Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

This is a thread to share one of my favorite DJ mixes, made by a dude called the Ruckazoid. He takes a bunch of classic verses from the 90s and 00s and puts them over his own beats, which are very sick. He put it out in 2005 and I guess it was supposed to get an actual legit release by a label but they couldn't clear samples so he just self released it as a free mp3 download.

Weirdly enough there's not much of a trace of this online. A few blogs with dead links to mediafire downloads, but nothing on youtube, nothing streaming. Felt like a shame that there wasn't a way to listen to this great mix unless you still had the mp3s after 15 years... so I dug out my old external HD and dusted off my filez and here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWceYMEzLMc

You can find where all the verses came from on discogs but not posting that here cuz it's more fun to see what you recognize and don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 20, 2010

metal gear??!?

Reminds me of cookin soul

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

thanks for this. not only is the mix good (i like what he does to the edan track especially) it's your effort to preserve poo poo from disappearing into that early to mid 2000s digital music black hole where all the myspace mp3s went and so on. anything without a physical release from like 2000-2007 is most likely gone, it's hosed to think about.