Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Killer robot posted:

Adrian Chase Vigilante has been onscreen before in Arrow:

But then Arrow had its own Suicide Squad too before DC yoinked the rights for sake of the movies.

Technically it was a complicated thing where Adrian Chase was around but he was Prometheus, not Vigilante. While Vigilante was a different person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming Judomaster was going to say that this isn't an invasion but more like a refugee crisis where the Butterflies are on the run from someone else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the idea is that you bring in a voice actor to do the animal noises because then you get the precise noise you want instead of trying to find it in a stock recording library.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harcourt is definitely not a Butterfly simply because you don't do that twist twice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/wig-wam-peacemaker-credit-dance-do-ya-wanna-taste-it-1235021489/

Gunn using their song for the opening credits literally saved the band Wig Wam. The band had been dropped from their agent three days before the show premiered and were on the verge of breaking up (again.) They knew that their song was going to be used for the show but had no idea that it was going to be the opening theme and that there was an elaborate dance number being done to it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NowonSA posted:

On the subject of Vigilante, I can't imagine they did it but it occurred to me that with so many scenes with vigilante in full costume and with his face covered, they technically could have only reshot the shots where he had his face showing and ADR'd to fill in when he was masked. That's got to break quite a few industry rules, but it's just a weird situation where it seems technically feasible in this situation where an actor was replaced late into the process.

It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. The V for Vendetta movie was originally going to have James Purefoy play V but he got replaced by Hugo Weaving early in production. They ended up just using some of the already shot footage with new VO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a Resident Alien thread I can't find? That's another show that keeps me laughing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365858

People mostly talk about it in the Syfy channel specific thread.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm thinking about making one since I like that show so drat much. Will probably start that now.

Do it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo I completely forgot they were in that movie together.

That movie is.... not good. It really, really, really did not play to John Cena's strengths, which are that despite being a giant wall of muscle he's an incredibly weird and goofy dude.

That's basically why he was so bad in the last Fast movie too.

Gonz posted:

In all seriousness, they’re fantastic. The chemistry those two actors had was truly wonderful and they were the best antagonists on the show. Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock was also really good as Gordon’s partner.

Gotham’s take on the Joker and Bane was absolute dogshit, however.

Also they made Penguin gay for Riddler and they didn't play it for humor or anything like that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, she was just supposed to be one of Joker's goons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1490149491701338112
That's kind of a fun fact.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of that show forever because when I describe it to people as "show where Bruce Wayne's cousin runs lovely crime-fighting invention company" they'd be all "That sounds like it'd be good but I can't think of anything like that"

A weird thing about Powerless was how it got completely retooled after the original pilot was shot. The show was originally supposed to be about an insurance company in the DC universe run by Lex Luthor's son (still played by Alan Tudyk.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A funny thing about The Marine movie series is that they were originally going to have Randy Orton star in the third one because he actually was in the Marines. Until someone pointed out that maybe it wasn't a good look for it to star a guy who was dishonorably discharged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know we're getting that Penguin series in continuity with The Batman this year, but is anything else coming out on TV for DC?

There's an Arkham series that is supposedly part of the new DCU but I think that is still super early and has nothing done yet.