put together good crossing and flooding schemes that take advantage of those strengths.

The issues in his game start to emerge when teams take away the flooding cross routes as he simply doesn't have the arm to throw a line drive on a 15 out like the plus arm guys. He's safe when asked go throw a fade on a stick route to Kittle but he does throw INTs when he tries for a line drive type throw and the DBs have an opportunity to break on the ball.

Its why I always joke that Jimmy is good for at least one INT chance a quarter. There will be an important drive where the running game gets stopped or a screen gets stopped and it ends up 3rd and long and the crossing routes can be taken up with a cover 2 scheme and the 49ers have to throw a more traditional more vertical pass.

Its also why they have an offensive cast of dynamic after the catch guys and drafted Lance who they hope can grow into that touch type passer but also has the arm to laser those concepts when the high percentage stuff is taken away.

I think Jimmy would actually be a fit in Carolina not with the scheme and coaches but with the personnel. Him simply giving cmc and Moore and Anderson touch passes in space would be extremely effective if Rhule and McAdoo have those types of plays in their playbook.

I know when Eli was in the twilight of his career McAdoo was able to dial up more quick drops and shorter high percentage stuff but Eli always had a rifle to get in tight windows Jimmy simply doesn't have.

I think anyone from that Shanahan or McVay world would be a solid fit for Jimmy to go to. I don't see a lot of guys out there atm though

I also think a genius like they have in New Orleans could be pretty effective with him too.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

CocoaNuts posted:

BTW, he's 33-14 for his career in the regular season.

Now he's 4-1 in the playoffs

It's wilder than that. Not including playoffs, because the 9ers aren't in the playoffs without Garoppolo, Kyle Shanahan is 8-28 without Jimmy G, and 31 and 14 with him, with the Super Bowl appearance, and at least another NFC Championship appearance. That is some Peyton Manning with the Colts level of disparity.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I don't know if it is that clean looking at win/loss record with or without Jimmy G, every year he has been injured so has everyone else on the team. Jimmy G is like QB#20 in the league, a bunch are better, but also a bunch are worse. His flaw is just terrible picks in the red zone so it feels a lot more painful. My prediction is Jimmy G to Denver for a 2nd + change.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
How about Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1485244771446706178

Think he'll finally call it a career? If so, who steps up? Can Kyle Trask become the starter by next season?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
A whole off season of 2 old white millionaires doing the football version of The Decision

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CocoaNuts posted:

Think he'll finally call it a career? If so, who steps up? Can Kyle Trask become the starter by next season?

I think he could but I think he'll have one more shot. If Tom retires the Buccs as a whole are probably due a rebuild - I would assume Leftwich would take a gig elsewhere, Arians probably retires again, Gronk would be gone - a few other guys would probably not re-sign (a fair few are on cheap one year deals to run it back). Buccs would be OK if things went well over the next few years and they're in a weak division but if Brady retires the organisation would be set back two to three years imo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BlindSite posted:

if Brady retires the organisation would be set back two to three years imo.
Awesome QBs don’t just fall into your lap. If Brady retires they join the mass of teams who are already dead in the water without one. Could be 2-3 years. Could be 20-30.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Awesome QBs don’t just fall into your lap. If Brady retires they join the mass of teams who are already dead in the water without one. Could be 2-3 years. Could be 20-30.

Let's be honest here, it's the Bucs, it's 20-30.

Also, Arians already said he's not retiring.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brady needs to play another year. I need to see him close like Big Ben.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fsif posted:

Brady needs to play another year. I need to see him close like Big Ben.

Phrasing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CocoaNuts posted:

So what about Mr. Rodgers? He spoke with media after yesterday's loss and said he doesn't want to be part of a Packers rebuild, if that's the direction in which the team chooses to move.

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-on-future-in-green-bay-i-don-t-want-to-be-part-of-a-rebuild-if-i-m

He's not a free agent yet, though. There are some speculating that Aaron wants to become Ben Roethlisberger's successor in Pittsburgh, but it would take a trade to make that happen. The Steelers have plenty of cap space but also some big decisions to make about resigning veteran players.

The Packers are hosed at QB without Rodgers, however. Jordan Love hasn't shown signs of being "that guy." They'll either cling to Rodgers for one more year or maybe land a promising QB through a trade.

I don't really see why the Packers would be rebuilding. They are still a great team and it's not like they completely mortgaged the future for this run. They would have just as good a chance to win it next year as they did this year. The definitely don't have the greatest cap situation, that's true, but a lot of that can be smoked and mirrored away.

