Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Is there anywhere to find out more about this?
I went into the Admin panel and checked my subscription (G Suite Legacy) and there's nothing in there about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

redeyes posted:

Click the support button (?) in the top area.

Thanks, here's the KB article.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/60217?hl=en

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

God they don't make it easy to work this stuff out, do they?

What's the cheapest Google offering for vanity domain gmail?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Microsoft Family 365 seems like the best option for anyone using a vanity domain for email for a couple of family members.
$100pa, 6 users, plus you get Office for your users.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

SamDabbers posted:

There's a 30% employee discount on Microsoft 365 Personal/Family if you work for a participating company, so the Family sub ends up being $70/year. Anyone successfully used a vanity domain on the Family subscription with a different registrar than GoDaddy? The MS support forum posts I've been able to find are contradictory or inconclusive.

I haven't done it but this is the post that appears to be clear and correct.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Office365/comments/ft15pk/use_personalized_domain_with_outlook_and_office

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I finally got an email about this today. Thanks Google!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I'll be happy if they really do come up with something free or cheap for family use, but it's a bit of a string-along until April when I'd really rather sort out what I'm doing with the domain sooner than that. Oh well.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

incoherent posted:

Ok i'm going to pitch this but please don't be angry!

icloud+ lets you bring your own domain if you subscribe, even to the cheap 1 dollar mo storage tier. Add to that, you can do family plans you could set up an email account for each member.

I don't have a problem with moving to iCloud in theory but having the email addresses have to be in your AppleID Family makes it a no-go for me (and most people, I should think.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

So is this basically the nail in the coffin for the prayed-for "Google Family" option?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

*Checks calendar*

Wow. Really did not expect the outcome we all wanted.

Edit: how do I get to that screen? Or do I just have to wait for it to show up?

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 17, 2022

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

I went to change my legacy subscription and got that option

Might be slowly rolling it out, I don't have it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Thanks! That worked perfectly.