Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh he on xgames muhhuhfuguh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
In the 2000s, I only ever heard of the X Games in like magazines and stuff. It sounded pretty rad at the time. How rad are they nowadays?
Throwing yourself off stuff on a board into the cold harsh mistress of gravity is either rad or dangerous, not sure which.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bring back barefoot water ski jumping u cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEAI-sLKnw4

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I like it for the nude skiing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I liked that for the first few winter x games nobody figured out you could do tricks on skis yet so they just filled up events with stuff like speed skiing where they'd put on a gimp suit and just straightline down a super steep groomed trail in the Backcountry to see who could go the fastest or "shovel racing" which is exactly what it sounds like.

Then some guy had a snowmobile fall on his head and died

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 24, 2022

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I remember losing at the rollerblading section on the PlayStation game.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
They exist so Shaun White has a job

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Hector Delgado posted:

They exist so Shaun White has a job

They so desperately want him to be the next Tony Hawk but even elderly Tony is still a lot cooler than Shaun White in his prime.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i think to gain more interest they need to build something ever more rad than the mega ramp.
They should bring in The Agrocrag.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This AV is courtesy of your best GBS buds!

Knormal posted:

They should bring in The Agrocrag.

Do do do do you have it
GUTS

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its basically just skateboarding and snowboarding now, I miss the days of 90s Exxxtreeeeeeme sports like Street Luge.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I think my favorite lesser-known x games sport is wakeboarding... As fun as it looks, it's probably the ultimate rich kid sport.

It's entirely done by people whose dads can afford a specialized speed boat that can be modified so that it produces a wake that can be jumped off of.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It loving owns that it wasn't until like 2007 that people figured out that you can do cool grabs on skis

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think my favorite lesser-known x games sport is wakeboarding... As fun as it looks, it's probably the ultimate rich kid sport.

It's entirely done by people whose dads can afford a specialized speed boat that can be modified so that it produces a wake that can be jumped off of.

Yeah id say most x-games sports outside of skateboarding are expensive as gently caress hobbies.

I remember wanting a bmx bike as a kid and my mom getting immediate sticker shock. I ended up with a Huffy and still managed to take it on sick jumps.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i watched the downhill street luge in person in san diego as a kid. it was next to old qualcomm stadium where they had the moto stuff. iirc the skydivers landed there too. good times.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
barking
starring in a movie with Jet Li
getting arrested pretty much every year for 15 years

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I watched some of the ski jumping in Oculus Venues the other day and it was pretty cool actually, just shootin the poo poo with ppls and laughing when dudes fall down.

It's amazing though how much irl social anxieties come through, but I think it will be a tool for getting better at interaction. I was catching myself not making eye contact with virtual avatars - they can't even tell what my actual eyes are doing!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Isn't that a PS1 game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EselwQ50DM

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

The Walrus posted:

I watched some of the ski jumping in Oculus Venues the other day and it was pretty cool actually, just shootin the poo poo with ppls and laughing when dudes fall down.

It's amazing though how much irl social anxieties come through, but I think it will be a tool for getting better at interaction. I was catching myself not making eye contact with virtual avatars - they can't even tell what my actual eyes are doing!

Pretty interesting Op. I would like to try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I like the concept of the x games showing that even stoners can achieve goals in life