IMO this is mainly just Rodgers feeling sorry for himself

CocoaNuts posted:

No I do not

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Brady's coming back but not for the Bucs. Steelers have their choice of Wilson, Rodgers, and Brady - they all (rightfully) like Tomlin and it's probably the team closest to "a qb away from a ring". I'm not sure how many coaches wanna deal with Rodgers extra drama, and Wilson carries a nice chunk of Ciara baggage (they spend a lotta time on their start up companies).

The real exciting QB is where does the NVP end up, and how much of Daboll/Allen he's picked up. Potential that Daboll/NVP are a package deal - especially at the Giants?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Little early to smoke weed on a Monday but I’ll support it

Nov 6, 2002

FREE MINSHEW

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Brady's coming back but not for the Bucs. Steelers have their choice of Wilson, Rodgers, and Brady - they all (rightfully) like Tomlin and it's probably the team closest to "a qb away from a ring". I'm not sure how many coaches wanna deal with Rodgers extra drama, and Wilson carries a nice chunk of Ciara baggage (they spend a lotta time on their start up companies).

Was this generate by an AI?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All three of those guys are under contract and not even on the market. The Steelers probably draft one of the guys who need some time to sit and sign like... Nick Foles for a year as a bridge.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

All three of those guys are under contract and not even on the market. The Steelers probably draft one of the guys who need some time to sit and sign like... Nick Foles for a year as a bridge.

Ryan Fitzpatrick seems like the guy for the job.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Rodgers to the Bucs, Brady to the Packers

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why would anyone want be behind that steelers oline

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

syzpid posted:

Rodgers to the Bucs, Brady to the Packers

I always had dreamed that the Bucs would go from Brady to Rodgers once he retired but now I'd honestly rather have Gabbert or Trask.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The real exciting QB is where does the NVP end up, and how much of Daboll/Allen he's picked up. Potential that Daboll/NVP are a package deal - especially at the Giants?

Saints are the team closest to "a qb away from a ring"

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Honestly Saints are probably a playoff team if Jameis stays healthy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Simplex posted:

Honestly Saints are probably a playoff team if Jameis stays healthy.
They probably get a wild card comfortably. I mean, the three-headed monster of Siemian, Hill, and Book was basically uniformly dire and they still managed to finish 9-8 and shut out the Bucs.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pimpcasso posted:

why would anyone want be behind that steelers oline

They may not be as bad as Ben made them look. That's at least possible.

Still pretty bad.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe Brady wants to play behind a garbage line to see if he can do it, like when you try to see how far you can hit a golf ball with a putter

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

CocoaNuts posted:

I love how earlier in the year it was all "Brady wants to play until he's 50", now after being outplayed by Stafford he's not sure if he wants to play anymore. :lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MakaVillian posted:

I love how earlier in the year it was all "Brady wants to play until he's 50", now after being outplayed by Stafford he's not sure if he wants to play anymore. :lol:

Maybe Giselle's gone all Lysistrata on him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MakaVillian posted:

I don't believe it for a second anyways. Brady has never and will never put his family above his legacy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Right, you think Brady would ever just stop playing without advance warning? He'd miss a chance to hock some nonsense via The Final Season marketing?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

I don't believe it for a second anyways. Brady has never and will never put his family above his legacy.

I mean, the guys arguably the greatest of all time, holds every single record a QB can hold, has more SB rings than anyone ever and won one without Billy 5 aces. I think his legacy is secure.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

BlindSite posted:

I mean, the guys arguably the greatest of all time, holds every single record a QB can hold, has more SB rings than anyone ever and won one without Billy 5 aces. I think his legacy is secure.

It is but as fsif pointed out Brady hasn't properly exploited his last season financially.

This is the same mf who has documentaries on about him while real nfl games are going on.
He's doing SiriusXM shows and plugging Ring Alarm systems and crypto practically right out of the shower after the game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I think Brady really wanted to try for back-to-back Superbowls one more time and losing that really leaves him with coming back for one more season to do something he's done 7 times now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

pasaluki posted:

It is but as fsif pointed out Brady hasn't properly exploited his last season financially.

This is the same mf who has documentaries on about him while real nfl games are going on.
He's doing SiriusXM shows and plugging Ring Alarm systems and crypto practically right out of the shower after the game.

It's a good point, but he's estimated to be worth something like 250million dollars in his own right. I mean...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I agree but try telling that to a perfectionist megalomaniac who seems perfectly willing to slap his name on literally anything if it earns him a buck.

If he does retire I doubt his family will be the reason, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

I agree but try telling that to a perfectionist megalomaniac who seems perfectly willing to slap his name on literally anything if it earns him a buck.

If he does retire I doubt his family will be the reason, anyways.

At least not until that lip heals.