Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Hardy Krüger (1928 - 2022)

He was a great actor who you might recognize from such movies as Barry Lyndon, A Bridge Too Far, Hatari!, and The Flight of the Phoenix. Not only was he an actor but he was also a director, a nazi, and an author, having written 16 books! He was 93 years old.

What are some of your favorite movies of his? I enjoyed him in the Flight of the Phoenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Welcome to prime time, bitch!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I like A Bridge Too Far

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The children of springwood can sleep safe finally

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I like the part where the Nazi died

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Kissed her? I Hardy Kruger!!

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I did nazi that coming

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

He designed toy airplanes! And you trust him?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

reported for stealing that one gimmick accounts gimmick

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
"In March 1945, Krüger was assigned to the 38th SS Division Nibelungen and was drawn into heavy combat.[5] The 16-year-old Krüger was ordered to shoot at an American squad.[6] When he refused, he was sentenced to death for cowardice, but another SS officer countermanded the order.[7] Krüger described this experience as his break with Nazism. He afterwards served as a messenger for the SS, but later escaped and hid out in Tyrol until the end of the war.[8] He was a member of the Amadeu Antonio Foundation and frequently spoke publicly against extremism and for democracy, citing his own experiences.[9]".

that's a fair amount to have happen at 16.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what a year, huh

Kruger, it's March

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
What’s gonna happen to his grocery store empire?

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Hardy Whoger?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

did they ever find out of he really molested all those kids?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pretty rude to burn his house down if he didnt

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
eh not a hill i'm willing to climb tbh

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i will not rest until I have found the real killer

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I, too, mourn the deaths of nazis

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gonna be so sad when Mark Wahlberg dies

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Hello my fellow Kruugs

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
you guys are being too harsh. nazis were the popular thing at the time, and every generation has their foibles. believe it or not, I used to wear skinny jeans!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

i was going to make a joke like “what, we’re canceling people just for being in the SS now?” But then I read about the details and I give him a pass for being in the SS. SS pass

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

are we really to compare todays social moors to those of the past

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
i dont see why youre so upset about a guy who killed a bunch of teenagers in their dreams which made them die in real life and he had a hand glove thing with knives attached to the fingers and a red and black striped jumper

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Baxter posted:

"In March 1945, Krüger was assigned to the 38th SS Division Nibelungen and was drawn into heavy combat.[5] The 16-year-old Krüger was ordered to shoot at an American squad.[6] When he refused, he was sentenced to death for cowardice, but another SS officer countermanded the order.[7] Krüger described this experience as his break with Nazism. He afterwards served as a messenger for the SS, but later escaped and hid out in Tyrol until the end of the war.[8] He was a member of the Amadeu Antonio Foundation and frequently spoke publicly against extremism and for democracy, citing his own experiences.[9]".

that's a fair amount to have happen at 16.

.... a good nazi?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
there were definitely a few good nazis, like Rommel, or the one from Rocky and Bullwinkle

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

No. 6 posted:

I like A Bridge Too Far

Seems the real bridge too far... was living

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Gasmask posted:

i dont see why youre so upset about a guy who killed a bunch of teenagers in their dreams which made them die in real life and he had a hand glove thing with knives attached to the fingers and a red and black striped jumper

His jumper is red and green, a horror fact I frequently need to remind teenagers about when I wear my red and black striped jumper.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Disco Pope posted:

His jumper is red and green, a horror fact I frequently need to remind teenagers about when I wear my red and black striped jumper.

its based on the clothes an old hobo was wearing wandering down an alleyway mumbling to himself when wes craven was a kid lol

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

The Walrus posted:

.... a good nazi?

It sounds like a decidedly poor nazi.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

STABASS posted:

there were definitely a few good nazis, like Rommel, or the one from Rocky and Bullwinkle

or the guy from that one Brimstone episode

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

nazi punks gently caress off

imo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Walrus posted:

.... a good nazi?

Good choice on the going AWOL thing too. Reassignment or no, his days were probably numbered.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Walrus posted:

.... a good nazi?

The only good nazis are dead nazis, so, this checks out :crossarms:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
can I have his stuff?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Flight of the Phoenix is loving awesome

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

got kicked out of the SS for being too nice lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

wouldnt kill the kitten

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Sid Vicious posted:

are we really to compare todays social moors to those of the past

social lesses if you ask me!!!1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

signalnoise posted: