Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiddleTeapot

Hello! I'm new here and I don't know a lot of the etiquette so apologies in advance for any breaches. :3:

---

Recently, I built this little mini room from a kit:

https://i.imgur.com/OIgWJjH.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mMfTxMN.mp4

and it was suggested that yobs may have fun stuff to suggest I add, and I liked the idea of a collaborative art project like this. :)
So, here is the next kit I'm making:

Everything can be changed or added to, but the overall structure will remain the same. I will do my best to incorporate all suggestions within my artistic ability and materials available!

:lovebird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
This is EXTREMELY cool! I've looked at little kits on Amazon, I think when I have big space again I would love to put a few together. I really enjoy gunpla / gundam building and this is like that but less weeby, but somehow far nerdier!

Also FIRST POST IN A FIRST POST THREAD! I think my day is looking up!

nut

I love it, can there be one plaid banana at the fruit stand

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
what if they sold weed, and there was a bong?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

please put a tiny little photo album of byob avatars in there :shobon:

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

pnac attack posted:

he's asking what we all wanna know

and like I know byob weed lol but I want a little model of a pacific northwest wood and flannel weed shop lol

aghhhh you're a bad influence I don't want to spend more money but I want one of these

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
add a dragon or a tea pot or a reference banana and a giraffe

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Doctor Dogballs posted:

omg this

or little framed portraits!!

Manifisto

I feel like a tiny replica of a hammock kitten sticker would really sell the whole thing

lol I am not serious it's incredibly awesome as it is

although . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Code Jockey posted:

and like I know byob weed lol but I want a little model of a pacific northwest wood and flannel weed shop lol

aghhhh you're a bad influence I don't want to spend more money but I want one of these

You knoooow...

But seriously I have all those Pendleton scraps and dioramas...

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
2022 is the year of dioramas in byob

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Are these fun? Are they super hard? I saw one of a little crowded bookstore that I thought looked cute, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

LiddleTeapot

How Wonderful! posted:

Are these fun? Are they super hard? I saw one of a little crowded bookstore that I thought looked cute, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it.

Honestly the most difficult part of them is maintaining your patience, sometimes. To make that easier I recommend getting a couple of things ahead of time:
- Good multi-purpose craft glue. Honestly, even the cheapest PVA would be much better than the glue that comes in the kit.
- Needle-nosed pliers (required for a lot of these things but doesn't come)
- A range of craft clamps. I just use bulldog clips (for things that need to be clamped firmly and/or kept off of surfaces) and alligator clips for stuff that just needs to be held together.
- a good cutting mat. This could be anything from a kitchen cutting board to one of those self-healing craft mats depending on your budget/general investment in crafts long-term. :>

Otherwise the instructions are usually quite good (they do appear to be translated, though, so sometimes there's weird phrasing/missed steps, but I've never encountered a problem in them I couldn't really logic around.) and the process is really chill and nice. Great for putting on some music and losing yourself for a couple of hours every now and then :) I highly recommend getting it if it catches your eye, it's definitely worth! :D

pnac attack posted:

2022 is the year of dioramas in byob

I'm so pleased to be aboard this train!

Cardi BYOB posted:

You knoooow...

But seriously I have all those Pendleton scraps and dioramas...

Do iiiiittt

Manifisto posted:

I feel like a tiny replica of a hammock kitten sticker would really sell the whole thing

lol I am not serious it's incredibly awesome as it is

although . . .

Haha jokes on you I don't know how spoiler tags work so I'm gonna do it anyway :c00l:

aldantefax posted:

add a dragon or a tea pot or a reference banana and a giraffe

'or' means 'and,' right?

Code Jockey posted:

buyyy ittt (do it, it'll be really nice to be doing this alongside you and exchanging progress pics :D)

And I'll totally see what I can do about this weed shop.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Code Jockey posted:

omg this

or little framed portraits!!

I shall see what I can do :3:

pnac attack posted:

This suggestion truly comes as a surprise :D It will be done.

nut posted:

I love it, can there be one plaid banana at the fruit stand

Your wish is my command

Code Jockey posted:

This is EXTREMELY cool! I've looked at little kits on Amazon, I think when I have big space again I would love to put a few together. I really enjoy gunpla / gundam building and this is like that but less weeby, but somehow far nerdier!

Also FIRST POST IN A FIRST POST THREAD! I think my day is looking up!

:woop:

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

LiddleTeapot posted:

Honestly the most difficult part of them is maintaining your patience, sometimes. To make that easier I recommend getting a couple of things ahead of time:
- Good multi-purpose craft glue. Honestly, even the cheapest PVA would be much better than the glue that comes in the kit.
- Needle-nosed pliers (required for a lot of these things but doesn't come)
- A range of craft clamps. I just use bulldog clips (for things that need to be clamped firmly and/or kept off of surfaces) and alligator clips for stuff that just needs to be held together.
- a good cutting mat. This could be anything from a kitchen cutting board to one of those self-healing craft mats depending on your budget/general investment in crafts long-term. :>

Otherwise the instructions are usually quite good (they do appear to be translated, though, so sometimes there's weird phrasing/missed steps, but I've never encountered a problem in them I couldn't really logic around.) and the process is really chill and nice. Great for putting on some music and losing yourself for a couple of hours every now and then :) I highly recommend getting it if it catches your eye, it's definitely worth! :D

drat that all sounds good. Me and my wife are both pretty crafty but without a lot of overlap in what crafts we do, and we've been trying to think of a fun cold weather craft project we can do together during the long New England winter, and these might be the thing.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I want to photograph your craft house :dance:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Ass-penny

What's the story with Carl? He is supposed to sell fruit, but has carrots out, which I think is a vegetable.

