Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Welcome to The Wrestling Guides Thread

Inspired by Jerusalem's excellent effort post thread in games The Best Games Ever: EffortPost Your Favorites and Gavok's So You Want to Get Into AEW: An All Elite Wrestling Primer, this is a thread for effort posting about things in wrestling you feel passionate about.

Some Basic Guidelines Shamelessly Stolen and Adjusted From The Games Effort Posting Thread
Thank you Harrow for writing the original version

What’s This Thread About?
In this thread, we will write, opine, rant, and otherwise discuss at length wrestling that you we care about. This thread will be a repository of long-form writing by PSP forum posters about anything related to wrestling. All aspects of wrestling are welcome, as long as they’re things from wrestling you care about!

Long-Form? I Gotta Write Words?
Yes! Well, as many words as you feel like.The idea is to bring up wrestling in this thread that you have something to say about. In other words: if a wrestler is one of your favorites ever, or there's a promotion you just can’t stop thinking about, tell us why! You don’t have to be exclusively positive--even the greatest promotions have flaws that are worth discussing, after all--you just need to have something to say.

It’s up to you if you want to just rant for a while, or focus on one thing you really love, or try to write a sales pitch to get other people to watch a wrestler, feud, match you think is overlooked, or even go for a more structured essay, article, or review. All are welcome.

You are free to talk about as much or as little as you want. If you want to do a big post about your ten favorite wrestlers ever, great! If you’d rather do one post about one match, and write about another one later, hell yeah, that’s cool, too!

What If I'm Not a Very Good Writer?
That doesn't matter! :justpost:

I'm sure some of us will be using this thread to write our Very Important Wrestling Thoughts in as well-constructed a form as we can, but that's not the only purpose. If you have a lot to say about wrestling you love, you're welcome to say it here, even if you're not confident in your writing skills. This isn't a writing critique thread, after all. It's a Talk About Wrestling thread!

Special Note About Writing Wrestling Guides
Wrestling topics can be big subjects requiring a lot of research and time to develop. If you can't get it all in one big post all at once, feel free to post multiple posts about what you're writing about or update your post over time. See Gavok's Ranking Every Royal Rumble Competitor for a great example of posting multiple times about a single subject.

Do I Have To Post My Guides In Here Rather Than Making A Thread?
No! I'm not a mod, if you feel like your guide would more likely get the attention and discussion it deserves as its own thread feel free to post one.

Will There Be a Ranking?
Nope! Unlike the annual MOTY or Top Ten Favorite Wrestler threads, there will be no end-of-thread rating, and in fact no defined ending to the thread. This thread will hang out for as long as people want to post in it.

Can We Talk About Wrestling?
I sure hope so! While the point of the thread is for people to post a bunch of words about the wrestling they love, we also welcome more casual discussion about the wrestling that's been brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004