Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I'm thinking Wentz is the Week 1 starter for the Colts next year, but they'll bring in a more credible backup and greatly shorten his leash. And after next season he's gone (barring some kind of massive bounceback), and the Colts do whatever they need to in the draft to get a potential franchise guy.

At the very least they'll have an open competition with Ehlinger. But I expect the Colts will try to get someone else who has previously started to see if they can win the job. Winston or Trubisky or even Foles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't mind the Colts signing Trubs and giving him a shot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I hope not, if they're not getting Watson then the asking price would probably be more than I'd want the Colts to pay

I think the Colts are fine if they have to give up their 2023 first rounder. Like right now they need someone who can come in and win in the next 2-3 years, not a rookie QB. So they give up the first, and if it works out that's great. If it doesn't, then you start to sell the house and do whatever it takes to land Arch Manning in 2025.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts are pretty similar to the Browns with a great running game and solid offensive line and defense. Reich is a very QB friendly coach as well. It would be a good fit for Baker.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The problem with Wentz wasn't talent, it was that everyone hated him and he wasn't a good leader. That combined with being bone headed just made him toxic.

Even if Baker isn't as good and still makes mistakes, that's fine so long as he is a leader.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sataere posted:

1) Wentz's issues aren't physical. They're mental..I think that's what he means.
2) where are you getting that everyone hates Baker? My impression was that it was just OBJ, who is kinda questionable as a source. Not saying you're wrong just wondering.

Yeah, Wentz has some limitations like not having much touch on passes and some accuracy issues, but most of his problems were mental mistakes. Like all those left handed throws or trying to force passes into double coverage and poo poo.

I honestly don't know much about how the locker room perceives Baker, but by the end, Wentz had lost everyone including the coach who stuck up for him in the first place. And it takes a lot for Jim Irsay to dislike a player.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

Looking for an old bookmark and realized I still had this page saved

extremely cursed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I can't really see how that would give any big advantage during the game. I guess it would open up rollouts to either side a little bit. Or he could always turn to face where a dominant rusher lines up so they're not on his blind side.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Carr is at least a dependable starter which is becoming a rare thing in the league. I think he's pretty good even if he's not a top guy. You could do a lot worse and he's probably going to win you more games than he'd lose you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Danny Dimes wants to become Danny Dollars

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm at the point where I want the Colts to draft Stroud but if they draft Richardson at least it should be pretty entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They might also be waiting to see if he's going to retire which would save them some dead money. They need to cut him before March 17 otherwise he gets a $10 million bonus and they're on the hook for that.