Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Problem description: This is a really bizarre issue. I just replaced my mother board, cpu, ram and some storage devices. The computer runs great, its a powerhouse but if I put the computer to sleep, it won't wake up normally.

Once I try to wake it up, the fans in my system spin up but nothing ever happens. It doesn't beep, just nothing, no screen output. No power to my usb devices either. However all the fans in my case and the lights on my various components (rgb is a plague) are on.

This is where it gets weird, if I hit hit the reset button on my case, it resets but the problem persists. But if I hold the power button down until the machine turns off and then turn it back on, it starts up normally. In fact it even actually resumes, you'd think the hard shutdown would wipe the state but it just resumes like it woke up from the original sleep. So odd.

Attempted fixes: I honestly don't know, I have the work around above but haven't mucked about with anything else.

Recent changes: New motherboard, Z690 Pro A DDR4, i7 12700k, 2x16 GB 3600DDR4 memory, and an m2 boot drive.

--

Operating system: Windows 10

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes but everything is about other problems not this very specific thing.

Edit: Flashing my bios seems to have fixed the issue. Just updated my bios to the latest version and all is well now, thread is resolved.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU