Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The game should just add side quest markers when you bring back power to that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Hwurmp posted:

The crossbow you get at PK rank 4 is extremely strong; none of the other benefits are very important.

Yes. And you can get it with maybe like 160 stamina on the second map. Just try to find the power buildings in every map section! I LOVE IT!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

redreader posted:

Yes. And you can get it with maybe like 160 stamina on the second map. Just try to find the power buildings in every map section! I LOVE IT!

Yeah I think I've just been lazy with doing that, or maybe I thought they were mostly associated with story missions like the first two.

I've already got like 300 stamina I think

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bushmaori posted:

What are the glitches you guys have had?

I've had a few:

Learned the hard way about having too many Steam friends made it impossible to connect to multiplayer, which lead to a plethora of bugs in and of itself when attempting to connect, usually of the soft locking variety due to story flags not firing or NPCs not spawning in.
Physics bugs of various sorts (hilarious usually)
Shops occasionally having an unlimited supply of a 100 stack of the rare crafting mat they carry
If you've bought the rare crafting mat in a shop that was only a single, buying other crafting mats causes it to reappear so you can buy it again

And the most memorable is a model glitch from a sidequest NPC. It was the collect food for Kevin in Old Villador, I rounded the corner to hand the food over and Kevin is just standing there, his head slowly doing 360 spins until it finally decided to flip inside his chest before continuing to spin. It was both horrifying and mesmerizing, my greatest regret is I didn't have my recording software going at the time, and when I was loading it up DL2 hard crashed so I couldn't even capture it.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

I've had a few:

And the most memorable is a model glitch from a sidequest NPC. It was the collect food for Kevin in Old Villador, I rounded the corner to hand the food over and Kevin is just standing there, his head slowly doing 360 spins until it finally decided to flip inside his chest before continuing to spin. It was both horrifying and mesmerizing, my greatest regret is I didn't have my recording software going at the time, and when I was loading it up DL2 hard crashed so I couldn't even capture it.

I had this one and I managed to capture some I think. I'll try and post it tomorrow

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobs!

Beat this last night and lol at using title cards to deus ex machina massive plot events. Lawan is standing next to a bunch of missiles rigged with plastic explosives up to like 5 seconds before they go off based on your communications with her. The resulting explosion is so powerful you're nearly killed after hauling rear end to get as far away as you can. But the title card lets you know Lawan survived after Hakon showed up at the last second and rescued her. How!? Did he haul in an aircraft ejection seat? Can he create wormholes? Does he wear rocket boots? It feels like they ran out of time after only making a few cutscenes then decided to patch in the rest of the decisions you made with shoe string and bubblegum.

Also in my ending the bartender said Lawan is the head of the nightrunners now and she'll take the package the dude delivers but then you get a cutscene showing she left town with Aiden. Also how are they connecting future DLC if they already have you leaving town. What a swiss-cheese ending

Overall I loved the game but the ending had some issues. My main hope for New Game+ is that they tweak night a bit. I get they wanted people to go out more at night but I think they brought the difficulty a touch too far back the wrong way. They really need to put volatiles out in the wild at night because there's basically 0 threat from the infected once you get decent gear. Also walk back the density of screamers considerably, imo they should be spawning at the rate of the other specials (such as bolters) and not every 10 loving feet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can really tell they wanted this super dynamic choice making game but couldn't pull it off so there's just errors all over especially near the end. Also choices that are just confusing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, but idg how Waltz destroying the city was supposed to help Mia or accomplish literally anything.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobs!

veni veni veni posted:

Also maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, but idg how Waltz destroying the city was supposed to help Mia or accomplish literally anything.

Lol I was wondering that too. "We have to launch the missiles it's the only way or else she dies!" Umm... so how does launching missiles at a city keep a bedridden patient alive again?

