Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

James Gunn appears to be really good at telling stories where every single character is an rear end in a top hat but you end up loving them anyway.

Now I really liked both Guardians movies, but it seems to me that Starlord and Peacemaker are basically the same character; Over-confident goof who likes to gently caress and has turbo daddy issues.

Except one is played by the worst Chris and the other is John Cena after twenty years of performance-enhancing charisma injections, and is also allowed to say 'gently caress' now without corporate making GBS threads themselves.

So, um, show good? Yes, show good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Robot Style posted:

It's possible that the other guy was just not great to work with, if Gunn called Elizabeth Banks to see what Stroma was like.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1485084563210743809?s=20&t=W_VUIOzJE_3egcNRGoKG-A

Is this not-so-subtly suggesting that Conrad failed the rear end in a top hat check? Hmm.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

That was an episode alright.

At first I thought Locke was another butterfly on Murn's side, what with the complete lack of social niceties and then the loving hamburglar thing.

But can you get butterflied again if there's one in there already? Probably not.

Pretty sure those mouthless klan masks are absolutely there for the meta-reason of preventing that particular army wiping immediately in the coming battle.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Eagerly awaiting Flash being released and underperforming Morbius.

I loved the scene where the Flash says "It's Flashin' Time" and Miller whips their costume off!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

I hate that Game of Thrones is a Franchise rather than an Iconic Series.

Come on, they even say All Men Must Die in the show!