Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Your lungs wish they could be cleaned up too, OP.

I hope you give up smoking before it kills you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

It's a compliment. It means that if you put a modicum of effort in, you can not look like poo poo.

It'd only be an insult if you gave a poo poo and tried to put effort in on a regular basis, but as you already admitted you don't give a poo poo if you look like poo poo.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

The General posted:

It's a compliment. It means that if you put a modicum of effort in, you can not look like poo poo.

It'd only be an insult if you gave a poo poo and tried to put effort in on a regular basis, but as you already admitted you don't give a poo poo if you look like poo poo.

oh look at Doctor Logic here

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that phrase in real life, tbh. Only in ‘80s and ‘90s teen comedies where the “nerdy girl” takes off her glasses and lets her hair down to become an alluring goddess with perfect makeup.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Jelly posted:

I take it as a compliment but it basically means, "I was not aware you could look like you weren't homeless".

Could be worse, I guess. You could get all cleaned up and have them say "Well, that didn't help much, did it?"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i look like robin williams in jumanji but you should really see me when i go to trial

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it just means you look nice in a suit or a fancy dress or whatever, no need to interpret it in such a cynical way

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Nm

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i shaved my back recently and i'm smooth like a goddamned seal

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Sandalwood is nice. I like it much better than wooden sandals.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I guess it's a compliment if you prize the ability to dandify yourself. But most people seem to and presume others do to, so I'm gonna say whoever said that to you wants to gently caress you.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Genesplicer posted:

One of the very first times I ever went out on a date (this was the late 1970s), the young woman I went out with had obviously worked very hard to make sure her makeup was perfect. She looked amazing. I attempted to tell her that I appreciated her efforts and how great she looked as a result. How did the compliment come out?

"With all that makeup on your face, it looks okay!"

Did you take her to see that new electric light that the all the rich people were getting?

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
You looked good enough that you surprised the person who complimented you. It's not an insult. It just means they're going to look at you a little differently now. They're wondering how they didn't realize all this time that you were handsome.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zippy the Bummer posted:

listen

i have six bars of sandalwood soap. six loving bars that i bought online by accident becuse f christmas

Have you ever tried using one? :owned:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are you sure they didn't say "You! Clean up well." whilst pointing at the local well that's been fouled by some goons', perhaps even your own, twisted escapades?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i am but do you know how long it takes to use up a cake of soap

Colonel Cancer posted:

Are you sure they didn't say "You! Clean up well." whilst pointing at the local well that's been fouled by some goons', perhaps even your own, twisted escapades?

i had not thought of that

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
It means they want to bone down with you OP. Are you ready to bone down?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I work/camp in the woods for 8 days and something like 90% of my coworkers only see me then. So its somewhat commonly said to/by all of us when we run into each other at a bar or something in town.

Its pretty much always a compliment.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is your name well by any chance?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Name's Well. Cleanup Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

everyone that has ever said that to me also expresses a very strong and vocal distaste for the fact that I prefer to wear my hair on the long side