Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Colts would've been better off trading for Minshew than Wentz. He could've handed the ball off to Taylor and only costed at most a 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

A whole off season of 2 old white millionaires doing the football version of The Decision

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

How many Kirk Cousins is he worth?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Packers should trade Rodgers for peanuts to the worst team in the league with no resources or decent players. Just gently caress 'em over.

Rodgers could start doing Rogan appearances with that kind of deal

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1498632837976764422?s=20&t=9bUdmAGnbOagyEk0N1Q4bw

quote:

All of this is why, according to a source, Washington has reached out to every team to inquire about a quarterback's availability and the cost. The team started its search with a list of 42 quarterbacks. Here are some of the options:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Drew should be locked in as starter

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's plane tracking time!

https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/status/1502480950730629125?t=ZfL9LLjAI5ozYR6M9WWHaw&s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Same.

For whatever reason, I think Mayfield still has a slight untapped upside and, in any case, I find him fun to watch play.

Thing with him though is that you can't use the usual excuses for his lack of development on things like not having good WR's, lacking a running game to lean on, a lovely o-line or even a poor defense to blame. You can cite the fact that he's in loving Cleveland, he's had bad coaching and the Browns rarely know wtf they're doing but I don't think anyone can say that Baker has lacked a supporting cast.

He strikes me as one of those players with some slight head/ego problems as opposed to a player who simply hasn't been given a chance or who constantly works without any help. Cleveland's o-line has been mostly OK, right ( I haven't looked it up)? He strikes me as one of those dudes where a change of scenery and the right coach might up his game but, at the same time, it's starting to look pretty clear that his upside might still be something like Kirk Cousins as opposed to...I dunno...Justin Herbert or someone.

He's solidly middle tier at a minimum I think for whatever that's worth. If you were Pittsburgh, would you rather have him or Trubisky? Mayfield might make sense for Carolina if they lose out on the rapist QB sweepstakes.

Browns line in 2020 was elite. In 2021 Conklin died a couple times missing most of the season and Willis played through an ankle injury. Baker does have a real ego though. He's always maintained he doesn't need a QB coach and doesn't work with one in the off season. Literally just records himself throwing and watches the tape like he's Uncle loving Rico. If someone pulls his head out of his rear end in regard to coaching and piles up an elite support group he's a middling QB.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Wasn't part of Vince's pitch "there's not going to be any of that communist kneeling here!"?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I mean who that's left is trading for Jimmy and not Baker. Jimmy is Jimmy but Baker's best is a good as his and isn't made of glass and balsa.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Holy poo poo Mayfield is actually working with a qb coach this off season instead of pulling the Uncle Rico he'd been doing

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-what-is-next-for-baker-mayfield-are-the-seahawks-an-option/

quote:

Mayfield, for his part, is keeping busy. He’s in Texas right now working with Patrick Mahomes’ quarterback coach Jeff Christensen to improve his throwing mechanics and accuracy.

Lol that it's Mahomes guy. That's gotta loving sting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Would he play as the back-up our sit out and pout? Colin Cowherd said he heard that Baker was prepared to not report this season until his terms were met for a new contract. And then the Watson signing happened.

Not reporting unless he got a new contract was his plan before Watson? Lmao just lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Did anyone bother to ask him why he was flying women all over the place to get massages?

They did directly ask "why did you see 40 different massage therapists" and he dodged. The flying part no. It was a shockingly good performance by a normally garbage press corps

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

This time last year the 2022 class was supposed to be at least alright with Sam Howell and Rattler. We're just throwing bones and reading sheep livers speculating at this point.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's june and there's just nothing else to write about. Camps don't start till the later half of July

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Goon darling Samuel Gold on Baker Mayfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k0-D9JN9c0

TLDR: Baker bad if you have even 1 bad player on the offensive line. Conklin (RT) was dead most of the season as was his immediate backup.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I want a Lil Minshew doll

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Stafford should never play football again and they don't have picks anytime soon so gently caress it grab someone off the scrapheap. Makes sense for the Rams.

