Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I had started plying the original on gamepass several months back. The discussion in the new release thread made me go back to it (and start over). I’m already past where I stopped before. Such a cool game.

Question to soothe my completionism: will I eventually find something that directs me towards chests or puzzles I’ve missed? Don’t wanna get stuck at 97% or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Thoom posted:

Absolutely do not stress about completionism until postgame. That is the one thing I wish someone had told me before I started the original.

My completionism drive changed after the early game where it went from big room full of small puzzles to 1 or 2 big puzzles per room. I’ll just return after I have all the upgrades.

I just did a room shortly after getting the force beam where I managed to skip the solution. There’s a crate in a glass room with slow moving platforms on either side. I skipped grabbing the crate entirely. Then I went back to try again and blasted the crate out the hole with no idea how I did it. I think I need to go back again because I’m afraid it was teaching me a lesson about beams and glass I might need later.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

I think I need another hint - the second green moon is in a house with no doors, one window, and no cracks to shoot a teleporter through. No underground entry either, as far as I can tell. Unless that's not the right location at all?

Also playing OG and just did this. It’s tricky compared to the other moon.

Hint 1: the green light in the room is key.

Hint 2: actually there is underground entry

Full solution: go to the house next to it and drop underground. Inside, you’ll see the green light from the moon room glowing above you. Use the buckle and teleport gun to get up and through.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I hit the credits! At... 43%.

Is there somewhere I should ensure I complete first? Especially if it unlocks something that is required to solve puzzles.

I started by cleaning out red town and wiping out the enemy horde in the back but the reward wasn't particularly useful yet since I can only break wood crosses. Then I immediately picked up gun upgrades that would have made that easier had I collected them first. I'm at 50% now I think.

Some tasks I know I need to figure out:

1. there's red moons. I have one but I don't know where it goes.
2. I don't see a use for the flies in red town, but I remember seeing a giant carrot somewhere and assume I need to drag the flies through the first few areas since there's tons of wood.
3. I'm still missing a couple of barrels
4. There's a 143 star door and I'm nowhere close yet
5. There's a chest on top of the sword!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

Just finished as well at 61%. I think the big thing to aim for is getting enough gun damage to melt those steel beams with alt-fire.

I think you're right but I'm around 70% and have only found 2 of those upgrades so I'm basically wandering at random hoping I stumble upon the rest while finding all these steel beams I can't break. Getting close to this being the first time I google something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I 100%'d the original! Once I got all the tools, it was much quicker than I thought. I figured I'd be stuck for a little while. Took me forever to get all the alt gun upgrades because the last one was in an area I totally forgot about. Then I had to come back because the last moon was also there and then when I youtubed the last adventurer I missed, it was also in the same goddamn area. Jesus.

Great game. I'd play more but...

RC Cola posted:

I 100% original supraland. Too bad the other stuff isn't on console.

Yeah! And never coming to console. I'm so used to PC/console being basically the same nowadays that I had just naturally assumed I could go on to the DLC. Nope.