I think it's because the missiles are set to automatically fire as long as the power is on, and Waltz needs the power to finally finish a cure. But even that's dumb, like dude you had years and a bunch of goons to prep for doing this. Couldn't you like idk... go around disabling the missiles over the course of ten years? Remove their warheads? Drain their fuel? Then you could be like "hey guys I'm going to turn the power back on and work on a cure for the infection" and not have all the city factions attacking you for their own survival.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(TV Station) Everyone's flatfooted by exploding zombies. I've been dealing with those guys for ages. Aren't these guys supposed to be professionals?
Zombies attack, but I go super-mode before I can even start using the fun stuff in my inventory.
Then I'm stymied and panicking because there's a locked door. Not only have I repeatedly picked locks before, sometimes even as a story thing, I'm also carrying enough C4 to level a midsize building. But oh no this door is locked I'm definitely going to die.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Question: Does Ledge Jump skill let you jump over billboard gaps?
So you know how a lot of billboards, at least in Harran, have you first climbing up, then scooting left, before going up a bit more? That extra little room looks jumpable, and that would be my primary reason for getting Ledge Jump. However, if it doesn't bypass that, let me know! Gonna peek really quickly on occasion to avoid spoilers, but I appreciate any helpful input.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Morter posted:

Question: Does Ledge Jump skill let you jump over billboard gaps?
So you know how a lot of billboards, at least in Harran, have you first climbing up, then scooting left, before going up a bit more? That extra little room looks jumpable, and that would be my primary reason for getting Ledge Jump. However, if it doesn't bypass that, let me know! Gonna peek really quickly on occasion to avoid spoilers, but I appreciate any helpful input.

It does not, as far as I have seen. It's good for quickly moving though, since it turns the hand over hand climbing into a little hop.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

CuddleCryptid posted:

It does not, as far as I have seen. It's good for quickly moving though, since it turns the hand over hand climbing into a little hop.

Well piss.

Alright, cheers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I've had basically zero bugs. I never understand this because it's always the same for me. People complain about tons of bugs and then when I play I just never see them.

Only bug I've seen was a spitting zombie being totally still and not actually existing for the purpose of the game, that's it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The only obvious bugs I've seen are the aforementioned frozen special zeds, but I've definitely had a lot of little bugs as the dynamic parkour fucks up when I try to do something. Sometimes I'll smash into a ledge and not be able to grab it, sometimes moving gives me first person body horror shots, and especially when jumping backwards off of ledges the game likes to make you lose all momentum in midair and then drop like a rock.

E. There was a couple times when the sound cut out entirely that sucked but I haven't seen it since.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 16, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

The only obvious bugs I've seen are the aforementioned frozen special zeds, but I've definitely had a lot of little bugs as the dynamic parkour fucks up when I try to do something. Sometimes I'll smash into a ledge and not be able to grab it, sometimes moving gives me first person body horror shots, and especially when jumping backwards off of ledges the game likes to make you lose all momentum in midair and then drop like a rock.

There's literally that upgrade where you can turn completely around midair and somehow still keep moving in the direction you're facing, even though it's the opposite direction you were moving in lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Play posted:

I've had basically zero bugs. I never understand this because it's always the same for me. People complain about tons of bugs and then when I play I just never see them.

Only bug I've seen was a spitting zombie being totally still and not actually existing for the purpose of the game, that's it.

I've had a few, wouldn't call it a particularly buggy game though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The ps4 version's sound bugs make it nearly unplayable

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
too big to put on here i think but here's headspin.gif
https://imgur.com/a/qta6BhQ

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I've had floating zombie heads, an item for a quest not appearing until I left it and came back and howlers showing up but not actually existing as an object to be interacted with.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Food Boner posted:

that looks cool as hell actually, like the head is just taking this fun little romp around his owner's body

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Food Boner posted:

this is exactly it. Hell I'll upload it to discord so it can embed easy, one sec

edit:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789881673092562944/943668841878257744/headspin.mp4

it's even better the second time :allears:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
How on earth do you get health from the water refilling stations? The prompt says to tap but nothing happens

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

eleven extra elephants posted:

How on earth do you get health from the water refilling stations? The prompt says to tap but nothing happens

Don't tap, hold and release. (or just hold it autodrinks when you've drained it)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Holy poo poo is the last boss buggy and annoying.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobs!

