Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The Huge Manatee posted:

Bought the game.
99%ed the game.
171/172 chests.
No beeping anywhere at all, and it's none of the popular chests to miss, plus my weapon stats are maxed so I can't even use that to narrow it down.
And what's even better is that a bunch of chest locations changed in a recent patch, so even if I follow a 2 hour guide to every chest in the game there's no guarantees.

Had a blast though, felt like a more accessible Talos Principle.

Watch the credits again. Maybe you're lucky and it's one of the chests which is showcased there. As far as chests which are really far away from everything else, maybe the one in the giant bucket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Tombot posted:

On the subject, I'd like to mention sort of an odditiy regarding the Crash DLC and Six Inches Under, but I don't think it counts as a spoiler since It's not entirely consequential for either game.

Okay so there is a part of both games (an off to the side easter egg) where you can see eachothers character behind a pane of indestructable glass, on either side of the glass we see items that would be useful to have, but are completely unreachable by either character who could use them. This easter egg started in the Crash DLC, but Six Inches under had been in development for so long that the original intention of that easter egg no longer makes any sense. During the development of Six Inches Under they seriously de-emphasized the importance of mining, in an early version of Six Inches Under, the game required you to mine for Ores and gems in order to progress. They decided that gathering all of these ores was not very fun, so you never see these ores or gems in the final version. So what the red prince has on his side of the glass is essentially a time capsule of a much earlier stage in development, they may in fact have updated the Crash DLC's side since then, but I don't want to download the whole thing again just to check.

Wait what. I was a bit confused about the thing when someone first mentioned it, but... the red prince's side? I'm playing Crash currently and i'm pretty sure i'm playing AS the red prince. And my jail buddy (who was still sporting a pickaxe, btw) looked like the protagonist of an Eiffel 65 song.

Does SIU have you play on the blue side for once?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Are you talking about the hidden caveish area, where in Crash the blue npc on the other side of the glass gives “player” an achievement, then in SIU you get the achievement on the npc side and see the Crash “player” diddling around where you were? If so, I don’t recall anything about mining or gems. It’s scrap metal.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
This is actually what I was referring to in my last spoilered comment
The jail scene looks similar enough that any minor changes would be incidental. I haven't gotten to the second interaction yet to see what it looks like from the Red side yet

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, it really does sound like I need to reinstall the game to show what I was talking about. Please give me several moments.

Edit: Okay, so this is what the Red prince sees from his side:

See all of those iron ore looking things? As far as I can tell they never show up anywhere else in the DLC aside from this small out-of the way area, this was clearly intended to be the counterpart to what the Plumber sees from his side.

Meanwhile on the Plumber's side we have a bunch of scrap metal:

Very minor spoiler: The red prince needs lots of scrap metal to build the various spaceships he keeps crashing, the blue plumber even says it's useless to him. Meanwhile the Red Prince is literally surrounded by giant crystals and iron ore, but they never actually make it into the next expansion. They even mention how they removed during development in this blog post: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/813630/view/3022457901973326254

Anyway I hope this has cleared some things up a bit.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 27, 2022

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I think it makes sense as it is, unless the dialogue when the red and blue guys interact in Crash aludes to it being a big deal?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
No, but if memory serves... The dialogue between the Red prince and the plumber are actually very similar, except the other character is saying it, including the part where they say they have something very important to tell you before the prince gets abruptly ejected out of the prison cell.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Tombot posted:

No, but if memory serves... The dialogue between the Red prince and the plumber are actually very similar, except the other character is saying it, including the part where they say they have something very important to tell you before the prince gets abruptly ejected out of the prison cell.

And they apparently don't even interact with each other in the part referenced above, blue guy just talks with Minecraft guy a bit and then cleans up the scrap
My memory of this from SIU was different but I think the Prince might have said some stuff in the background that Minecraft guy didn't hear or something

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I 100% original supraland. Too bad the other stuff isn't on console.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tombot posted:

On the subject, I'd like to mention sort of an odditiy regarding the Crash DLC and Six Inches Under, but I don't think it counts as a spoiler since It's not entirely consequential for either game.

