Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AmbientParadox posted:

I was pretty shocked to learn that most of us have seen Vigilante before.

There's two characters who have the name Vigilante in DC comics. One is a Punisher knockoff with a costume similar to the one we're seeing on this show (Adrian Chase), the other is a modern day guy in a cowboy costume (Greg Sanders)

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm not super into comics so I'm constantly amused/amazed at what insane bullshit constitutes a superhero/villain once you get past the top dozen or so characters everyone's heard about.

I would give my actual soul to Bob Chapek if Stilt-man makes an appearance in a mainline MCU film :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Open Source Idiom posted:

My mate's in LA right now and he said that all he sees are ads for this show.

Also in LA, there's posters for this everywhere

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

FlamingLiberal posted:

I lost my poo poo at Adabayo walking in to talk to the receptionist and Peacemaker just instantly unloading his shotgun in the face of everyone in the room with no warning.

The signal was I shot her head off :gibs:

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 29, 2022

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

twistedmentat posted:

Is Saigon Kicks the band Vince Neil killed their dummer? Speaking of that Poison is probably the biggest band they mentioned so far isn't it?

That playlist is pretty rockin'. I never knew Hair/glam/cock metal was so deep.

Yes that's them

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xelkelvos posted:

That would be my guess. Whatever happened to their planet is probably what they were afraid human were gonna do to our own so they decided to be proactive.

That would track with the only thing we know about the butterfly'd Senator was that he was big on environmentalism.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I think if sea otters had access to nuclear weapons they would absolutely use them constantly. Sea Otters are ruthless little rape beasts.

Dolphins are so much worse and we let children swim with them in overpriced resorts

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dawgstar posted:

Right? It's pure B-movie horror shlock and awesome at the same time.

The shot of Song's partner running from a thousand butterflies is straight out of a 50's creature feature poster and I love that poo poo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Codependent Poster posted:

So I'm pretty sure that they're gonna take something from the comics like someone predicted in that Auggie is gonna haunt Peacemaker.

Also Vigilante is the real MVP of the team. They would not succeed without him.

It would not surprise me if he programmed the helmets to play some recorded voice lines when the helmets are exposed to certain conditions. Not even as a final insult, just a thing he did to gently caress with him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Khanstant posted:

Did Peacemaker have a special helmet in the movie, he never seemed to indicate he had a specific power from it, they kind of just joked that his only superpower was being good at violence, which was redundant with Idris Elba having the same "powers."

I get the feeling his dad didn't want to talk to him while he was still in prison, and he'd especially refuse to make new helmets if he found out THE DEEP STATE was offering him work in exchange for a shorter sentence.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Calendar Man already got a cameo in The Suicide Squad :v:

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/1425851136469258242

He also shows up in all of the Batman Arkham games, so I'd argue he's more B-tier than Z-tier

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DeNomolos posted:

Like how Adrian isn't a district attorney, but the portrayal is still very much in the heart of Vigilante from the comics without being a complete retread.

Watch when there's a scene in season 2 where he randomly info-dumps about obscure legal precedent "What I have a law degree, I had dreams before my tragic backstory you know"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Thundercracker posted:

I cracked up at the scabies helmet having mile radius. That's just so pointlessly powerful for no reason.

Considering the Auggie unironically thinks scabies is a test all men should pass to become MEN he probably thought it would work great in a Hitler Youth esque training camp when he got his 4th reich off the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Doing a movie directed by James Gunn is like making a good impression on Jester Lavorre. You're friends now and you'll never have to look for work again