Wait what

I didn't even know those were a thing. Was that ever explained? Where are they?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Hakarne posted:

Wait what

I didn't even know those were a thing. Was that ever explained? Where are they?

Most settlements have them when you take em over, no it's barely mentioned. They're big square boxes with a tap poking out. I still don't understand them, I dunno if its because I'm playing on Hard but they give me barely any health.

Finished the game yesterday and slam uninstalled, overall fine experience but no desire to play any further to wrap side stuff up. I felt the weapons were really uninteresting in this one, didn't the first have more unique one off types?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Only bug of note for me was a loop of action music that never ended. That, or the local trader likes his ambience to be rooftop chase.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finished the game at 11pm Thursday Aussie time, just in time for Horizon tomorrow. Blazed through the main story, only did one side mission, and enjoyed it but that was more than enough. gently caress that last boss, that was horrible.

Game has mega plot holes and my ending wasn't very satisfying but it was pretty fun overall.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Most settlements have them when you take em over, no it's barely mentioned. They're big square boxes with a tap poking out. I still don't understand them, I dunno if its because I'm playing on Hard but they give me barely any health.

They only give a limited amount of health, but as far as I could tell you hold the button until it stops you, then it heals you for a little bit. If you check afterwards it says it's refilling or something because you took all the health from it. It's especially confusing because the water just looks completely clear and it's really hard to tell what, if anything, is actually happening.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

explosivo posted:

They only give a limited amount of health, but as far as I could tell you hold the button until it stops you, then it heals you for a little bit. If you check afterwards it says it's refilling or something because you took all the health from it. It's especially confusing because the water just looks completely clear and it's really hard to tell what, if anything, is actually happening.

Isn't it better to just go to sleep twice and get all your health refreshed immediately?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

Isn't it better to just go to sleep twice and get it all refreshed immediately?

Sure probably. It seemed like a pretty half baked mechanic like most of the ones in the game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I love how the game only lets you switch between day and night when it isn't useful and most of the time it's easier to just jump to your death to switch to night time.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

explosivo posted:

Sure probably. It seemed like a pretty half baked mechanic like most of the ones in the game.

after you fix the water in old town in DL1 the fountains do nothing for you so it's right and proper to be totally useless

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I just finished the Baba quest line at rank 7 and was given a rank 3 common bow as a reward. :effort:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Sloober posted:

after you fix the water in old town in DL1 the fountains do nothing for you so it's right and proper to be totally useless

I remember the first time I finished that quest in DL1 and seeing Crane pull out his phone and take a selfie with a water mug only to proceed to get swiped by zombies and it was a little funny, like they got offended by someone acting like that even though they're dead. But yeah, the fountains are dumb cuz you can either just die for a full heal, sleep, or make like a billion medkits and not worry about health.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Katanas are a Tank weapon, right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like if there was one utter failure I'd gripe about with this game It's night time. The first game tried to do this thing and it didn't totally work, but it was half way there. Night time was a bit more intense. there wasn't a particularly good reason to go out at night other than some worthless bonus xp though. Once in a blue moon you'd accidentally get stuck out at night and poo poo would ramp up and it was sort of cool though.

Night Time in DL2 just blows. Their whole solution to the first game's issue was to make some missions only available at night, but night in DL2 is just...nothing. Most of the time I didn't even think about it. Once in a while the stupid howlers trigger but the chases aren't intense they are just super annoying and get in the way of whatever you are trying to do. Also I think I saw maybe 5 Volatiles in the whole game and they were also just annoying and way shittier than DL1. They only seemed hard because they will never stay in your FOV. The game doesn't even ramp up to them being regular enemies like the first game did either. There's like 4 zombie types the entire game uses maybe twice. it's weird as hell.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Volatiles can be found in Metros and Quarantine Zones during the day, as well as level 3 and 4 chases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah I know I just meant they never really get worked into the story and become a normal part of the game outside of the last mission. And they are not fun to fight in DL2. they are so all over the place.