Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i think it’s cool to have a prominent spiritual tradition in america that isn’t centered on the supremacy of the divine masculine (all abrahamic religions)

i pray to the moon and no one can’t stop me :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Weka posted:

:actually:
Even the dang catholic catechism denies that god has a gender or sex.

lol cmon i’m talking about genuine feel-it-in-the-heart spirituality, not technical definitions. yahweh is obviously a patriarch of divine masculine energy. that’s fine and even cool. it’s just limiting when we think the only way to relate to divinity is in the manner described by abrahamic religions.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

a virgin, a huge geek, or a nazi. also nazis gently caress off stealing heathenry, cant get a loving tattoo related to my religion and culture because of loving garbage racist homophobic transphobic fuckos

what would you get?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

a kenaz rune for loki but nazis added a couple tails to it and co opted it entirely

that sucks. it’s weird how norse paganism in particular got corrupted. i guess cause of manly vikings? celtic paganism still feels like sjw witch territory

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

So you've got some Scandinavian ancestry then? I'm Scandinavian and anyone over here who's into that is a nazi. Worship of Thor and whatever isn't part of yours and it wasn't part of your family's culture.

it’s not like, foolish or whatever to not want the pagan religion of your ancestors taken over by fascists.

for a lot of people, spirituality and religion are not just empty categories to dump meaning into. there are genuine and significant differences between a pagan faith and a monotheistic one. someone wanting to connect to the pagan traditions of their ancestors is perfectly reasonable.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

i have bad news

no make them stop :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

The pagan traditions of his ancestors who were 100% not pagan. Okay.

People just want to be something different, and pick norse paganism because that's the popular one I guess, and there's tons of people with Scandinavian ancestry in the US and Canada.

?? i don’t get your point. nordic people were not pagan before christianity?