Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Show is very good

https://i.imgur.com/OT2h8Jt.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/hxP4dWh.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The timing of Leona shooting Judomaster... That and manipualting Vigilante into trying to kill Peacemaker's dad. Maybe she's not as innocent and incompetent as she seems.

I love Vigilante.

lmao Peacemaker trying to get the butterfly high.

Good call to whoever said that Murn might be a rogue butterfly or whatever in the DC TV thread.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

I wonder how much "troma" had to do with Freddy Stroma catching James Gunn's eye. The character was recast after the first guy had "creative differences"

I want to know what the gently caress leads to someone leaving / being fired from a show after shooting 5 and a half eps so then they have to recast the part and reshoot all those scenes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I'm assuming Judomaster was going to say that this isn't an invasion but more like a refugee crisis where the Butterflies are on the run from someone else.

I like it.

I am gonna speculate that they are benevolent and friendly, but Amanda Waller wants them dead anyways because if everyone is happy this is bad for America or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

The utterly ordinary way Vigilante said,"So why don't you just kill your dad? :shrug:" really helped get across that the dude is incredibly hosed up, in a less showy way than him casually sniping the kids. His mindset is bad people need to be murdered and the idea of killing your own father if they fit his category of bad person* doesn't feel any different to him than killing any other criminal. The guy's insane, albeit extremely entertaining and weirdly adorable in how much he looks up to Peacemaker.

* To be fair, Peacemaker's dad really is an astonishingly bad person!

That and just how easily he was manipulated by Leona. Vigilante is terrifying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DogsInSpace! posted:

Exact same and I normally skip intros after the first time. I normally don’t repeat it again unless it really slaps and that’s only the first and last intro. I watch the dance number every freakin ep. Every ep so far I find someone that makes me laugh. Harcourt’s jig is stiff and awkward but super aggressive like this buff dude that used to go to a London goth club that always made me giggle a few years back. Like an angry robot baby. Dude really loved Ladytron.

Whole cast is great but Vigilante has been the biggest surprise. His speech to the nazis had me dying. He may be a sociopath but he’s not that much of a douche. Still shocked Cena is THIS good at comedy. Can we just let Taika and Gunn do more shows?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Vigilante is enjoying himself in the dance intro too. His moves seem more exaggerated and less stiff than everyone else. A neat detail if intended(or if I am not just seeing things I want to see).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if they are gonna do anything with the tiny obelisk / spaceship soon? Feels like that should have been a way bigger deal. I think Dyebeard mentioned it in ep3 and nothing since then.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eat peace motherfucker :911:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory address the fact that Peacemaker found a tiny alien spaceship? cries in Milhouse

e: Speculation based on the ep6 promo: I hope White Dragon shows up and kills all those cops as they are trying to arrest Peacemaker. Also there is a ridiculously amount of gore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 27, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

When she first met him, she didn't fall head over heels for Chris. Classic Butterfly behavior. None of them did that so far. Well, except the first one depending on how you interpret it. She was the exception.

What? :psyduck: She was there in The Suicide Squad. She read his file. She knows he's an rear end in a top hat. Why would she fall head over heels for him?

Or maybe I am badly misunderstanding your position.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

Oh goddamn if there's actual plot relevance built into the intro choreography I'm gonna lose my frickin' mind :tizzy:

Need someone to analyze the dance moves of the janitor and old neighbor man to figure out what it means.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I assume the sitcom thing was to show him attempting to learn and understand emotions.

Good call on the "annoyed at the window knock though."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeNomolos posted:

this show is insanely amazing, i thought the suicide squad was okay and had issues, but this show has hooked me. i also now have a crush on freddie stroma due to this because vigilante is so goddamn awesome that I hope Gunn using a completely different spin on Adrian Chase leads to him getting to be more than what he was in the comics. He's like, if the main character from Super went to his logical end but at a much younger age, and I love that Gunn seems to be exploring more themes from that movie and i'm shocked how well he's working in the television space compared to the movies he's made that I haven't quite as enjoyed.

I do believe the twist is going to be murn is either a butterfly that was the cause of war crimes or actions on their original planet that led to it's demise, or is a human who's overpowered his butterfly and resents the lack of control despite everything good they are doing. I also get the feeling in re: to The White Dragon since peacemaker snaps in the comics and believes his helmet is haunted, I would guess Robert Patrick continues his role in the show as the first ghost in his helmet after he kills him this season.

Re your second spoiler speculation: Robert Patrick as a Dexter style head ghost would be amazing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:toot: Harcourt mentioning Murn tanking the bomb blast to his face.

lol the show and tell.

Gonna be a helluva bodycount in the last 2 episodes with all the white supremacists and butterflies

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm interested how those two factions who both want to kill Peacemaker will interact. Especially considering how there are some who are in the intersection, but I'd imagine those changed their minds on that subject.

3 way shootout bloodbath at the barn is my hope

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I would assume you can't be unbutterflied, based solely on the way Murn talked about it.

Is Judomaster dead? Is the tiny spaceship ever going to come up?
Maybe you can be unbutterflied and Murn will fly off in search of a new home at the end of the season! Judomaster will wave goodbye to him and join the team for season 2 :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The ep7 preview answers the question about Judomaster showing up again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What if you can only be de-butterflied if they enter through the butthole?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Heffer posted:

Since Resident Alien was brought up:

So somewhere there's a video of Alan Tudyk doing the opening dance

Was posted earlier in this thread or the DC one before we made this thread:
https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1481817267537170433

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I bet they only care about the environment because if we gently caress it up they also die.

