Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Thoom posted:

I'm at 91% in Six Inches Under and I want to check if I'm doing something stupid: To deal with large bodies of lava, I've been dropping in a force cube, standing on it, dropping one further along the path, and taking advantage of coyote time to hop over before I fall in the lava. It was the first thing that came to mind when I got to the castle, so I've kind of just stuck with it, but it can't be the intended method, can it? On the other hand, why else would the force cube float in lava?

this is what I did in a different area because I was completely stuck as to the intended route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

flesh dance posted:

I've enjoyed this a ton so far, but the press three buttons in a sequence timed door unlocks have me at a standstill. I attempted the one in the banking district and the one to get into the beach and fail repeatedly. Even in the beach one when I set the final beam to walk up ahead of time I just can't make it. This is prob making an excuse for being bad at games, but the quick action reflexes in my hands suck and I always fumble it and can't make it to the third button before time runs out :sigh:

The first one you talk about I think is way easier with the upgrade from that area, but I don't remember the details
The second one you want to set things up for everything ahead of time, like before you press the first button you want to be primed to immediately get the second, and then have what you mentioned set up for the third

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Thoom posted:

I'm now at 94% in SIU and slightly stuck. I've got three obvious avenues of progression:

1) I still have one bone pile left to find but I feel like I've canvassed every inch of the map and my bone sensor isn't reacting.

2) I found the post-game area with the trophy and the guy who keeps eating your teleporter, and now he wants it to be "more powerful"

3) I found a beating crystal heart with a zero under it, which feels like maybe a reference to Slay the Spire. When I hit it with my pickaxe, it spawns a wave of enemies, but some of them are on a platform that I can't reach. I managed to whittle it down to just one by taking potshots with the fire gun, but the last guy seemed impossible to reach so I'm guessing that maybe I need the 2x teleporter force upgrade to make it up there. I'm not sure I'm even supposed to be there yet, because I don't think I solved the puzzle to open the room in the intended way.

Are 2 and 3 blocked behind 1, the opposite, neither?

I didn't figure out how to start the race in the beach resort area until it was no longer relevant. I figured out that they wanted a battery explosion to make a loud sound, and I knew battery + fire = explosion, and there was a battery available and an unlit fire below a jump pad to stand on, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to light that fire. I probably spent a half hour trying to see if I could get my purple beam to conduct fire, or if garbage or flowers would stay lit long enough to carry a flame. Eventually I just climbed that last level of the tower using a magnet repel off the platform with the chest in the back. Only after completing the area did I notice the box of matches sitting on a platform in plain view.

That area also has what I consider to be one of the best subtle hints I've seen in any game. The two guys lounging at the campsite with the empty parasol stand prompted me to bring a parasol up to them, but they just thanked me. But then you ask yourself, "why did they make me bring a parasol to this elevated... ohhhhhhhhh.". That's "Mario 1-1 Goomba teaching you about question blocks" level stuff.

neither
1. some are hidden by chests and the chest sensor takes priority
2. electricity
3. some enemies have metal or wood parts

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

I'm playing the original as well, and I think I got to a point in the blue village that I don't know how to progress at all: I bought the triple jump back, and now I'm in the walled-off part where the two dudes are running around a tree. There's a door with a lock on it, the key is in a house that seems only accessible from a chimney that I have no way to get in. And seems like I also can't get back to the other side now? There was nothing to do here, other than collecting a coin on the roof. I tried to block the guys from running, but that does nothing. Any hints for this?

There's somewhere you can get up to and walk to where you need to go next

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Playing these a bit out of order since I started with SIU and then played the original, but now I just got to the part in Crash where (spoiler for all 3) you run into the PC from SIU in the jail in the banking district
I'm not sure which way this reveal works better but now I wonder if the other one is in it too

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

This is actually what I was referring to in my last spoilered comment
The jail scene looks similar enough that any minor changes would be incidental. I haven't gotten to the second interaction yet to see what it looks like from the Red side yet

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I think it makes sense as it is, unless the dialogue when the red and blue guys interact in Crash aludes to it being a big deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Tombot posted:

No, but if memory serves... The dialogue between the Red prince and the plumber are actually very similar, except the other character is saying it, including the part where they say they have something very important to tell you before the prince gets abruptly ejected out of the prison cell.

And they apparently don't even interact with each other in the part referenced above, blue guy just talks with Minecraft guy a bit and then cleans up the scrap
My memory of this from SIU was different but I think the Prince might have said some stuff in the background that Minecraft guy didn't hear or something