Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Didn't Ansel Egort get cancelled? Or am I thinking of someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Didn't Ansel Egort get cancelled? Or am I thinking of someone else

uhhhhhh well apparently yes. sexual assault of a 17 year old that he dismisses and claims age of consent laws in NY make it ok anyway.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah that

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Raped a kid! Poor behaviour

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
He's the worst part of the show. A very enjoyable show that would have been way way way more fun without Jake-san and Samantha-san

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pepe Arnold posted:

He's the worst part of the show. A very enjoyable show that would have been way way way more fun without Jake-san and Samantha-san

yeah just from the previews I was a little bummed it wasn't a Japanese show from a Japanese perspective about the Yakuza so if that exists I'm all ears

E. Of course the real answer is the Way of the House Husband adaptation.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's 100% worth putting up with Ansel Egort for the pleasures of Ken Watanabe and his Fairlady Z.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

eighty-four merc posted:

I haven’t read the book but it’s my understanding that the show is faithful to it.

It would’ve been funny if instead of adapting the book they adapted the author’s mundane life as a reporter who would later fabricate the events described in the book.

Lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Enos Cabell posted:

It's 100% worth putting up with Ansel Egort for the pleasures of Ken Watanabe and his Fairlady Z.

:haibrow:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've been recently enraptured by the idea of a "phone movie" or a "phone show" which is something you can put on while sitting around doing stuff on your phone half paying attention and not miss a whole lot. 2019's Midway is an excellent phone movie. What other movies or shows fall in that category?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, that's the thing. He is a germ, but is actually pretty decent in the show.