Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Mac Tonight posted:

Last February i was laid off from my job of 11 years because we had a huge decrease in workload. Partly because of covid, but mostly because they outsourced an entire department to India and the Philippines. I've spent the last 11 months applying for jobs every single day and getting interviews only to be told i didn't have enough "direct customer service experience". It's been incredibly rough and i exhausted my savings and the unemployment allowable from the state.

Last month LinkedIn sent me a job posting saying "hey you might be a good fit here" and wouldn't you loving know it. It was the company that laid me off. I applied, hit them pretty high on the salary expectation and didn't expect to hear back but i guess it's hard to pass up a decade of experience. They sent me an offer letter this afternoon. Life is really strange sometimes.

that's p backwards! I just started working again after 17 months of abject poverty/unemployment and I already miss being poor yet free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

goongrats on ur "raise" btw. lol

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

:krakentoot: