Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Baron von Eevl posted:

Seveneves put me off ever reading his poo poo again.

I liked it except the whole last part of the book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol yeah his twitter sucks absolute poo poo, with the caveat that he does post a lot of bird pictures that he sees on walks with his son

why are you pickle rick

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Baron von Eevl posted:

Spook Country is alright, I was a bit annoyed that he wrote a sequel to Pattern Recognition that didn't have any of the main characters from that book, but PR had resolved Cayce's story enough that returning to her aside from her appearance in Zero History would have felt cheap. I also like the similarities between the Blue Ant books and the Bridge books, with exploring augmented reality and drones, and similarities between Milgram and Laney.

I like pretending that Spook Country's old man is Cayce's father, but I guess you're supposed to do that.

I liked Pattern Recognition a bunch and got like, 15 pages in to Spook Country before losing all interest for whatever reason

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bobcats posted:

Every Neal Stephenson book has a sex scene so bad it makes me wonder if it’s an in-joke he has with his fans.

Also Charles Stross is more hip. :agesilaus:

i tried reading the laundry files books, the premise interested me, but that guy's books read exactly how he looks, bloatee and all