Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I was never particularly good or even really loved playing SNK fighters, but they were by far cooler than Capcom's. I always loved looking at the character designs. I also liked how seemingly lore heavy they were, something that Capcom would kind of hint at but was much more easily missed in their games. They also had cooler bosses

Thanks for that link to interviews, I've been spending the morning reading a bunch and loving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

AuroMarshmallow posted:

This thread is good, and it makes me incredibly bummed that I completely missed out on the Neo Geo when it was in production. I didn't even know anybody who owned one.

I wonder if it was more prominent in different parts of the US, or if I just didn't know the right folks.

they were in basically every pizza hut in indiana in the 90s, almost always with puzzle bobble and metal slug

i've done most of my neo geo playing on a pc. i somewhat recently got a mister and have been playing on that and drat it feels good and nice on a crt

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

loopsheloop posted:

I've never seen AES hardware personally but MVS cabs are all over the dang place. Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug were monster huge.

We took an Olympics/Elden Ring/March Madness break but more updates are coming. Redid my arcade stick as a bit of motivation. Love the Neo Geo!!!

Yeah I remember seeing samsho around back then as well