Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I think there's going to zero established QBs moving this year and if a team needs a QB they are looking at either a lovely rookie or a journeyman stopgap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think Brady really wanted to try for back-to-back Superbowls one more time and losing that really leaves him with coming back for one more season to do something he's done 7 times now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

An Aaron Rodgers for Tannehill swap makes a lot of sense actually

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I would imagine that that Rodgers is going to have a lot of suitors, Green Bay can probably get two firsts at least. There’s probably 8 teams you could make a case that are a good QB away from a deep playoff run.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

One thing I heard a podcast bring up one time is that kids are playing tackle football from a young age anymore, it's a ton of 7 on 7 flag football until high school. So instead of peewee kids running the ball 100 times a game, the kids are are going to be NFL quarterbacks one day are throwing thousands of passes before reaching high school. I think it was the 2017 draft class that fully grew up this way.

BiggerBoat posted:

One thing not on there that I've always wondered about is if it's possible that video games, particularly the Madden series, might contribute a little bit. It sounds far fetched but hear me out. Generations of QB's and players in general have grown up with the series and a high percentage of NFL players play Madden even now. All sorts of occupations use computer simulations for training purposes and I know that playing the video game has opened up my personal understanding to a lot how the game works; coverages, route concepts, pre-snap reads, passing route progressions, hot routes, timing, blitz adjustments and even stuff like clock management.

I wonder if the overall effect of this might be an overall higher football IQ for players and for QB's in particular? I think it's plausible and don't see how it's tremendously different than the film study that teams have always used, minus the AI deficiencies and CPU cheese tactics endemic to the series that aren't realistic. Like, there's no "money plays" in the NFL of course but basics and fundamentals I feel can be learned from the game.

This is definitely something I've heard brought up a few times now as well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Seattle makes a lot of sense for Baker, they have a Shanahan-tree OC so he would be running a lot of the same stuff he was running in Cleveland. Their offensive line is a loving mess though so he would probably get pasted.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Career Stats - 45 TD passes, 5 TD rushes, 29 Interceptions, 36 Fumbles

lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The way the Titans lost that game, especially after coming as the one seed with a bye was loving brutal and I could definitely see how Tannehill would shoulder that blame with the awful late INT setting up the game winning field goal for the Bengals.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Frank Reich? That's a name I haven't heard in a long while. Good for him, going into coaching and getting a ring with the Eagles as their OC.

He threw the first TD pass ever for the Carolina Panthers.

Apparently the biggest non-secret in the league is that former backup (white) QBs who were incredibly smart but had lovely physical tools are the best OCs and QB coaches. The entire league is loving full of them now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Still remember the first time Fitzpatrick took snaps in the NFL for the Rams after being a 7th round pick. Threw 3 TDs to lead the Rams in a comeback win over the Texans after Jamie Martin got hurt then promptly lost his next three starts and got traded to the Bengals the next year. What a career.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Marc Bulger was the best QB in the NFL in 2004

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Browns waited too long and tanked his value. After they got Watson everyone knew that they would have to dump Baker one way or another eventually.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jimmy G hasn't been medically cleared to do poo poo, that's why no one wanted to trade for him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CocoaNuts posted:

Well, well, well.

Baker turns in a 12/21 performance last night, amassing an impressive 111 yards through the air. One TD and one pick. An MVP-level 67.8 rating!

Cavauro, Vincent Van Goatse, Chris James 2 and Waifu Radia step up and defend ya boy! Tell us how he's a game changer.

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Baker was trying to overcome the cheating packers having 18 men on the field last night (11 players and 7 refs)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sataere posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this thread?

The carousel is in your heart and the real quarterbacks were the friends we made along the way

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Top 10 Raiders quarterbacks in the last decade maybe

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Gimmick accounts own because they need to continue coming up with more and more contrived arguments to support their gimmick until eventually the whole thing falls apart and they implode.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CocoaNuts posted:

Well, well, well.

Baker turns in a 12/21 performance last night, amassing an impressive 111 yards through the air. One TD and one pick. An MVP-level 67.8 rating!

Cavauro, Vincent Van Goatse, Chris James 2 and Waifu Radia step up and defend ya boy! Tell us how he's a game changer.

Bahahahahahaha!!!

24/28, 2 TDs, no INTs. Merry Christmas!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Old men running the world

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Derek Carr will go for two firsts

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Yeah, pretty easy to take on, pretty impossible for the Rams to trade.

Rams converted what would've been his 2022 and 2023 salaries into Signing bonuses, so they'd take on an additional $54m in dead cap by trading him.

The receiving team would have him for:

2023: $1.5m (guaranteed)
2024: $31m (guaranteed)
2025: $32m
2026: $31m

That's dirt cheap for a QB as good as Stafford.

If they mark him as a post-June trade/cut they would technically have a cap savings this year and next. I just can’t see Stafford demanding out right now though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jimmy is the perfect guy to start games until the rookie is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Mike Lombardi is so full of poo poo