Just so happens our interests align.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Everyone posted:

I admit that I'm kind of waiting for Chris to learn that all the butterflies except Goff/Song are males so he technically had sex with a guy when that happened. And then have a freakout.

wtf is this

Also Peacemaker mentions early on it's been years since he's had sex with a woman(when creeping on Harcourt), implying he did get some in prison.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Now that's a tragic backstory. And poor Murn :smith:

I would love it if Judomaster was just lying and trying to throw Peacemaker off guard when he said the butterflies aren't what you think they are. Did I forget why are they are keeping Judomaster alive?

lol the vets. The speech wasn't that inspiring.

99% chance that the "cow" gets telefragged, right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a parrot and I would love if I could teach it to hug me.

Make sure to get a selfie when it happens

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

I've seen reactions where people think Harcourt touching Murn in butterfly form as he dies was a gag - which the fact it's interrupted by "KIAI! DING DONG BITCHES!" kinda credits that interpretation.

I want to see a video where the team is deciding that Harcourt is the new leader but it smash cuts to Judomaster going DING DONG BITCHES and now he's in charge

Ep8 is now a raid on the flamin hot cheeto factory

Phylodox posted:

I don’t think anything is being undercut. It’s a stylistic choice, one that Gunn and Waititi in particular specialize in. They package a lot of really dark and poignant themes in ostensibly funny, silly fare. Some people bounce off of that, and that’s fine, but it’s definitely deliberate and well handled.

I don't mind it in Peacemaker. I noticed it in GotG but it didn't bother me. It completely turned my off Thor: Ragnarok though. Dude just could not let a single serious moment happen without some dumbass annoying quip.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 11, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I have no desire to see it, but if I recall from when the film first came out wasn't it suddenly reedited like a month out from release by the company that made the trailer because the trailer got some positive buzz online? Then it shockingly and completely unexpectedly turned out to be that editing for a 2 minute trailer and a 90-minute-film are entirely different things.

Yea it's this. idk if the Ayer movie would've been good, but it probably would've been more coherent at the very least.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Someone is gonna go inside of the cow and bust out of it, and my money is on Eagly.

Takes No Damage posted:

Repeat: Chekov's Butthole is still on the field :madmax:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hell yea!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am counting that as Chekov's butthole accomplished. :toot:

Holy gently caress those cameos.

That menacing smile that Robert Patrick had on in the final scene :ohdear:

Bring on Peacemaker season 2: Judomaster's Revenge!

Gonz posted:

Well I guess that’s where the whole episode’s budget went. :stare:

That was a really good scene.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ehh.

The very first thing, THE VERY FIRST THING, the butterflies did when they got to Earth was massacre a poo poo ton of unknowing and blameless humans. Like, as horrifying as the scene where Vigilante whistles as he snipes Goff's kids, we now know that those kids were murdered, cored-out meat suits for a couple of butterflies; however abstractly noble their ultimate goals, the butterflies were starting from a sub-Vigilante level of ethics. Nothing good would have possibly come from their plan.

*Puts on his "Peacemaker Did Nothing Wrong" t-shirt*

Also they took over a bunch of kids. I can understand why you would take over Goff, and maybe his wife, but why did you need to take over his kids? Even the homely butt baby deserves better than that!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

waaagh they killed the cops u said lmao

Also the other prisoners. Also random innocents. lol

sexpig by night posted:

yea the whole thing is for all the rhetoric of 'we're just doing this to save you' they didn't...need to brain-jack masses of humans, including rando kids and poo poo to do that, they survive just fine without human hosts as long as they get their Cow Slime so it's not like some 'it was for survival' thing. They're Peacemaker, they're traumatized and hurt from a past they probably had no control over and that's sad but that doesn't change that they fuckin killed a lot of innocent randos for their vague 'peace'.

Not-Song's whole last speech laid that out, 'we make the choices you can't', that's not helping humans and keeping us from falling down the same path, that's just patronizing authoritarianism coming from cute bug aliens, just like Peacemaker's old thing was just violent imperialism with a Dove of Peace slapped on it.

Great finale, 10/10 series, can't wait for season 2.

Also loved the Justice League cameo near the end, cute way to make the world feel connected.

Explains it really well. Or maybe you are trolling Khanstant idk.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Would Waller have her own daughter killed? I feel like she would. Or at least kidnapped and thrown into a blacksite for a few years if not the rest of her life.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If they were really serious about climate change, literally go take over the entire House of Representatives and Senate and get that poo poo sorted in a weekend with a bunch of laws. Then move onto the next country.

Or take over some children. Either one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hughmoris posted:

His KIAI will carry him thru to next season. I hope they bring him back because he is a great foil to the group.

DING DONG BITCHES

Imagine if instead of "ding dong bitches" he actually tried to explain what the butterflies were doing. Maybe Judomaster was the real villain all along...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Is Goff destined to starve to death?

I don't know how I feel about Vigilante as a character. On one hand he was funny, but he's also a complete psychopath who kills people for minor crimes like graffiti, and he really didn't have any character growth by the end of this season.

Might want to watch the finale again.

Goff is probably going to starve to death yes

e: I read that as Peacemaker because I am dumb. Yea, nothing really happened with Vigilante. Which is fine I guess. Judomaster also exists and didn't really do anything.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 19, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Peacemaker as the Doom guy cover

I love this one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i am a moron posted:

Okay so I picked up that Peacemaker was bi when his dad said ‘and MEN’ during his monologue and read an article about it, but did I miss something in the show where they explicitly said anything about that?

He mentions having sex with men in episode 1 when he's hitting on Harcourt.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/frandozer/status/1494938645551370240?s=20&t=i87OXu5fbXhAbGjWft3Xhw

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1499061447325675520?s=20&t=pLXqUA9XQhMuGQQmA6gZBA

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/1499899826405883908?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Release the Shape of Water cut!!!!