Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

DarklyDreaming posted:

There's two characters who have the name Vigilante in DC comics. One is a Punisher knockoff with a costume similar to the one we're seeing on this show (Adrian Chase), the other is a modern day guy in a cowboy costume (Greg Sanders)

Adrian Chase Vigilante has been onscreen before in Arrow:

But then Arrow had its own Suicide Squad too before DC yoinked the rights for sake of the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Technically it was a complicated thing where Adrian Chase was around but he was Prometheus, not Vigilante. While Vigilante was a different person.

That's true now that you bring it up. It is all tangled in my head at this point.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

yea the whole thing is for all the rhetoric of 'we're just doing this to save you' they didn't...need to brain-jack masses of humans, including rando kids and poo poo to do that, they survive just fine without human hosts as long as they get their Cow Slime so it's not like some 'it was for survival' thing. They're Peacemaker, they're traumatized and hurt from a past they probably had no control over and that's sad but that doesn't change that they fuckin killed a lot of innocent randos for their vague 'peace'.

Not-Song's whole last speech laid that out, 'we make the choices you can't', that's not helping humans and keeping us from falling down the same path, that's just patronizing authoritarianism coming from cute bug aliens, just like Peacemaker's old thing was just violent imperialism with a Dove of Peace slapped on it.

Great finale, 10/10 series, can't wait for season 2.

Also loved the Justice League cameo near the end, cute way to make the world feel connected.

I think I've said this before, but the same sort of thing happened in season 1 of Stargirl. The villains were a bunch of cultists, creeps, spree killers, and a literal Axis war criminal mad scientist whose plot would exterminate 25% of the adult population, but a fair number of viewers got way hung up on the villains' mainifesto also claiming that their mind controlled army was going to be colorblind and conquer the world using renewable energy.