Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

steinrokkan posted:

By hosed they mean driven to suicide by the constant and encouraged bullying, torture and rape of new recruits.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedovshchina

Holy poo poo 350+ suicides a year from people serving 6 month or 1 year terms of conscription? If people can't stick it out that long the abuse must be hellish. And that's just the reported ones! Sexual assaults are massively under reported!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

THS2 posted:

Bull loving poo poo. Russia, China, or the Sauds, never killed millions of people. you are disgusting

Things that didn't happen
-The great leap forward
-Holodomor
-Purges
-Invasion of Afghanistan
-Katyn Forest massacre
-Chechnya

Things that aren't happening:
-Uighur Genocide

Who the gently caress are you, recently registered forums user THS2?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

THS2 posted:

you're loving disgusting and i hope that you die like a dog

Oh most definitely. But really though, where's your source for millions dead in Iraq? Also, why does Russia get to just have Ukraine and no one else gets a say?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

THS2 posted:

again, why is it the business of the United States to fix all these supposedly hosed up nations?

There's a couple of reasons:
1. The US has decided to make it it's business. Deal with it.

2. The US tried "let countries just invade each other, not our fight" at least twice that I can think of and it didn't go well. Isolationism doesn't work, that policy was abandoned out of simple necessity.

3. You're welcome to criticize the US on anything you like, it's a country born of racism and blood but pointing to a bad thing that happened doesn't excuse doing another bad thing.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

THS2 posted:

again, you would all be pro-Iraq Invasion circa 2004

Lol what the gently caress are you talking about????? Russia is the one thinking about invading! They're the ones who would be starting the war in question!

Are you smoking something or just arguing in bad faith?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Who could possibly care if Russia invades the modern capital of neo-nazism?

The Russians are invading Facebook?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

THS2 posted:

why in the gently caress is the US there at all??

Requesting source for US troops in Ukraine

Or do you just mean "US involvement in any form"? Countries are all up in each other's business, it's a thing. Russia is quite good at that game, they really have no basis to judge others for playing it.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I'm extremely opposed to deploying US troops to Ukraine.

Giving them weapons, most definitely. No way we don't have a couple C-17's worth of antitank missiles nearing their expiration date.

And I saw some satellite imagery of Russian armor and vehicle staging. Well, I'm hoping that if those huge staging areas start emptying out some people in Ukraine know about it 5 minutes after the image gets downlinke. No troops on the ground at all. You can hardly fault the US for taking a digital photograph and sharing it.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 24, 2022

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

I mean uhh by this logic Russia should have gone to war with the US when they invaded Afghanistan. And Iraq.

If they'd made some credible threats to back those states I doubt the US would have invaded them, and the world would be a better place. Russia absolutely speaks up when they give a poo poo

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Betty Wight posted:

An incredible K:D ratio.

Fun fact, any troop you ask about their K:D ratio can't answer because they're still alive, thus their number of deaths is zero, making the denominator zero and the ratio undefined. I guess you could say they'll only die once so call it one death but that leaves out the potential for more killing as well as reincarnation.

Although reincarnation even once would halve your K:D ratio. Strong argument against it imo

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Betty Wight posted:

Yeah anything less than 500,000 rounds down to 0 since we are dealing with millions.

Lotta hard math getting dropped ITT :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

America isn't on a moral high ground. Ok? Not sure what that's got to do with the situation but it seems important to a lot of posters to acknowledge that

France rightfully and loudly objected to the US invasion of Iraq. France has plenty of blood on their hands, that didn't make them wrong.