Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

feedmyleg posted:

Welp, didn't realize I was about to spoil that show for myself. Thought I was getting dino spoilers.

It's not spoiled very much, depending on how much inference you can do this anywhere from the end of the first episode to the beginning of the third (it's explicit there), tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so i started watching For All Mankind and like... i think there's a solid case to be made that Apple TV of all loving things is the winningest streaming thing at the moment. Servant, Ted Lasso, Prehistoric Planet, For All Mankind, and Severance are all varying levels of "crazy good" plus they have Fraggle Rock

its absolutely a bonkers deal for 5 bucks if you can watch it all in that time, though 2 months is probably more realistic

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Sonic 2 hit Paramount+ today. It's fine! It is def an improvement over the first in most ways. The action is a little better, Knuckles and Tails are great and I do like Carrey's Eggman. Though, my biggest issue which stems from the first movie, is setting it primarily in the human world. The great thing about the Sonic games imo, is the visual splendor of all the different "zones" and worlds. The PNW is great and nice but makes for a boring setting for a something like this. Also, I just could care less about anything relating to James Marsden and his antics.

Still, the post credit stuff has me excited for 3!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

so i started watching For All Mankind and like... i think there's a solid case to be made that Apple TV of all loving things is the winningest streaming thing at the moment. Servant, Ted Lasso, Prehistoric Planet, For All Mankind, and Severance are all varying levels of "crazy good" plus they have Fraggle Rock

its absolutely a bonkers deal for 5 bucks if you can watch it all in that time, though 2 months is probably more realistic

Yeah Apple+ gave me 6 months free and kind of blindsided me with how good it is. Especially with a such a cheap price point even after the trial, I'd sooner get rid of other services to keep it after it runs out probably. The selection isn't huge but it's big enough and almost everything I have watched on it has been HBO quality (although HBO just has way more content)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently, every PS5 comes with a 6 month Apple TV subscription built into it. I’ve just been procrastinating signing up for it since I learned about that a few weeks ago.

You just need to login to the console Apple TV app with your Apple credentials and then it activates.

Edit: Yeah, this. I had a brainfart and thought it was a year’s worth.

veni veni veni posted:

6 months but yeah.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 25, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

6 months but yeah.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The George Carlin speculamentary on HBO was pretty good, but in typical Apatow fashion at least an hour too long.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

thatfuturekid posted:

Still, the post credit stuff has me excited for 3!

I told my friend while we were watching it that Shadow the Hedgehog would be the post credits stinger and when it happened I looked over at him and smugly said "See, I was right" and he said "I could have guessed that too if I was a loving nerd who knew too much about video games" and that knocked me down a peg

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I still have chip n dale mmorpg stuck in my head since watch. Then again I think I’ve had chip and dale mmorpg in my head for 15 years or whatever.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
And now you do too. Tada!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
alright yeah i'm just half through season 1 but For All Mankind has quickly rocketed to "most favored show" status

although, it also makes me feel like i'm going completely insane, because i could have sworn to absolute Christ that i had watched the pilot a while ago, and that there was a twist at the end of the pilot which was that the Americans were faking their moon mission because the soviets had got there first. But that's not what happens. Am I thinking of some other alternate history astronaut show in recent memory??

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

precision posted:

alright yeah i'm just half through season 1 but For All Mankind has quickly rocketed to "most favored show" status

although, it also makes me feel like i'm going completely insane, because i could have sworn to absolute Christ that i had watched the pilot a while ago, and that there was a twist at the end of the pilot which was that the Americans were faking their moon mission because the soviets had got there first. But that's not what happens. Am I thinking of some other alternate history astronaut show in recent memory??

There’s an older movie called Capricorn One in which the US does fake the moon landing. Not sure if that’s what you’re thinking of. It’s a good movie and worth checking out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

precision posted:

I love Dickinson and Central Park also

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The parts of the new season of The Flight Attendant where she talks to the other versions of herself are really terrible.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Best part of that show is definitely the pianist who's just absolutely jammin' through the whole drat soundtrack

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The parts of the new season of The Flight Attendant where she talks to the other versions of herself are really terrible.

It’s so bad, and somehow gets worse as the season goes on. The season overall is weaker by far, except I do love Annie(Zosia’s character) and her BF’s antics a lot

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Finished rewatching Party Down on Hulu for the second or third time. What a perfect little joy of a show. Half hour episodes, a meta story contained in a way that it works as the background for the whole thing, and just two seasons to avoid the slump in quality that starts to happen to almost any series longer than that. I don't want a third season, I just wish there were more shows like it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Well I want a third season but I guess that's just my struggle.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There's going to be a third season - they finished filming it in March.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

regulargonzalez posted:

Well I want a third season but I guess that's just my struggle.

You're in luck!

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t271itvSGQ

such a great show, right up there with Peep Show for me

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I love Party Down but has any show done the 'came back a decade later and was as good as the original' thing successfully

Genuinely cannot think of even a single example

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Twin Peaks

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
Better than S2 maybe :colbert:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Wolfsheim posted:

I love Party Down but has any show done the 'came back a decade later and was as good as the original' thing successfully

Kids in the Hall just pulled it off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

the X-Files reunion was fine

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Better than S2 maybe :colbert:

Hah, truth, but s2/3 of that is still better than 90% of the poo poo out there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
The X-Files reunion had one good episode and six terrible ones, you could only say it was as good as the original if you're only counting the Doggett/Reyes stretch

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I don't want to live-tweet, and it may circle back at the end, but I thought it was masterful how they introduced the 3-D Dale in the Chip and Dale movie.

First you see Dale, and your mind recoils.
Then you see Baloo, and you figure "okay, maybe this is just what happens to stars at this point." Early signal that it's plastic surgery that's just accepted.

Then you see Ugly Sonic, and your mind bends so far that Dale seems absolutely adorable when you see him again.

EDT: How the gently caress did they get Disney to sign off on this?

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 27, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

The X-Files reunion had one good episode and six terrible ones, you could only say it was as good as the original if you're only counting the Doggett/Reyes stretch

i think that the rules of television explicitly state that all numbered seasons of television count

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Kids in the Hall just pulled it off.

Could be I'm just glad to see 'em but the new season is pretty drat good.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Wolfsheim posted:

I think the Wet Hot American Summer shows are overall stronger than the original movie

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Arrested Development still hurts me

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The last Veronica Mars season is pretty decent.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The show really relies on the charm of Kristen Bell. I don't really remember the reboot season 4 super well, except for the ending, but I'm sure I enjoyed it because I'm charmed by Kristen Bell.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yeah, I think season 4's better than season 3 from the original run. Not as good as the first two, but still worthy entries in the canon. Then again I'm one of the few people who think the ending was totally appropriate so :shrug:

Also didn't most people love Twin Peaks season 3? I didn't get to it yet but that was a longer gap than most revived shows have

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Twin Peaks season 3 was amazing

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Allyn posted:

Also didn't most people love Twin Peaks season 3? I didn't get to it yet but that was a longer gap than most revived shows have

Twin Peaks The Return was an investment, but one of the best things I've ever seen. I really hope for a 4th season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Letterkenny spin off Shoresy is fuckin great go watch that poo poo.