Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Upset of the year:

Aljamein Sterling vs Petr Yan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Foul of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Dean Barry Spinning back kick to Mike Jackson's balls
Foul of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Dean Barry treats Mike Jackson's eye socket like a bowling ball

Upset of the Year Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade Mike Jackson beats Dean Barry by DQ (+700 underdog wins)

MMA Comedy of the Year Mike Jackson (of the CM Punk fight) beats Dean Barry by DQ

Good Reffing of the Year Chris Togioni DQs Dean Barry for two foul of the year-tier fouls

Dumb Career Moves Dean Barry manages to lose to the second-worst fighter ever signed to the UFC because he can't stop fouling him

Bad Commentary of the Year DC calls the refs cowards for being afraid to DQ Dean Barry just as the DQ is being announced

Honourable Mention Fight of the Year Mike Jackson vs Dean Barry - it got seven other nominations this poo poo is worth watching

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Submission of the Year: UFC Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade, Jessica Andrade getting a standing loving arm triangle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CarlCX posted:

Submission of the Year: UFC Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade, Jessica Andrade getting a standing loving arm triangle.

Abso-loving-lutely, that was so goddamn cool.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I don't think this necessarily beats Andrade locking in that standing arm triangle, but I'll nom it anyways:

Submission of the Year: Claudio Puelles locking a kneebar on Clay Guida at warp speed.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1518055562734309377?s=20&t=1tUSKK4QW7FQqS7WQDoXTQ

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

KO of the year: Fialho shuts off the lights with check left hook vs Cameron VanCamp

E: actually no chandler with the silva walk off KO vs Tony Ferguson was better

COPE 27 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 8, 2022

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

KO of the Year: Michael Chandler vs Tony Ferguson, Front Kick, UFC 274

Think we can pencil this one in as this years winner

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Worst fight of the year: Esparza Namajunas

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Worst Coaching Gameplan of the Year: Pat Barry telling his fighter/gf to keep doing what she's doing

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

evilpicard posted:

Think we can pencil this in as another winner

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Most Overhyped and Underperformed: Rose saying "I'm the best"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

evilpicard posted:

Now that it's done, agreed, yes, garbage

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

evilpicard posted:

Absolutely, that was appalling.

evilpicard posted:

Worst Coaching Gameplan of the Year: Pat Barry telling his fighter/gf to keep doing what she's doing

Yeah, Jesus Christ what the gently caress was that?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Round of the Year: Charles Oliveira vs Justin Gaethje, Round 1, UFC 274

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Fentry posted:

Round of the Year: Charles Oliveira vs Justin Gaethje, Round 1, UFC 274

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Submission of the year - UFC 278 Brandon Royval chokes out Matt Schnell with a highly technical, basically one-arm, guillotine.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah that was a pretty great sequence, idk if I would put it ahead of Andraj's standing triangle but top 5 this year so far.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

evilpicard posted:

Yeah that was a pretty great sequence, idk if I would put it ahead of Andraj's standing triangle but top 5 this year so far.

My theory is nominate now, vote later. It was one of those subs that I appreciate as a grappler; Andrade's is one of those ones that I appreciate as a fight watcher.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Submission of the Year: Oliver Enkamp vs Mark Lemminger, Buggy Choke, Bellator 281

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1525197924573057031

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

KO of the year: Paul Daley sends Giacamo face first into the canvas

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1525220301281320962

COPE 27 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 13, 2022

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I guess you'd file it under Worst Hype of the Year but I'd also accept Grossest poo poo: Eagle FC 47, the entire company decides to hype the return of Thiago Silva by talking nonspecifically about how strong his 'personal struggles' have made him and having Kamaru Usman talk about what a family man he is

edit: twenty minutes later they used a promo package for the main event as an opportunity to talk about #freecain, so make it a twofer

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 21, 2022

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Knockout of the Year: Chidi Njokuani vs Dusko Todorovic, Elbow, UFC Fight Night 206

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1528171362363260929

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know what category it fits into, but Ketlen Vieira's corner yelling,"DID YOU COME HERE TO DO SOME TOURISM!?!" at her going into the final round of her main event fight with Holly Holm at UFC Fight NIght 206 was incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight of the Year: Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275
Round of the Year: Round 1 of Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275
Knockout of the Year: Zhang knocking Joanna's soul out of her body and leaving her now empty body to collapse to the floor like Al Pacino at the end of Godfather III - Round 2 of Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

KO of the year: Zhang Weili launching Joanna face first into the canvas with a spinning backfist

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

UFC 275 no bad fights on the entire card, whatever category that is. Every category.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Brut posted:

UFC 275 no bad fights on the entire card, whatever category that is. Every category.

Card of the year so far

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Teixeira - Prochazka FOTY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight of the Year: Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka for the Light Heavyweight Championship - UFC 275 6/11
Show of the Year: UFC 275 6/11

Great show, and that main event was absolutely loving incredible.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Fight of the Year: Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka for the Light Heavyweight Championship - UFC 275 6/11
Show of the Year: UFC 275 6/11

Great show, and that main event was absolutely loving incredible.

Cannot second hard enough.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Only fight night London came close to the entertainment value but these were fights that actually mattered.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Worst Coaching gameplan: telling your fighter who clearly won the first round to do something high risk in round 2, because, apparently "gently caress it"

Jeffrey - Aguiar, Bellator 282

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FOTY: Matt Schnell vs. Su Mudaerji, UFC on ABC, 7/16

ROTY: Matt Schnell vs. Su Mudaerji Round 2, UFC on ABC, 7/16

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Also comeback of the year

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Also card of the year, 12 fights 8 finishes decent pacing hilarious suits, 3 cool slams in different fights, tko via exhaustion/torn everything, all kinds of fun poo poo.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Performance of the year: Amanda Nunes vs Juliana Pena UFC 277 for 4 or 5 knockdowns and a 50-43 judges score.

Worst commentary of the year year Joe Rogan calling Penas panic grappling competitive when barring one arm bar attempt none of them were ever close.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Fight of the Year: Nate Landwehr vs David Onama
Comeback of the Year: Nate Landwehr def David Onama

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

KO of the Year: Marlon Vera def Dominick Cruz, UFC Fight Night: Vera vs Cruz

this is so self-evidently an awesome knockout that you already added it to the main list on your own but I'm putting it here anyway because god drat

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Comeback of the Year: Leon Edwards getting wrestlefucked by Marty for the better part of 4 rounds, only for...

KO of the Year: Leon Edwards def (c) Kamaru Usman (head kick), UFC 279

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Honourable Mention FOTY Costa vs Rockhold

e. Foul of the Year Costa lands a bus driver uppercut straight to Rockhold's sack