Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have severe auditory sensitivity and often need things to be as quiet as possible. But I absolutely need music whenever I can. Living without music seems like a cursed life.

I can lose auditory processing entirely sometimes, and go completely deaf temporarily. One, it's terrifying, two, I'm always scared if it becomes permanent.

I make music tho so I may be biased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Is there any answer for your affliction? Like implants.

Nope, it's entirely neurological. My ears are actually fine, but if my brain gets overloaded with input it just sort of fries and resets. Bright lights can can seizures or gently caress up my vision for a while too.

Brain damage is great lol