All joking aside these are super cute and kind of trippy to me, I had never heard of this. Most of the products are paper? In that little clip it appears the mirror is real reflective mirror material. The next logical step to me is getting figurines of appropriate scale to pose in the scenes.

Maybe we can get some crossover with the haunted house thread. Do you think you could cook up some broken, melted, or disfigured clocks?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Also the first time I saw the thread title I thought we were building a teeny tiny cruft house, who is a byob poster you may not have met yet, since they haven't posted here.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

great thread, cool op, voted :five:

hammock kitty sticker would be cool but why not a lil cute hammock kitty? (or even both)

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Viginti Septem posted:

Seeeeriously this thread is making me want to finally rent a macro lens, I want to just get irresponsibly high and photograph situations in the little scenes

little moments in time

poverty goat

what that room needs is a teeny tiny scale model of itself on display

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
teeny tiny LCD monitor hooked to a raspberry pi displaying this page as people watch in comfort

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Code Jockey posted:

Seeeeriously this thread is making me want to finally rent a macro lens, I want to just get irresponsibly high and photograph situations in the little scenes

little moments in time

Little moments in little time

So anyway when are we making a tiny weed store diorama

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

poverty goat posted:

:sickos:

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

biosterous

an orb, kept in a place of honour and reverence

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
This is cool! My grandfather used to make miniature stuff for dollhouses and dioramas (none haunted, afaik). The craftwork involved is really impressive.

Ass-penny

poverty goat posted:

:hmmyes:

also a teeny tiny scale to weigh out it's occupants weed

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
its so pretty!! I request that you add Marge Simpson somewhere though

LiddleTeapot

How Wonderful! posted:

drat that all sounds good. Me and my wife are both pretty crafty but without a lot of overlap in what crafts we do, and we've been trying to think of a fun cold weather craft project we can do together during the long New England winter, and these might be the thing.

That honestly sounds so cute and cosy!

Viginti Septem posted:

Thank-you! Do you often photograph mini things? :3:

rear end-penny posted:

What's the story with Carl? He is supposed to sell fruit, but has carrots out, which I think is a vegetable.

All joking aside these are super cute and kind of trippy to me, I had never heard of this. Most of the products are paper? In that little clip it appears the mirror is real reflective mirror material. The next logical step to me is getting figurines of appropriate scale to pose in the scenes.

Maybe we can get some crossover with the haunted house thread. Do you think you could cook up some broken, melted, or disfigured clocks?

Carl is a person of contradictions, I don't think we'll ever truly understand them.

So it's a combination of laser-cut panels, beads, wires, paper cutouts, and a whole bunch of other stuff

The mirror is indeed a tiny, reflective mirror! I had a look and the 'mirror' part seems to be a reflective paint or foil with a thin veneer of plastic over the reflective side. I accidentally rubbed the silver off from the back the first time I made the mirror and had to make it again, unfortunately. I actually have a doll-making book and I'm considering trying my hand at it at some point! It's pretty involved but I'm excited to give it a go :)

I can definitely give some melty clocks a go! Let's get spooky! :ghost:

Stoner Sloth posted:

great thread, cool op, voted :five:

hammock kitty sticker would be cool but why not a lil cute hammock kitty? (or even both)

Your will be done :>

biosterous posted:

an orb, kept in a place of honour and reverence

But of course!

rear end-penny posted:

:hmmyes:

also a teeny tiny scale to weigh out it's occupants weed

I'll see what I can do :xd:

Buttchocks posted:

This is cool! My grandfather used to make miniature stuff for dollhouses and dioramas (none haunted, afaik). The craftwork involved is really impressive.

I'm just making this from a kit, so just imagining someone doing this from scratch and fabricating all of the little pieces involved and planning how they all go together... That is some incredible skill and patience!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

its so pretty!! I request that you add Marge Simpson somewhere though

Of course! It will be done

LiddleTeapot fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 24, 2022

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
this thread is pure gold already and extremely byob :five:

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

calling Luvcow, the king of diaramas 2 this thread :gamefreak:

Twenty Four

LiddleTeapot posted:

Hello! I'm new here and I don't know a lot of the etiquette so apologies in advance for any breaches. :3:

*LiddleTeapot proceeds to go on and make their first thread in byob, as far as I know their first post in byob, and judging by the 0 post count possibly their first post on SA at least with that account, and after worrying about "posting right in byob" makes an extremely byob post*

I love it, perfect :) I don't know who made the suggestion to post that here, but they were right!

FutonForensic

imagining lil mice in bonnets whipping up a poultice for scarlet rubella

FluffieDuckie

I love this. I once refurbished my childhood dollhouse for my niece and I was having so much fun they practically had to rip it out of my hands at Christmas

Ever since then I’ve dreamed of starting another one. Maybe I can live vicariously through you for the time being.

Tiny duck would look excellent in there.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Enfys

The ocean is calling and I must go

This is so cool :swoon:

I think the shop needs a bodega cat

Prof. Crocodile

this is a wonderful project and wonderful thread!

Prof. Crocodile

Enfys posted:

This is so cool :swoon:

I think the shop needs a bodega cat

also, seconding the bodega cat.

Heather Papps

hello friend

LiddleTeapot posted:

and it was suggested that yobs may have fun stuff to suggest I add, and I liked the idea of a collaborative art project like this. :)
So, here is the next kit I'm making:

Everything can be changed or added to, but the overall structure will remain the same. I will do my best to incorporate all suggestions within my artistic ability and materials available!

:lovebird:

please make the sign say HOT CARL'S

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also, seconding the bodega cat.

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a wonderful project and wonderful thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

i love the tiny room!