Okay so there is a part of both games (an off to the side easter egg) where you can see eachothers character behind a pane of indestructable glass, on either side of the glass we see items that would be useful to have, but are completely unreachable by either character who could use them. This easter egg started in the Crash DLC, but Six Inches under had been in development for so long that the original intention of that easter egg no longer makes any sense. During the development of Six Inches Under they seriously de-emphasized the importance of mining, in an early version of Six Inches Under, the game required you to mine for Ores and gems in order to progress. They decided that gathering all of these ores was not very fun, so you never see these ores or gems in the final version. So what the red prince has on his side of the glass is essentially a time capsule of a much earlier stage in development, they may in fact have updated the Crash DLC's side since then, but I don't want to download the whole thing again just to check.

I kind of figured those graphics were for the cut ores mentioned in the pre-release Steam posts. I was convinced we could get back there for some hidden stuff but never found a way. However if you get up to the glass real close, and angle your camera the right way you can see the red dude's model from the cutscene actually just floating up there. He leaves the scene or whatever but they don't move him up enough and is slightly visible.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I 100%'d the original! Once I got all the tools, it was much quicker than I thought. I figured I'd be stuck for a little while. Took me forever to get all the alt gun upgrades because the last one was in an area I totally forgot about. Then I had to come back because the last moon was also there and then when I youtubed the last adventurer I missed, it was also in the same goddamn area. Jesus.

Great game. I'd play more but...

RC Cola posted:

I 100% original supraland. Too bad the other stuff isn't on console.

Yeah! And never coming to console. I'm so used to PC/console being basically the same nowadays that I had just naturally assumed I could go on to the DLC. Nope.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
New update for SIU: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1522870/view/4498534970348960579

quote:

Update V1.1.5485

There's a lot of new stuff in here by request from players!
- Added text speed option (speech bubbles can now be quicker or slower) 💬
- Added difficulty setting (besides the normal setting, you can make enemies not damage you at all, damage you very little or damage you twice as much) 👾
- Added skip option to credits scene if you've seen it before (Jump) ⏩
- Added dual-input-support option to key bindings options (allows you to use keyboard and controller at the same time) 🕹️
- Added new puzzle and cave to endgame area ➕
- Added two new major upgrades to the endgame area (one in a previously out of bounds area where you couldn't find anything, one in the new cave) 🌟
- Added hint speaker to 3-purple-rings puzzle and improved puzzle geometry 🟣
- Changed the way the elastic beam works (not requiring stomp anymore; holding crouch button while landing on it prevents bouncing)
- Fixed some invisible wall situations in endgame area 🧱
- Fixed hot metal ball damaging enemies properly ⚪
- Fixed a bunch of softlocks 🔒
- Fixed color rings to work properly with low FPS 👍🏻
- Fixed upgrade pickups to no longer tank FPS when they are on screen 🎞️
- Fixed 'TAB' button disabling your movement controls ⌨️
- Fixed two achievements not always triggering (Battery and Play With Fire) 🔋 🔥
- Detectors will now be less confusing (people thought they had the chest detector but didn't really
+ A whole lot of other little fixes and improvements everywhere ❤️

This is the last planned major update for Six Inches Under.
We'll still be doing hot-fixes if/when important bugs show up.

Supra development is switching over to Supraworld today!

edit: the new cave is in the white stone area in the post-game with the giant electromagnet, contains a battle arena and gives a double jump and the other addition is high up on the wood planks by the giant bucket
I guess the reward might be nice if you haven't already gotten everything else.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Just sneaking back here to say that I just remembered another game that's vaguely like Supraland in regards to being a puzzle metroidvania/"""Search-action""" game.

It's called Gateways and it's quite the mind-screw https://store.steampowered.com/app/216290/Gateways/. It has portals, portals that effect gravity, time travel and more as part of the stuff you get to use. I got as far as the last puzzle because I couldn't get my solution to work. It also has the ability to make custom levels and share on the workshop, it's good stuff.