Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo that trailer stinger could be so many things. Hype reaching critical levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I think we may have gotten our first look at Vast Silver. Also Angela Basset AND Carrie-Anne Moss good lord 90s me is freaking out here.

That was my first thought and holy poo poo yes. The focus on allies are pretty cool too. It’d be fun to see if you can have them tag along throughout the game or if they’re just meant to be around for various point/set pieces

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You think so but wait until the Ted Faro church that dominates the forbidden west is revealed. He deleted the knowledge but his TED talk videos survived.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big fan of Lance “I love to play super smart and complex characters” Reddick, also know for playing “lol so i punched the alien super hard and it exploded being a titan rules” Zavala.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1437852688155353091?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CobiWann posted:

I still can't get over that the voice actress who portrays Aloy also portrays Tiny Tina.

been so long since the hey ash what ya playing videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNKxAy049w

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My weapon building queen

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kazzah posted:

:siren::siren::siren:GWENT CONFIRMED:siren::siren::siren:

That the Strike board game the pre-order had mentioned forever ago? Where is it mentioned in the video?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cactus posted:

I love a good Metroid intro.

Should have gone for the Faro++ warranty, Aloy!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait until they play 2 different fromsoft games

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Going through preview footage looking for puddles of water.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m over the whole HZD:FW naming scheme. Frozen Wild. Forbidden West. What’s next?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean fun as it sounds they would have to make so many excuses for a Horus booting up not immediately be the start of another extinction event that I can't imagine it would be very fun.

On the flip side, what if Aloy is the one that boots up the Horus and pilots it :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wiltsghost posted:

So I read somewhere that I can just buy the PS4 version for 60 and they will auto upgrade to the ps5 version? If I buy the ps5 version it's 70 I think?

Yes they got bullied into keeping FW as a PS5 launch title so it's entitled to a free upgrade. There's zero reason to get the PS5 version (unless i guess this doesn't apply to digital? Im not sure I gotta look up the exact conditions). It's the last Sony game to get this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It was ridiculous, my eyes rolled all the way around my skull, but I guess they decided it was better than showing Sylens use his focus to get a Wi-fi connection to select "HadesV.4.994" from a list and wait for it to download.

I wonder how much of it was actual floaty magic color bullshit and how much was just a focus interpretation of the signal. It's a hard thing to actually show.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Oh yeah baby, can you feel that excitement in the air? It's hype season!

4 Days until the digital preload becomes available.
7 Days until the review embargo lifts.
11 Days and we'll all be playing Horizon Forbidden West!

Let's gooooooo

This attack is fairly unsafe and not very realistic Aloy how are you not electrocuting yourself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope we can hug and hold hands with Petra.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I should take a week off because I have exactly just one week to play this poo poo before Elden Ring comes out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i would also like to pet the robots.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alhazred posted:

I really hope they fix one small thing though: I don't want to hunt after foxes in the hope that they drop enough loot to make the special fast travel pouch.

You’re going to have to hunt so much wildlife GAIA will berate you constantly for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If what you want is to see the DLC just knock the difficulty down to Story and go hog wild.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ashpanash posted:

I hope there's a 4-minute long explicit sex scene between Aloy and Sylens. And that's it.

They just have to get it out of their systems.

it’s a quick time event

CobiWann posted:

Fake spoilers. Go.

Aloy will be able to tame and ride a Glinthawk.

Aloy dies in the first five minutes and you actually play as a clone of Ted Faro named Raiden.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aloy visits Ohio.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cactus posted:

I thought this thread might be the likeliest place to perhaps find like-minded people; is anyone else around here not in the slightest bit enthused by Elden Ring releasing? Like who gives two shits about a new soulsborne when Forbidden West is about to come out? I'm not trying to poo poo on it at all, it's going to be great and popular and loads of people are going to enjoy it - probably including me at some point in the future - and those are all good things that I wish for every game and its players, but right now I couldn't give any less of a fingerful of feces about it if I tried, and I was feeling alone in that so wanted to find if anyone else felt the same way...?

If it turns out I'm alone in that then fine, if not then... also fine; I'll feel like I have company! I'm just curious to know where I stand.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I should take a week off because I have exactly just one week to play this poo poo before Elden Ring comes out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress yes. Gyro aiming in ALL games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone explain what the co-pilot system is meant to do? Is it just so one person can focus on movement and the other on everything else?

Enables a 2nd controller with mirrored controls. So someone else can literally step in and do input if needed without needing to pass the controller.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nottherealaborn posted:

I legitimately don’t understand how anyone uses gyro aiming, and Nintendo’s forced use of it in a ton of games (note: almost every Wii game) was a huge turn off for me.

You just waggle your controller and get even better precision, op

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZN63UxAOM

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh no, swimming :ohdear:

I hope there's not much swimming in the game, it's the worst part of every big adventure game.

I hope there’s a sewer level.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The game is (much like the first one) is pretty liberal with locations. Reminder that Horizon: Zero Dawn takes place over 4 states and has landmarks from all of them. We’ve seen some iconic areas of San Francisco and we’ve also seen Nevada Solar One in the trailer so I imagine there’s going to be quite a bit of travel in the sequel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Freeze/Blow up is the way with the big monsters. Freeze in general was insanely good in HZD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-XUnpM2x0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just remembered and submitted friday as a vacation day.

IT’S GONNA BE A GAMING WEEKEND, BAYBEE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game loses some points for not having Triple Triad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the overflow to stash mechanic sounds like lazy gaming. Give me a pack mule robot pal that I can store additional resources in and give me mining gathering mini-games where I command little robot ants to get stuff for me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

redreader posted:

Forbidden west ps4/ps5 links to the same page, which is 69 dollars. Did they decide to up the ps4 price to 69?

There should be a PS4 version (with digital upgrade to PS5) for 59 on the store page too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just pre-ordered (PS4 standard edition) on the iOS app, if that helps anything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/jeffgrubb/status/1493325199277625348?s=21

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has any review confirmed you being able to pet a cat and/or robot, living or robot?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

It is fairly straightforward.

You create an army of dinosaurbots based off models you find/buy/win. Each has a certain value with stronger bots having higher values. You have a max of 10 points to spend.

Robots are divided into types. Melee is close range, ranged is far, Ram knocks enemies back" Dash hits in a line, flying csn go over certain tiles, etc.

Some have special passives like bonus damage on certain tiles, deal damage to anything around them, etc.

The play map is made up of tiles. Grass, forest, Hill, Mountain, marsh. The higher your tile the more damage you do. Marsh penalizes most units.

You win by getting 7 Victory Points or by eliminating all of an enemy's units You get points equal to the cost of the unit.

Fort Condor: Robot Dino edition? Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

redreader posted:

That's true, but, they changed the price for the ps5 version to also be 59 yesterday,

I am not seeing this on the store.