Lions and commies I don't get. Is Baker still a better prospect than whoever they could get this draft? He doesn't look better than Heinicke either

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Lmao that Lamar trade after Watson went for 3 1s and change. Hell the Seahawks got more for Russ than that theoretical garbage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

The Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde routine continues with Baker Mayfield. One good week, one horrible week. Not the stuff anyone would want to bank their gambling money on, or their reputations (but some here have insisted, so sink or swim accordingly, suckas!).

The line from today:

11 for 19, an anemic 132 yards passing, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 79.3 rating in a 31-10 loss to the Chargers.

Bahahahaha!!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nervous posted:

Where're we going to be on the cycle next Sunday? Just trying to figure out how worried I should be for the Seahawks to get that last dub.

Depends on if the LA media gives a poo poo enough to roast him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

That was Freddie Kitchens year. Didn't buy that he was a mastermind but can't hold that over him to bad

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So he's definitely coming back, you're saying?

After Lance gets injured again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

No, some random ortho surgeon who isn’t his doctor and has never examined him said he needed TJS. It’s still up in the air as to whether or not he will be getting surgery.

Shanahan already said point blank that Jimmy is not coming back, and that they will sign “the best available quarterback that can fit into the structure of our team and the salary cap.”

He needs Tommy John

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1620818471066935297?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The tweet you quoted says he’s not sure if he’s getting Tommy John or not. It’s right there in the tweet.

Do you want to keep being pedantic or does the GM saying "it seems to be consistent that the right approach is that takes that 6 month one" aka the first opinion he got that was Tommy John enough for you? It was first reported Monday that he needed Tommy John by mainstream press.

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1620874133868531714?s=20

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 2, 2023

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

drat Tom must be a psychic to get a source 2 days before. Must be looking for 2nd opinions because he wants Tommy John yep that makes sense

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1620181317978832899?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You posted any other thing that says he may, or may not, need Tommy John surgery to support your statement that he definitely needs it.

He’s getting surgery either way but which one is the difference between being healed up by the start of the season and missing part of all of next year.

Dude must have been devastated to hear he can undergo repair instead of Tommy John.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Raiders have done a great job tanking his value. The poor price ain't going to be the 1s they think they're getting

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's just a matter of talking Brady back out of retirement. Should only take 2 months max.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So does Paul Allens lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Allen’s daughter still owns the team. Benson’s kids have all been cut out of the inheritance so when she’s dead the Saints effectively won’t have an owner. It’ll just be held in trust until a sale can happen which the NFL will surely push to happen quickly.

Allens trust owns the team and his will stipulated all his assets including teams he owned be sold. His sister unilaterally decided that no the teams are hers. The rest of the trustees seems to just have thrown up their hands and let her have her way.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

indigi posted:

I imagine the trustees stand to make a decent bit of money being trustees of an asset portfolio that includes an NFL team, either directly or indirectly. is there some pressing reason fans want her to sell? is she a bad owner?

Not that I'm aware it's just a weird situation that has some similarities to estate poo poo I've been dealing with for 3 years and going. Can't help following it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Why would Stafford want to go to the AFC? it's a bloodbath

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

For a qb with a history of back problems whose season ended because he couldn't feel his legs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

There's an offensive coordinator sized hole in the Jets

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Winning fixes everything and I imagine they're getting sick of trying to plan around Rodgers being an absurd Diva

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Rodgers has been threatening to retire for years now and has reached the blame everyone else years of his career. If you're not convinced you get a ring out of him in the 1 year you know you'll have him he's a bad move. He's not going to put in the work to build the chemistry he says he needs with receivers.

He's such a toxic poo poo at this stage and a team giving up significant assets for him is hosed.

RIP Jets

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Do we know that the Jets have Lamar and Carr properly ranked?

Ravens haven't shown any hint that they're trading him outside people saying they should throw in the towel because they don't want to give him his due

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Somebody will pay Lamar the Watson contract+. Like it or not the market is set with Burrow eyeing a similar deal.

fsif posted:

I'm not certain it is wise to dedicate that much cap to any single player. Jackson is more valuable than Watson but that Watson contract isn't looking smart (and was the result of a moron owner).

Watsons contract is dumb because he had not played football in 2 years. A qb who is in the MVP discussion every year is exactly who you give that contract to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If I were the ravens I'd just draft only all pros