Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Methanar posted:

For a while I was so stressed out I was having severe sleep paralysis every day, ultra vivid false awakenings/dreams and auditory hallucinations of my name being called, footsteps in my house, knocks on the door, and wind chimes for months lmao

it would be coupled together with dreams within dreams where the dream would be all hosed up but then I'd 'wake up' and know that I had just woke from a bad dream and then go off and do my thing but then everything was actually still a horrible nightmare but I had already woke up from the nightmare and that meant all the current horrible things were real and then I'd 'wake up' again except im actually sleep paralyzed, even though I didn't know this had a real term yet at the time, while there's a knife murderer at my bedroom door who is taking 15 minutes to walk from my door to my bed while I can't even turn my head properly to see him come.

then I'd wake up for real except lol my life was the real nightmare all along. and actually I had gone probably 6-8 weeks without leaving my house or seeing another person not through a computer.

pretty hosed up to not be able to ascertain reality for a few months lol.

geeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I think I've only had sleep paralysis once and I figured out what it was quick and stopped freaking out and fell back to sleep or something.

What I've experienced multiple times is exploding head syndrome. Where you are about to fall asleep and your brain makes up a police siren or bomb explosion just to gently caress with you. Only happens when I've been awake for long stretches which makes it all the more fun. Anyone else get that?